Fond of A Bodies even though I own a B Body

-
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've always been a big fan of the 1970-72 Plymouth Duster (I like Dodge Demons and Darts too) even though I happen to own a 1969 Plymouth Satellite with a little 318. When searching for info, I more often than not end up on the "for A Bodies only" forum, so I hope you guys are going to accept a B Body owner :) .

Have a nice day!

Welcome to the group! Post some pics when you can. We like all things Mopar.

Thank you for the welcome, I will happy to post some pictures very soon. I also love all things Mopar, my first one was a 1973 Dodge Charger coupe with, again, a little 318 later replaced with a 360.

My current stable is one A-body. One B-body and one E-body. For those looking to enter the Mopar classic car arena for first time? Hands down I recommend A-body. Even though the word is out. And their prices are also rising. They are still best bang for your dollar.

Just my 2 cents.

Corys Mopars.jpg

My current stable is one A-body. One B-body and one E-body. For those looking to enter the Mopar classic car arena for first time? Hands down I recommend A-body. Even though the word is out. And their prices are also rising. They are still best bang for your dollar.

Just my 2 cents.
I agree. I wish I had a bigger garage though...

It wouldn't be complete without a couple of pictures showing the little motor and the interior. The seats were replaced by some previous owner a long time ago and they could actually very well be originally from a post 1969 A Body, they're definitely not 1969 but I like them:

IMG_1788.JPG

IMG_1784.JPG

IMG_1785.JPG

Purdy. Omaha Orange?

For me? The 318 setup makes your car a very good candidate for a Gen III hemi transplant?

So may options. So little time.

JMO
"Omaha Orange", you're right! I was convinced it was "Vitamin C Orange" but that must be it. Its original color was F5 green though.

Welcome!! Really nice car!!! I have always loved the B bodies and have had many but I am priced out of those models now days!!!! Thats whyI have an AMC and two Fords (1 A body) ... and I have not been banned here.....yet!!!! :BangHead: :poke: :thumbsup: :rofl:

Welcome!! Really nice car!!! I have always loved the B bodies and have had many but I am priced out of those models now days!!!! Thats whyI have an AMC and two Fords (1 A body) ... and I have not been banned here.....yet!!!! :BangHead: :poke: :thumbsup: :rofl:
I guess I got lucky to find mine at a decent price thanks to a coworker some 5 years ago. It was totally unexpected and I too thought I was priced out of the 68-70 B Bodies, I was more considering A Bodies or some unloved 3rd generation Charger. I can appreciate other underdogs such as early Gremlins or Matador coupes, as for Fords, Torinos and Fairlanes do it for me, even an LTD among others.

Just my 2 cents.

View attachment 1716225746
A little late reply but, wow, you got a nice stable indeed! So many ponies, so little time lol.

I thought you might enjoy some pictures of my regretted daily driver: a 1973 Dodge Charger in the desert near Pyramid Lake, back when I lived in Nevada:
73-dodge-charger_2875914365_o.jpg

73-dodge-charger_2875916299_o.jpg

73-dodge-charger_2876745606_o.jpg

73-dodge-charger_2940561739_o.jpg

73-dodge-charger_2940562171_o.jpg

73-dodge-charger_2940561177_o.jpg

73-dodge-charger_2941415296_o.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back