Floor removal at junk yard

-

wildbillpk

Reaction score
Hey I found a 71 Dart at the local junk yard and was wondering what the easiest way to remove the floor is without having access to air tools or anything? Also 71 should be the same floor pans as 67 correct? Thank you

Cordless Drill with a good set of bits and extra fully charged battery and also a cordless sawzall with extra blades and fully charged batteries. Not sure if the years are the same.

this would be a booger! I think i would cut the unibody from the frame rails front and rear with a sawzall and take the whole floor assembly as a whole. worry about drilling all the spotwelds out at home.

this would be a booger! I think i would cut the unibody from the frame rails front and rear with a sawzall and take the whole floor assembly as a whole. worry about drilling all the spotwelds out at home.

that's how I would do it. Screw doing all those spot wells in the wrecking yard.

BE VERY CAREFULL =;

I cut a whole floor out once, and ,thank god for the driveshaft, the car could have folded in half.

Watch how you jack it up, as once the doors are open, and the floor is cut, you have NOTHING FOR SUPPORT

good luck, you can do this =D>

with it being at a junk yard I would do what ever is needed its a ***** taking the floor out of a car really bites when its the whole floor and yes Im sure there might be a few changes in the floor from 67-71 but they will fit

-
Back