Fold down trunk divider????

-

Dfnsmn34

Margarita Mike
Reaction score
Aloha!!
I have a 1966 Barracuda. I saw on ebay some rubber trunk dividers
Here is how they were described.

1964 1965 1966 Plymouth Barracuda Cuda Trunk Divider Rubber Bumpers Mopar These mount to the wooden trunk divider panel and keep it from folding down too far. Nice Used Condition. Removed from a 1965 model. Rubber bumpers are in good shape. Includes both mounting screws

I picked them up...now I don't know where they mount? There are no prior/factory holes in the divider to use as a guide. Anyone got pictures of where they should mount?

Here is a picture of them.
Aloha Mike

Trunk rubbers.jpg

I don't remember my Duster having them, though when I had it, it was allready 10 - 11 years old. Maybe there aftermarket/home engineneered?

maybe...but I could swear I saw a mopar part number on it...gotta double check...would be on the barracuda..not a duster. I did try seeing if they would provide any advantage by just putting them on the trunk floor. Looked/Seems like something mopar would have done.

thanks rumble!

Aloha

They screw to the upper corners of the plywood divider, so as when lain down they support/space the divider off the trunk floor.

Savvy??

No photo's but that is where mine were located.

I've never seen one on a '66 and I've had at least 20 of them through the years. None of my 10 current ones (including one of the first made) have the bumpers. I remember seeing them on the '64-5's though.
Thanks, Mark

send the pic's to FSTFISH66 if they go on a 66 cuda he'll know where

I agree my 65`s have them but not the 66. Another neat thing I noticed is the 65 board is longer on the right and the 66 is not.

Mahalo FABO members....guess I am putting them on the shelf...not on the 66.

Aloha Mike

as stated they bolt to the corners to support the door when its open,, never seen them on any of my 66,s but they were on my 64..you got um use um,,,

Thanks all...to help me make it right...well as close as possible...can I get a picture...or a measurement....like da man said...I got them...lets use dem!

ALOHA!

-
Back