Foolin around w/a dualquad 360

-

rumblefish360

I have escaped the EVIL Empire State!
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
So, like I mentioned sometime before, I have a Edelbrock dualquad intake that needed a bit of work to fit onto a 360 since it is for a 273. Well, I made the mods to the bolt bosses and attached it, set it up and checked for hood clearance.
(Boring ol'Sunday, kind of chilly out. About mid 30's. Gotta love a garage this time of year. The wind would have killed blowin around 10-15 today.)

Attachments

• 100_1675.jpg
    118.3 KB · Views: 413
  • 100_1676.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 396
  • 100_1692.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 376
  • 100_1689.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 389
Ha ha ha ha. The engine was a bit snappier with them on top. Not that I had tuned the 750 that was on top the RPM, but the smaller primaries do induce more velocity. I'm trying to upload a video to you tube....and it's ethier slow or something. Takin awhile now. ZzzZZzzzzzz

Ha ha ha ha. The engine was a bit snappier with them on top. Not that I had tuned the 750 that was on top the RPM, but the smaller primaries do induce more velocity. I'm trying to upload a video to you tube....and it's ethier slow or something. Takin awhile now. ZzzZZzzzzzz

put a link up as soon as you get it up, I want to see her in action! Do you run electronic ignition?

what about the coil, is that an Accel 8145?

MP Gold box, MP distributor, an old set of MP wires (Taylor) Champ plugs.

Accel Super Stock.

I'm trying to upload it directly to You Tube now. I'm still waiting.....ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz

And it's there! Ha ha ha ha

http://www.youtube.com/user/rumblefish360?feature=mhum

That is my ol'high school buddy Mike. He grabbed the helm whilest I ran for the camera. He actually did most of todays screwing around. He's very good owning a resto shop for many years and being head man on a circle track team.

We just ruffed it in, set timing to 20 intial and just sat around smilin.

Any road test's yet Rumble ?

I recentely went on a tour of the Offenhauser factory. What a dream.
They have a dual quad cross ram 318 intake,that i'm thinking of picking up.

Edit: Just saw the vid. Seems pretty responsive.

What CFM carbs are you running ?

No. I have to get under the dash and rewire the main harrness. It split open and destroyed the wires ((rain) so, the entire car is dead as a rock. The ignition system you see there is right outta the "How to wire up a hot rod" from the engines book from MoPar. It was the easiest way to fire up the new engine.

I could also reallly realllly use a windsheild and 4 tires.

Offenhauser is still in biz?!?!?! LMAO. Ya coulda fooled me on that one. I'd love to see what the heck the have. I like to run crazy lookin stuff just to run it if for no better reason than just running it. After all, when was the last time you seen a dualquad small block MoPar? Or one NOT running a tunnel ram. (Though that is rare enuff.)

SB cross ram? Sure, slide it over. Where are they located? Do they make catologs? Is some old coot in charge trying to kill the biz?

Tate, I got this one from a member (Who supposed to be moving back to L.I.N.Y.! Where are ys?!?!?!) at a good price. Ready to rock and roll condition for $200. Normally, people want more. The Weiand is a spliut single plane plenum and would be better with this particular combo IMO. Since the solid cam is a 248* @ 050.

Offenhauser is still in biz?!?!?! LMAO. Ya coulda fooled me on that one. I'd love to see what the heck the have. I like to run crazy lookin stuff just to run it if for no better reason than just running it. After all, when was the last time you seen a dualquad small block MoPar? Or one NOT running a tunnel ram. (Though that is rare enuff.)

SB cross ram? Sure, slide it over. Where are they located? Do they make catologs? Is some old coot in charge trying to kill the biz?

Offy....Still alive. Wish I knew how to upload pics from my new phone.
You would not believe the eye candy shots I took.
Intakes from every engine imaginable. Everthing from slant six's to Hemi's.

FYI: Recenly installed duel Quads on my '69 383 Barracuda. Offy was the only one to have a to have a dualy 4bbl intake. Looks good,and really woke it up.

it about time you put that damn thing on there.looks good.i hope it runs as good as it looks.im sure with a little tuning it will.

He he he, yea, slow goin. Full plate with family thinking it's half empty......UGH! >>> LOL, can ya bring your truck over, I need your truck for....... Ya got time??? Family member needs a ride to..... so & so broke down, can ya fix it? So & so needs something done somewhere, your handy, ya got a few days to...... LMAO!

I still need to port the runners as there still stock 273/318 windowed. Once the idle and timing was set up, it ran really smooth and was quite snappy at the throttle. It's a bit off balnce being the cam is big-ish for the intakes RPM range, but, you kow what? I've seen stranger things work (Combo wise) and do well.

It's a shame the aftermarket doesn't do more in this feild. The B series engine gets ignored alot. Edelbrock has in the passed cast a 6pak for the B engine. The only dualquad intake I really see for a B engine is the Offenhausercarguy has and the tunnel rams from MoPar. And they operate at a preety high RPM.

Hey, carguy. That intake is a split single plane intake?

Johnny , Where is the Offy. factory? A tour sounds awesome.

hey get on the phone to offenhauser imediatly and tell them to tool up and start producing crossrams for smallblock mopars, i bet they would sell,lots of people looking for the ancient edelbrock crossrams so i cant see offenhauser failing on this one!

back on thread! cool,there is nothing in this world cooler than twin carbs,not even blowers are that cool

It is. I beileve it is due to the smaller primary of the carb. There a pair of 600's. More than enuff if not to much when you add it up in total. It's only a 360 cid engine.

The progressive linkage starts with the rear carb as the main. The butterflies open up about a 1/3rd of the way and then the (front) secondary carb opens up. Being that the linkage is set up the way it is, the secondary carb opens faster and ends at wide open the same time the main (rear) carb does.

In messing with it some, the secondary air door opens up way up the RPM scale. I didn't have the tach hooked up to see where it starts to open, but it was starting to rev high. This engine really only has about a 6500 rpm limit. I'd imagine power falls off before that. Even after I port the intake.

It is. I beileve it is due to the smaller primary of the carb. There a pair of 600's. More than enuff if not to much when you add it up in total. It's only a 360 cid engine.

The progressive linkage starts with the rear carb as the main. The butterflies open up about a 1/3rd of the way and then the (front) secondary carb opens up. Being that the linkage is set up the way it is, the secondary carb opens faster and ends at wide open the same time the main (rear) carb does.

In messing with it some, the secondary air door opens up way up the RPM scale. I didn't have the tach hooked up to see where it starts to open, but it was starting to rev high. This engine really only has about a 6500 rpm limit. I'd imagine power falls off before that. Even after I port the intake.

Rumble,I will get you there contact info as soon as I can. Getting beat up at work,leaving when its dark,and getting home when its dark. :angry7:

Thanks for the info on the carbs. Was thinking you had a couple
500's,anxious to see how the car runs with this set-up.
JD

hey get on the phone to offenhauser imediatly and tell them to tool up and start producing crossrams for smallblock mopars, i bet they would sell,lots of people looking for the ancient edelbrock crossrams so i cant see offenhauser failing on this one!

back on thread! cool,there is nothing in this world cooler than twin carbs,not even blowers are that cool

Talked to Vic Edelbrock a few years back at Limerock race park and the chance of them building the crossram again for the SB Mopar is 0%.I love mine and had it out this past saturday when it was cold out- dual quads+cold air and 110 racing fuel= a helluva lot a fun.
Nice set up by the way

Attachments

• 000_2053.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 283
  • 000_2054.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 288
Moparclown, that is one sweeeeeet looking intake.....

Oh WoooooWW! That is soooo flippin NICE!

Done in Black wrinkle paint like the valve covers?

Rumble,I will get you there contact info as soon as I can. Getting beat up at work,leaving when its dark,and getting home when its dark. :angry7:

Thanks for the info on the carbs. Was thinking you had a couple
500's,anxious to see how the car runs with this set-up.
JD

I'd prefur a pair of 500's. It was suggested to me to run the carbs in parrel operation. (AKA togther at the same time in there opening of the butterflies) I opted to do it as a progessive, primary carb/secondary carb, since there 600 cfms and it woiuld lend itself to a more streetable/part throttle operation at low speeds.

The car is a 360 4spd w/4.10 gears in a E-body Cuda w/stock-ish tire size (AKA, small tire)

Take your time on the info. I work nights and Mr. Mom inbetween waking hours. (In which I should be in bed now,,,,but theres that damn FABO addiction again getting in the way of things..... :angry7: Ha ha ha ha ha)

Glad to see you got it going Rumblefish! Looks great!

I sold mine to Fishy68 for a while, and regretted it. Then I noticed he listed it for sale, and I was thrilled to get it back.

I had it on that 340 stroker motor, but am kind of looking forward to putting it on the hydraulic roller 318, with the 302 heads. I found a 450 lift comp cam hydraulic roller that is going into it as well.

I had matched the 340 ports pretty good, but the runners are still 273.

Attachments

• my340.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 244
Thanks Ed. I'd like to see a bit closer to what you did on the front carb's linkage.

I also noticed you have the OE throttle cable hooked up. On my E-body, it's to tight to bend into place. I'm going to get a peice of plate steel and cut up my own bracket. My buddy Mike (in video) came up with the idea for it, to mount it in the middle and use a rod to push backwards on the rear carb rather than a cable pulling it. A pair of sphyical (sp!) rod ends, like what the Edelbrock linkage has....or something the like,,,what ever works, ya know...

I get some metal and work on it staticly on a bench later. No rush, it's cold outside...

Thanks Ed. I'd like to see a bit closer to what you did on the front carb's linkage.

I also noticed you have the OE throttle cable hooked up. On my E-body, it's to tight to bend into place. I'm going to get a peice of plate steel and cut up my own bracket. My buddy Mike (in video) came up with the idea for it, to mount it in the middle and use a rod to push backwards on the rear carb rather than a cable pulling it. A pair of sphyical (sp!) rod ends, like what the Edelbrock linkage has....or something the like,,,what ever works, ya know...

I get some metal and work on it staticly on a bench later. No rush, it's cold outside...

rumblefish360, I tried to pattern my setup off of the factory 426 Hemi setup I had, prior to this car.

Running off the back carb, with the Hemi throttle cable (short!), and one of those throttle brackets that Jegs sells, that goes under the carb, and you use two gaskets. I still had to modify it some, and used a stock hold down on it.
I also have the Lokar kickdown cable, and this intake has a perfect mounting pedestal built into it, much better than using the one that comes with the lokar set up.

I took all the choke parts off of the front carb. It is just there once the rear carb tells it is time to quit slacking. Like yours, this thing was incredibly responsive.

I gotta go double check your link again. :read2:

I have/had actually a square flanged throttle cable holder. 2 gaskets required as it bolts under the carb. I cut it up to be mounted on the rear mounting stud of the carb, single 4bbl. operation only. The cable holding arm swings out backwards towards the firewall a bit to much with the 2X4 set up.

I didn't have any trouble with the Lokar set up. (On my Duster, now sold)

Oh yea, front carb choke parts tossed aside...for sure. I have one more mod on the front crb to do. Pictures later...

I have/had actually a square flanged throttle cable holder. 2 gaskets required as it bolts under the carb. I cut it up to be mounted on the rear mounting stud of the carb, single 4bbl. operation only. The cable holding arm swings out backwards towards the firewall a bit to much with the 2X4 set up.

I didn't have any trouble with the Lokar set up. (On my Duster, now sold)

Oh yea, front carb choke parts tossed aside...for sure. I have one more mod on the front crb to do. Pictures later...

I look forward to seeing that.

I will try and remember to take a picture of the one I hacked up, it worked great. I think the trick is finding a Hemi throttle cable though, as they are intended for the duals. I tried to make the four barrel one work, and couldn't seem to get it right.

-
Back