Flowtech Headers

-

blackace

The KING of flats
Reaction score
Anyone here using them? If so, how do they fit? I know they are not like TTI's but any one have any issues with them?

I found a really good deal on set of brand new ceramic coated Flowtech headers for $200. Was wondering if I should get them or not.

can i ask where you found them or is it a one time deal that sounds like a great deal if there are more of them and if no one on here says they suck or something to that effect thanks Justin

They're no better/worse than your standard cheapo Blackjacks, Hedmans, etc... You'll have to beat on them to make 'em fit in a A-body.

Have em on my dart. Right one went on easy, Left one was a PAIN :angry5:
Wound up having to lift the motor to get it in. Hung down so low on the left smashed it on the ground first dip I came to in the road. Part of this problem was due to the guy that lined my front end up had practicly no pressure on the torsion bars. Screwed the torsion bars up to cure that problem. But the damage was already done. Can get the starter in and out ok. They do hit the steering in a few places nothing real bad just irritating to listen to. I bought em new if I could do it again think I would have spent the extra money and looked harder at the TTI's

Well right now I don't have the money to spend $700+ on a set of headers and found these pretty cheap, well atleast cheap for a set of ceramic coated ones.

I don't have my motor in so I shouldn't be a problem installing.

Ya know what you mean about the money thing. The flowtech's are ok takes a little to get em in but they look good and sound good too.

Use good attaching hardware (Stage 8/Breslin locking fasteners) and gaskets. Also, if you can spend a little more coin, get an X-style crossover when you are getting an exhaust put in. You won't regret it.

I've got a new set of the chrome ceramic one that are going on my car also, I am planning on putting the engine/k-frame under the car with all assembled so hopefully it should be easier. They look really nice.

When I checked the footnotes, it says they will not fit P/S ? Has anyone tried these with P/S?

Sorry for the late reply been busy with Christmas shopping.

Here is the link for the ceramic coated Flowtech Headers.

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/...0101&sku=mZ277867&searchbtn.x=0&searchbtn.y=0

Use coupon code BAWBMX7 for 20% off (coupon expires on 12/31) and the total is $202.57 shipped to your door.

I ordered a set. So we'll see how they are when I get them.

I saw a set on a 68 Cuda 340 several years ago that looked really nice and fit well on that car. At first I thought they were a more expensive brand header and the owner was very happy with them. That's a good price and I think you can't go wrong. Now you got me thinking about buying a set to replace my old coated Hedmans.:-\"

I got my headers yesterday. Man they look sweet!! As soon as my digital camera gets here I'll take some pics.

My only concern is that I hope they fit! LOL!!!

Here are some pics. Right now they are just sitting on the motor and not bolted on. I take another pic tomorrow that are a little better.

MotorH1.jpg

MotorH2.jpg

LOL good eye!!

It is, its not bolted on it just sitting on there. LOL!!!

Yea I just threw it on and didn't pay attention. OOPS!!! LOL!!

HaHa....Got ya !!!!!!!

I know how it is to have a motor on a stand finger tight.Here is a pic of mine.Still have to take it apart to install the cam and valve train.LOL

Picture 593.jpg

-
Back