Flowmaster

-
If loud and obnoxious is what you crave, use the Summit turbos. I spent an hour trying to figure out what was rattling on my car after I put them on, turns out it was my garage door.

Trust me kid, you may think you want loud and obnoxious now, but when you actually have to drive the car for longer than 15 minutes you'll grow to hate the drone that flowmasters produce. About three years ago when I had my exhaust put on the car (was 17 at the time) I said the same thing. ANYTHING TO MAKE THE CAR QUIETER IS TO BE AVOIDED AT ALL COSTS!!! Now I wish to God that I had at least asked for an H pipe. Now since the car is going to be driven for nearly 24 hours straight in a few weeks, I'm looking for something to make it quieter at freeway speeds.

Run Walker Dynomax Super Turbos. They idle pretty loud and when you stomp the skinny pedal they get really loud. A plus is not much drone at all. My dad runs these on his 68 440 Charger 2.5 inches all the way out the back. Manifolds an H pipe right in front of the bucket seats and finished with polished stainless tips. My Dart will soon be running them as well.

Those are some of the quietest mufflers I've ever heard, for "performance" mufflers anyway. Not so great for performance either. The only thing that beats the sound of 2 chamber Flowmasters is the Thrush welded. Same thing for half price. If you want the most power and a good sound, Magnaflow is the way to go.

I could run some quite mufflers with ele cutouts at the header that would be loud

Be careful on what brand you chose on elc cutouts. Don't use Quicktimes they're junk! Contact moparman a member here (if you go with e cutouts). He has the good quality ones.

-
Back