Flowmaster carburetors

-

Rovot

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
My carb is leaking, so I'm taking a look at it and can't find information on what's currently installed.
What can you tell me about this Flowmaster carb?

IMG_0575.JPEG

Looks like a old Holley. Are their numbers on the choke horn if it has one? Any overall pictures so we can see what it looks like?

Looks like a old Holley. Are their numbers on the choke horn if it has one? Any overall pictures so we can see what it looks like?
I still have some sunlight; I'll take a few more pics

4777 is a Holley 650 Double Pumper. It is part of the 4150 series carburetors produced by Holley

Try calling (412)257-9313.

They might be able to help.

j/k

The top number here is the engineering list number, which is waht you might call a model number, but in this case its better not to.
img_0580-jpeg.jpg

The list number identifies the specifics.
In Holley speak, the model is 4150, which as 318Willrun indicated is what could be considered a series of carburators with similar design.

There's a couple of places a Holley can leak externally.
1. Metering block seal to main body or the fuel bowls.
2. Fuel bowl screws (each has a small flat gasket)
3. Accelerator pump, with this carb there are two.

Flowmaster seems to have been a small business involved in rebuilding or modifying carbs.
Just guessing on the latter due to the fact the choke has been removed. A previous owner could have done that as well.

For the leak, see if you can observe where the leak is from. If the screws are noticibly loose, you could gently tighten them. Don't crank down on them - the threads go into thecasting and are pretty easy to strip.
Otherwise its time to remove the bowls and blocks, give a cleaning, and replace the bowl gaskets at a minimum.

In the How To section of FABO there is a Rustyratrod step by step clean and reassemble of 4150 or 4160.
A good basic book explaining the Holley 4150/60 carbs is the small one by Mike Urich. That will help you understand what the different parts do.

Looks like some of the air bleeds are clogged. Other than that pearl, I’m out.

It's a Holley 650 double pumper rebuilt by someone who calls their business Flowmaster.

In the How To section of FABO there is a Rustyratrod step by step clean and reassemble of 4150 or 4160.
A good basic book explaining the Holley 4150/60 carbs is the small one by Mike Urich. That will help you understand what the different parts do.

Super grateful for all the information. Time to get reading

They are interesting looking float bowl screws. Same as the ones I have on my list 4777-2. I would have to assume that its the first iteration since there is no dash no for revision. It should be a good carb.

-
Back