Fl. DMV won' transfer a clean open title to me.

-
My dad’s Dart came from a non-title state too. Here in VA it’s a misdemeanor to try and register a vehicle without a title!?!? I’m having to go through an Abandoned Vehicle process where I’ve run the insurance and police report database scan for it and it came back clean. If it popped an owner on record somewhere, I’d have a mess on my hands. Now I just have to post a public intent to auction the vehicle to see if anyone claims it. Then, I can finally say that I want to keep it and apply for a new title here. Clear as mud. Covid having shut down all the offices pushed DMV appointments out about 2-3 months here too. Effing zoo man.

That's not how it works. FL sends NY a request for a clear title when a someone wants to transfer an out of state title/registration. This request is momentary. If the NY owner subsequently renews the NY registration (a month later) it ginks up the process. We can speculate why it was registered it after it was sold but that won't solve anything. In a perfect world it would've have been removed from NY system but the NY owner presented a valid NY registration renewal and caused the issue. It's got nothing to do with how "swift" the government is in NY.
Yeah...Ok. :) The OP shall see going forward Ill bet it takes 8-9 months to straighten this out That's why I mentioned a lawyer pay the money get it in 4 to 6 months.

I bet they won't issue a bonded title because it was LAST registered in NY.

It will be some BS no one answers the phone no one returns the calls etc. All self service. lawyers know people on the inside to get it done that's what ya pay for.

I would exhaust all my own efforts within reason before I contacted a lawyer. A few internet searches and telephone calls would be worth my time. The OP did not detail specifically what he and the seller have done in the 2 months time but I would take the reins myself and try and get this done. I would also contact Florida DMV for their guidance. I am not here to speculate but to assist.

I would exhaust all my own efforts within reason before I contacted a lawyer. A few internet searches and telephone calls would be worth my time. The OP did not detail specifically what he and the seller have done in the 2 months time but I would take the reins myself and try and get this done. I would also contact Florida DMV for their guidance. I am not here to speculate but to assist.
No I appreciate your help. Without getting shitty at DMV, I have been nudging them hard so has the guy I got the car from . But I'll start on Monday again making calls.

Well I got a letter in the mail from the guy I bought the car from who has really stepped up and has helped tremendously. I have to take the car to DMV at a pre determined date so they can verify the VIN and get NY DMV on the phone. They have agreed to remove the VIN from their system just at the same time Fl DMV will issue me a title. Cross your fingers this all works out.

Try Florida Fast auto title. In Tampa on Nebraska ave. They specialize in classic car titles. I got run around at the DMV. They handled mine like it was old hat for them

Try Florida Fast auto title. In Tampa on Nebraska ave. They specialize in classic car titles. I got run around at the DMV. They handled mine like it was old hat for them
Thanks. I think I have it solved. If not that will be my next stop. Thanks

Well for those of you that don’t believe in miracles, I’m here to tell you they do happen. Got a email yesterday the New York has updated the National Vehicle Data base and that I could now get the Duster title put in my name. Made an appointment today at 12:15 today. AND——————BAMM. I walk out of there with this 1970 Duster titled I my name.

Pretty sure pulling teeth is easier, and doesn't take as long.

My dad’s Dart came from a non-title state too. Here in VA it’s a misdemeanor to try and register a vehicle without a title!?!? I’m having to go through an Abandoned Vehicle process where I’ve run the insurance and police report database scan for it and it came back clean. If it popped an owner on record somewhere, I’d have a mess on my hands. Now I just have to post a public intent to auction the vehicle to see if anyone claims it. Then, I can finally say that I want to keep it and apply for a new title here. Clear as mud. Covid having shut down all the offices pushed DMV appointments out about 2-3 months here too. Effing zoo man.

Sometimes you can apply for lost title in current owner's name, have it sent to him c/o of you and your address. But a "ghost" would need to sign owners name on app. for lost title. IF no notary is required. There are probably larger sins committed.
Some states are so anal with old car titles.

Well for those of you that don’t believe in miracles, I’m here to tell you they do happen. Got a email yesterday the New York has updated the National Vehicle Data base and that I could now get the Duster title put in my name. Made an appointment today at 12:15 today. AND——————BAMM. I walk out of there with this 1970 Duster titled I my name.
WOW WOW!! !!!!!!WOW!!!!! Bet you are jacked!!

WOW WOW!! !!!!!!WOW!!!!! Bet you are jacked!!
You know I can't explain it but I felt like I had won the lottery or when I hit a grand slam when I was 12 again. And I'm thinking why does this mean so much to me? I guess because deeeeep down I had little faith this was going to get done!

You know I can't explain it but I felt like I had won the lottery or when I hit a grand slam when I was 12 again. And I'm thinking why does this mean so much to me? I guess because deeeeep down I had little faith this was going to get done!
What about the little 65?

What about the little 65?
Well not all was successful. I did try to get that one done as well but, I have to get a local Fl. PD officer to fill out a VIN verification on it. But he did say that is all I need to complete that one. So I'll get the same Sheriff that filled one out on the Duster to do this one.

Well not all was successful. I did try to get that one done as well but, I have to get a local Fl. PD officer to fill out a VIN verification on it. But he did say that is all I need to complete that one. So I'll get the same Sheriff that filled one out on the Duster to do this one.
Its just a hassel but it is not hard. I have 2 ars that need Tx bonded titles so I have to load them up, haul them to the highway patrol guy, THE one that does it about 4 hrs worth of hauling and BS. But then just fill out an idiot form and pay for the bond. If I was back in MO. nothing to it at all! Every state is different!

Outstanding, Roy
The best advise I ever got was from an Army Col who told me to never give up

-
Back