-

bignasty123

Reaction score
ok this is my first time doen the track any predictions this is my set up

12 point cage
gutted just two alm. race seats
26x10.5 slicks 3.91 gears
408 with edelbrock heads
hughes biggest hydrilic cam(canbt remember lift)
10.5 to 1 comp
race gas 904 with 4000 stall

have slips and videos up after tommarrow

nate

Should run low 11's at least would be my guess. Get it to hook.

What rear suspension are you running?

Heres a comparison for ya'..my '70 duster with a 416 stroker Edelbrock heads,.533/.552 cam,10.9to 1 comp.904 with 3800 stall.3.91's on drag radials with full interior including 6-point bar,through a complete exhaust,on pump gas..11.02@120 1.48 60'...good luck,let us know..

ss leaf springs and snubber against the body...and

it pulled the fron left tire off the ground on the street i tested to make sure it would hook and my dad always told me to test on the street so u dont look like a dumbazz at the track..lol

i will be happy with 11.99.. all i want is to get into the elevens then im going to buy a barracuda and make a procharged stroker smallblock and call it a day..lol

i run race gas because of the smell and it is just plain better bro so lay off and get a life and try and be positive

11.67 118 Mph, Just My 2 Cents....

try and be positive
See my last sentence.:thebirdm:

i run race gas because of the smell and it is just plain better
I know some Honda punks like that.:tool:

bro so lay off and get a life
Just trying to help. Obviously you know more than me, I didn't realize race gas was "just plain better". Good luck.

i run race gas because of the smell and it is just plain better bro so lay off and get a life and try and be positive

Ohhhhhhh, I think I smell a mod slap forthcoming. Or is that just that premium 116 race gas???? Both are so appealing under the right circumstances.

At 10.5 to 1 compression your motor Should'nt need race gas..i mix 110 with 93,but only because i like the smell also..but the car runs the same numbers on straight 93 or mixed with 110,got time slips to prove it...

At 10.5 to 1 compression your motor Should'nt need race gas..i mix 110 with 93,but only because i like the smell also..but the car runs the same numbers on straight 93 or mixed with 110,got time slips to prove it...
Not only that, but aluminum displaces heat better than iron so there is less chance of detenation. But everyone knows that already.8)

and i do know that it is the same as pump but i have ran race gas in my car since i first fired it up just dont like change thats all. today we had high wind on ly got and 1/8 mile pass....mid sevens i was o pist so i only ran once tommarrow woinds will be down and they will bump it back to quarter mile...it was really gay...and ihad to pay for the whole event witch was over 200 dollars and only 1/8 mile i wanted my money back..hell no...so ill be there tommarrow and post..

and i do know that it is the same as pump but i have ran race gas in my car since i first fired it up just dont like change thats all. today we had high wind on ly got and 1/8 mile pass....mid sevens i was o pist so i only ran once tommarrow woinds will be down and they will bump it back to quarter mile...it was really gay...and ihad to pay for the whole event witch was over 200 dollars and only 1/8 mile i wanted my money back..hell no...so ill be there tommarrow and post..

wind? Thats gay alright. we just raced into 35 mph wind in kC. KCIR raceway ...

im going with 11.49 et as a guess .

man ......you car looks like mine..........:pirate:

(I WITH YA) i love the smell of good fuel . it is your ride do what you what with it .

my truck smells the same with 87 octane from handy mart as it does with 116 from the track.Everybody asks if im running racing gas in the ol thing,i say yea,the cheap stuff,lol

captain chaos i just read the thread on fuels and it make sense very good article.

I used to road race motorcycles that had fuel checks on occasion. Most of the guys filled the low compression bikes with 110, I put 87-91 out of the pump in mine. Went to a race and the oxygenated fuel was in the pump and I almost got DQ'd for failing the fuel test. They pulled a sample from the rental car and it tested bad as well. No DQ. Once I realized that the fuel check would fail on pump gas, we put a nitromethane mix in the pump fuel. Bike ran pretty good then! :-D

I saved a bunch of money and it ran better than the race gas guys. Never told them my fuel source.

captain chaos i just read the thread on fuels and it make sense very good article.
I'm no expert but though the article made good sense. I got into an argument with some people on an Audi forum about octane and turbocharging. It was hilarious. Finally some Audi God they looked up to told them I was right and to deal with it. It was funny because I drove an SRT-4 Neon and it killed them to have some "ricer" tell them how to tune their cars. lol

PS, my 67 Valiant is almost the same color as your 68 avatar.:cheers:

I used to road race motorcycles that had fuel checks on occasion. Most of the guys filled the low compression bikes with 110, I put 87-91 out of the pump in mine. Went to a race and the oxygenated fuel was in the pump and I almost got DQ'd for failing the fuel test. They pulled a sample from the rental car and it tested bad as well. No DQ. Once I realized that the fuel check would fail on pump gas, we put a nitromethane mix in the pump fuel. Bike ran pretty good then! :-D

I saved a bunch of money and it ran better than the race gas guys. Never told them my fuel source.
The funny thing is most sport bikes with regular pump gas because of their compression, I guess smell like they have a higher octane fuel than they actually use. I love going to Bike Week and smelling the bike exhaust cruising past.:toothy10:

My turbo Dodge Shadow is possibly going to become my NHRA stocker. Someone told me to drive it down to the track, swap the fuel filter, fill it up with race gas, pass fuel check, race, then drive home. Thats just too risky to me, I might break a c.v. axle and not have a spare or trailer, lol.

captain it is in the process of going all black with black painted steelies to boot stroked 408 w2 motor i`l post some pictures soon.

Wow, a guy tries to point you in the right direction and you slap him. 10.5 compression with aluminum heads doesn't need race gas, and may slow the car down if it doesn't burn it correctly. Your car, do what you want, but you should be able to take advice. Mid 7's in the 1/8 will get you mid 11's in the 1/4, you can multiply your 1/8 mile ET by 1.57 to get your 1/4 mile ET.

Who ever runs a higher octane then what's required for there engine is only slowing themselves down and creating more heat in the combustion chamber from the slow burning fuel.

Very Stupid.

Oh and BTW, in case you were wondering, putting aviation fuel in your car does not make it fly either.

-
Back