FiTech EFI system

-
All,

I pulled the trigger on a FiTech Go 600 hp and the FCC! I'm stoked to have this going on my almost complete 367 LA Dart Schwinger! Bye Bye 650 DP!

There are so many great stories on You Tube on every kind of car/truck/Rv application I could not resist.

I wanted an Innovate WB anyway, and was going to need help with the Carb setup probably and was freaked a bit on breaking in a flat tappet cam, with a carb that I bought used, can scrap the relays for my Twin Fans on my new Champion 26" radiator with variable speed control, so now I have actually "saved" money with the great value of the FiTech.

I'm a FI guy anyway and can relate to the data inputs! I spent the past 12 years working on Dodge Turbo's from TII Shelby Omni's, Daytonas, SRT Stg 3 and big turbo Neons, etc.

Quick question, I saw several people on line using E85 with their Fi Tech. I am assuming that the adaptive fuel trims with compensate for the need for more fuel. Or is there a function that can be selected to automatically adjust to E85?

Can I get an invite to the FB FiTech page?

Thanks,
Marion

Anyone that purchased a unit from me, and can't get through to them for a warranty based issue, please contact me and I'll get it taken care of ASAP.

All,

I pulled the trigger on a FiTech Go 600 hp and the FCC! I'm stoked to have this going on my almost complete 367 LA Dart Schwinger! Bye Bye 650 DP!

There are so many great stories on You Tube on every kind of car/truck/Rv application I could not resist.

I wanted an Innovate WB anyway, and was going to need help with the Carb setup probably and was freaked a bit on breaking in a flat tappet cam, with a carb that I bought used, can scrap the relays for my Twin Fans on my new Champion 26" radiator with variable speed control, so now I have actually "saved" money with the great value of the FiTech.

I'm a FI guy anyway and can relate to the data inputs! I spent the past 12 years working on Dodge Turbo's from TII Shelby Omni's, Daytonas, SRT Stg 3 and big turbo Neons, etc.

Quick question, I saw several people on line using E85 with their Fi Tech. I am assuming that the adaptive fuel trims with compensate for the need for more fuel. Or is there a function that can be selected to automatically adjust to E85?

Can I get an invite to the FB FiTech page?

Thanks,
Marion
It's not documented but to support E85 you tell the ECU that your displacement is 30% bigger than what it actually is. So, 367 + 30% in your case, or about 477 CID.

subcom,

Thanks that makes sense!

I would love to see some Premium Pump vs E85 dyno results on a SB. I sprayed Water/Meth in 18 psi boosted Mopar 4 cyl cars and made +15hp/35 trq with no changes in boost/tune etc. The motor loved it!

I took out the FCC Bracket and found there is only one place to mount the FCC canister. On the passenger fender near the vent tube there is a small area that is flush with the bracket mount. Looks like only one bracket can be used. Same place as I have seen others. That's not optimum. Am I missing another spot? Does anyone use a bracket maybe, that could be an answer? I'd like mine to be secure for at least a good love tap from someone and maybe even add some vibration resistance. I have a 26" Champion radiators. Stock Battery location.

Now I just need my Guy to complete my motor! It's only been a year............

Marion

Got my RMA unit back from Fitech. Two new problems. Grey screen on the handheld, and throttle linkage that is completely binding up. Not just stiff, but getting stuck at about 50% throttle. Dangerous! The grey screen issue I can work around by cycling power to the computer. The linkage is a huge PITA though. Any ideas? As usual, Fitech support is slow to respond...

Is the linkage physically hitting the intake and binding? Or are the spring coils binding?

As far as their response times, yes they exploded in the market, so staffing wasnt ready for the massive amount of tech calls, and the occasional rma. This is why i encourage guys that order from me to keep me in the loop on communication with fitech, and i get issued resolved faster than the norm if i have to step in.

Remember. Happy customers are quiet customers. Rarely does someone make it a point to go on and on about a good experience, but issues are at the top of the list to be posted. (Not that thats what you are doing) but in the post above i dont quite agree with the statement that anyone ordering these are "testers". are there some bad units mixed in with the good. Sure, but remember, i have sold probably 10k of these at this point...I assume you I haven't had 100 problems out of that lot. And that would be less than 1 percent issue rate. Remember, you can find anything you want on the internet...if you want to find bad reviews....you find them....if you want to find good reviews, you find them.

Is the linkage physically hitting the intake and binding? Or are the spring coils binding?

As far as their response times, yes they exploded in the market, so staffing wasnt ready for the massive amount of tech calls, and the occasional rma. This is why i encourage guys that order from me to keep me in the loop on communication with fitech, and i get issued resolved faster than the norm if i have to step in.

Remember. Happy customers are quiet customers. Rarely does someone make it a point to go on and on about a good experience, but issues are at the top of the list to be posted. (Not that thats what you are doing) but in the post above i dont quite agree with the statement that anyone ordering these are "testers". are there some bad units mixed in with the good. Sure, but remember, i have sold probably 10k of these at this point...I assume you I haven't had 100 problems out of that lot. And that would be less than 1 percent issue rate. Remember, you can find anything you want on the internet...if you want to find bad reviews....you find them....if you want to find good reviews, you find them.

Hi Johny
Thanks for the response. My next purchase will be through you. Regrettably, I didn't know about Pace when I bought my unit from Jegs. You have a good grip on customer service and it shows through your participation in these forums. I'm glad to hear that you are moving a bunch of these. 10k units, really? That's amazing. I would hope fitech would have a bigger support staff by now to handle that kind of volume.

On the binding issue, I can't see that there is any physical interference so it must be the springs or that arm that connects primaries to secondaries, but it seems to be setup pretty well. Both sides are opening at the same time and No apparent slop as others have observed on their units.
Thanks again

Hi Johny
Thanks for the response. My next purchase will be through you. Regrettably, I didn't know about Pace when I bought my unit from Jegs. You have a good grip on customer service and it shows through your participation in these forums. I'm glad to hear that you are moving a bunch of these. 10k units, really? That's amazing. I would hope fitech would have a bigger support staff by now to handle that kind of volume.

On the binding issue, I can't see that there is any physical interference so it must be the springs or that arm that connects primaries to secondaries, but it seems to be setup pretty well. Both sides are opening at the same time and No apparent slop as others have observed on their units.
Thanks again

300 ish per month, for 2.5 years now. So maybe slightly less, but traffic hasn't slowed much, so i'd say thats fairly accurate.

As far as the binding, I guess i'd have to see it. If the coils of the springs aren't laying over on one-another. beggs the question as to whats causing it. Are the butterflies maybe getting into the TB? Is the throttle stop adjusted for WOT? does it flex free in your hands, before its on the intake? just some things that pop into my head.

All,

I'm working on a mounting plate/bracket to go on the fender and then place the FiTech on it. Maybe place some rubber grommets too to prevent any vibe or road bumps etc from monkeying with the FCC.

Marion

Got my system installed and fired up for the first time tonight. Not using timing control yet. Took 2 times to start, hunted for an idle and smoothed out quite nicely. It ran for about 10 minutes and died suddenly. I have not been able to get it to start back. It will crank and fire for a brief second and die.

Thanks to the Facebook group I think that it fires on the prime shot, then the pcm isn't receiving a rpm input from the msd box and so it stops fueling. I have checked my connections and even re-soldered my connection and nothing.

Hoping someone here might have a suggestion.

I did check that. I was hoping that was the problem, but wasnt...

I just called fitech and they are supposed to call me back.

Try holding the gas pedal down a little and see if that helps. Mine will not start when cold unless I hold the pedal down. I am told that this has to do with the IAC-Multi setting but I haven't been able to find the time to play with it.

I have.

Ithink my problem is that the ecu is not getting a tach signal. Just don't know how to fix it.
I had an erratic tach signal. My car would start but the idle was all over the place. I fixed it by using a shielded wire for the tach signal. I used shielded speaker wire. You ground the shield at one end (leave the other disconnected) and I coiled the original wire up and his it in the plastic casing I was using. I didn't want to cut it in case I had to return anything. Also route the wire away from plug wires and distributor. I am not saying this will fix it but it's worth a try and it fixed my idle problem.

Super,

Try turning in the throttle screw a bit to open the butterflies. EFI should not need any pedal at when firing for any reason.

All,

My FiTech Go 600 TB smelled like gasoline when I opened it up. Did you smell of fuel too? I am assuming that these were bench tested at final? Or did I get a returned unit?

Thanks,
Marion

All,

My FiTech Go 600 TB smelled like gasoline when I opened it up. Did you smell of fuel too? I am assuming that these were bench tested at final? Or did I get a returned unit?

Thanks,
Marion
Many are bench tested. We would never pass off a return as new, but i don't know where you got it.

Super,

Try turning in the throttle screw a bit to open the butterflies. EFI should not need any pedal at when firing for any reason.
this is correct, and don't forget to reset the TPS calibration if you do this.

I have.

Ithink my problem is that the ecu is not getting a tach signal. Just don't know how to fix it.
Mine had the exact same problem. No tach signal, bad ECU. It will start and run for a brief second from that initial shot from the injectors but die immediately after that. Check your blue tach signal wire. Maybe you have a bad connection.

And check the setting for tach or vr and coil..
Mine mysteriously switch to vr from tach and had the exact same symptoms

I have to send my unit back to fitech. The unit is not getting any rpms input even applying a direct 12v to the tach input.

-
Back