Floor Carpet Heel Pad Crooked

-

darc1722

Reaction score
I just purchased a new two piece interior carpet from legendary and noticed the rubber heel insert that is located under the pedals is not square to the seam. I measured from the edge and there's almost a 2 inch difference, 18" on one side and 16 1/4" on the other. The seam goes straight across the middle of the floor so that would mean the heel pad will be crooked, or does this have something to do with the hump? This is my first carpet install so I'm looking for some help. Thanks (the car has an automatic trans)

Attachments

• rsz_1rsz_dsc05526.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 162
Does the part your measuring go under the seat or up the fire wall? If that is the under seat part then the back carpet will overlap that part and it won't matter.

I would just lay it down and check it out. I doubt that it's wrong. You've got to understand that the floor hump #1 gets gradually bigger and that's what skews that measurement, and #2 that seam that you're measuring will be under the front seat. There's also some pre-molded areas near the door sills that will help guide you on where the carpet's supposed to be located. I believe it's recommended to spray some water mist on it after it's installed to get it to shrink down (at least they used to recommend that, IIRC...)

I'm measuring from the seam the goes under the seat, so if the seam was straight the foot pad would be crooked? Just want to make sure before i start the install, thanks for the reply.

Once you install it it will look straight. Laying the carpet in the sun just before installing it will help get the creases out.
Good luck

I always start by positioning the heel pad and work away from it.
If the seam beneath the seat should be crooked, no one would notice unless you point it out.

-
Back