FiTech EFI system

-
My a/f is approx 13.6 at idle. I set my idle at 950 rpm on the programmer. Left the factory setting of 700 at first startup and would not idle at all cold or warm. So changed it to the 950 rpm taget idle and screwed in idle screw about a half turn. I got a pretty big cam though (.598/.620 lift, 263/271 dur @.050). I'm no techy guy thats for sure so no idea what my IAC is at. Will the programmer tell me that??
I also noticed once I input my specs into the programmer all is good but if I happen to go back in and look at it the factory settings are displayed. Is that normal??

When you are on the handheld, toggle the button to the right. 3 different pages of information will be displayed as you toggle.

I think IAC count is on top of the 3rd page from the main dashboard page. Toggle to the left to go back.

Everytime you make an adjustment, you have to push the toggle button, which sends the data to the ECU and saves it. It will display "send to ecu"

Ken

Probably a dump question but.... If it's self tuning, why are you having to make all the adjustments to get to run right?

No such thing as a dumb question. Probably because I am impatient.

If i had more time driving , then I suspect it would change settings on it's own quicker. My Accel pump settings where a big deviation, but I could see that when i gave it gas, I got a large lean spike, so I added accel pump fuel , till the spike went away. No more spike.

Pull over to the side of the road, make a change, go right back out and test it again. repeat as necessary. That's why I like it.

Ken

GLAD TO HELP!

Units in stock and ready to ship here at Pace!

Hey Johnny, I got a question I have been wondering about... I was thinking about using the 2x4 setup on a crossram setup, but if I understand correctly, the IAC motor is located in just 1 throttle body, so how is a decent idle going to be possible on a crossram unit?

did you get any of the 1200 hp units in stock yet johnny ?

I have sold plenty of them, they just typically go as soon as they come in. Or are already spoken for when they do. Best to get one on order, then its yours when it shows up.

Hey Johnny, I got a question I have been wondering about... I was thinking about using the 2x4 setup on a crossram setup, but if I understand correctly, the IAC motor is located in just 1 throttle body, so how is a decent idle going to be possible on a crossram unit?

Thats a great question. I will check on cross ram capability tomorrow from the office.

Looks like this guy likes his kit. Went from carb to FI Tech and gained 5.5 mph

Attachments

• image.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 726
Looks like this guy likes his kit. Went from carb to FI Tech and gained 5.5 mph

Watch the annular discharge video...its really something. Annular boosters on a carb do quite well, so they do the same on the fitech unit.

I'm curious also, in the midst of a Dart Swinger project. Have a 572 Gary Stanton Hemi over 700hp. Will be running a Mopar crossram P5007534. Have a new pair of Holleys 4452778 & 9 in the boxes. Planning on using the P4510635 Mopar crossram linkage. P5007809 air horns. Intrigued with the option of EFI. Anyone?

All I have read here and else where everybody appears to be happy with their Fitech system when they first get them...now that many of you have had them for a while how are they on the road, ease of tune & driving plus fuel consumption wise.... I'm thinking of importing one into Australia for my 318 powered Dodge ute....with our lower dollar and impending GST tax on personal imports it will be an expensive item....need to think carefully!! feed back please.....

I've talked with the owner and autocrossed with quite a few guys who have them on their old cars. One of my friends who owns and daily drives a '60-something Mustang with a 289 got one of the first ones as he helped with R&D. On top of that, he autocrosses the thing at least once if not twice a month. He likes the system quite a bit. Last I talked to him back in October he had about 9000 miles logged on it without any issues. He's a hardcore carburetor guy and he admitted that auto-tune on the fuel injection is pretty darn good. He says it starts back up instantly. So, it seems like a pretty durable unit.

The owner went to one of the autocross events I went to and I got to talk with him for a good hour. He's definitely a smart and good guy. FiTech has done a lot of work with OE's, both major and minor, as well as some international companies you'll never hear about. So, he tries to bring the OE quality of the major manufacturer's into this product.

HMM, I was thinking more like adding a 3/8 barbed bulkhead connector to the sending unit itself like this one :

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004XAFICS/?tag=joeychgo-20

not sure if there is enough space though.

you can use a bulkhead connector like that one but I think a better spot to put it is in the dimple above the sending unit its almost like the engineers put it there for that reason.
but if you think putting it in the sending unit is a better spot have at it .

I'm curious also, in the midst of a Dart Swinger project. Have a 572 Gary Stanton Hemi over 700hp. Will be running a Mopar crossram P5007534. Have a new pair of Holleys 4452778 & 9 in the boxes. Planning on using the P4510635 Mopar crossram linkage. P5007809 air horns. Intrigued with the option of EFI. Anyone?

You can run their dual quad setup, good for 1200hp and has been used on engines with only 3-4psi of vacuum

Take a look at post 356... "the IAC motor is located in just 1 throttle body, so how is a decent idle going to be possible on a crossram unit?"

Take a look at post 356... "the IAC motor is located in just 1 throttle body, so how is a decent idle going to be possible on a crossram unit?"

Ok, The idle quality on the dual Tb unit is more a factor of the butterflies being slightly open, than the IAC itself. The IAC is more for correction factor. Have been no isses with using them on a cross-ram style intake.

Ok, The idle quality on the dual Tb unit is more a factor of the butterflies being slightly open, than the IAC itself. The IAC is more for correction factor. Have been no isses with using them on a cross-ram style intake.

Interesting.......Do you know of any video of them actually running on a crossram? I am about to give them a shot, but I need a little more confidence that the idle wont be a issue before spending the cash......

-
Back