flexplate install

-
level take a pretty good portion of the chain so determine your max lift with the leveler installed. I did this and ended up short on lift and I couldnt get it over the rad support. I ended up taking the pan off! But its pretty easy to do it with both mated, its just a long piece. I found it was easier to install with the motor mount brackets off. Lower into position and then install the mounts and brackets.

If using the same converter only remover the weights on the foward surface. These are for external balance. Do not remove the weights on the side ,In front of the ring gear these are for nuetral balancing the converter.

Yes my part number on my plate matches this on from jegs. I would never cutoff the blocks with the mounting holes just so you know lol. So if all is right i should knock the converter weight off because it was not used in the balance process and will cause a problem.
Yes, take it off..... that is what your machinist wanted you to do. Now you can use ANY neutral balance torque converter for this trans.....Just one more question.... you DO have a 727 trans, right? That PN is for the 727; there is a different B&M PN like this for the 904 (B&M PN is 10239).

If using the same converter only remover the weights on the foward surface. These are for external balance. Do not remove the weights on the side ,In front of the ring gear these are for nuetral balancing the converter.

Thanks this is the answer ive been looking for. Yes it is a 727

oh, one more thing, get the rear end of the car up on jackstands before you start
then, once you get the engine in over the radiator support, put the front end up on jackstands
this will allow the tail shaft of the transmission to dive down where it would otherwise hit the pavement
(you can try to put the front of the car up on jackstands first, but the you risk running out of reach on the cherry picker and not clearing the radiator support)

-
Back