Flex Hone ahoy...

-
Even though we are getting off topic here I would like to report that I installed the 3-Way chain for 4 degrees advance and not having degreed the cam in the first place; CrustyFatRod :) was correct. It made a world of difference in the low end performance.

Crusty is right a lot. A bit crusty, but at his advanced age it's to be expected.

Crusty and others said u must degree it. I said advance it.

Actually he said both.

"If you only stabbed it in "dot to dot" I "just bet" you could see some fantastic results if you put a degree wheel on it and advanced it some. Especially if it is retarded dot to dot. You could make a significant difference in bottom end torque."

the O.P. saw fantastic results without "putting a degree wheel on it AND advance it". he just advanced it:lol:

does the top ring get into that giant grind relief? and did u degree the cam this time , or just use the advance keyway?
The notch is in the hole @ 0.125, the top ring is in the hole at 0.250 ish. So no... and all I did was used the advance keyway. Whatever the cam was is now 4 degrees advanced and I can not understate the performance I get in the low to mid range. Cam card says 110 Centerline. Whatever it ended up to be "dot to dot", it is 4 degrees more advanced....

-
Back