For A Bodies User Name

-
When I first bought my car,everyone said"Oh that Petty blue Dart"hence pettybludart,so I thought it would be fitting for a licence plate also.

OCT 08 006.jpg

March 2007 094.jpg

Frustration was behind my handle. Needed to join some site or other in order to gain access to some info I wanted and finally got sick of having to use MrNiceGuy7462974 or something like that. Hit random keys and came up with gryzynx. To this day, I have not found duplication on any site.

cosgig is a combination of 2 different groups of initials...C.O.S. are the initials of my band, Company of Strangers, and G.I.G could either be because that was the tag on my band website to book gig's or... when my daughter Nella was born we named her Genelle Irene Galliher. Nothing Mopar, sorry. Geof

My wife can remember everything but I'm getting old so I needed something I could remember. My first name is Joshua my wifes name is Bobette we have a 1971 Demon= J&Bs71Demon.

Hi. I was trying to come up with something for a personalized license plate related to cuda or fish. Everthing I thought of I ran past my wife and two sons and nothing pleased them. Then I remembered that B&M made a shifter years ago called quick silver and since my car is silver I just shortened it. When I told my sons the new name one of them said, thats really good but now you have to make it quick! Bobby

Thanks Hon!
Pretty cool thread, interesting and informative!!!!:cheers:
It's really neat getting a little slice of insight to each member!!!8)

I want to read all 10,000 + members name posts!!!:read2:

I've had my 65 GT convertible since '84. When I met my future wife in 86, she said I was a Dartman. So since I had nothing but the 65GT and wagon when I joined . . . . The 65 Barracuda and Valiant convert came later to keep the 2 Darts company.

My very first car was a 340 Duster in 1970 that I owned for 7 years. In 2003 I got back into playing with A-body cars and purchased a 68 Dart. I enjoyed it so much that in a short amount of time I acquired another 6 A-bodies. That's when I concluded that buying them must be an illness of some sort.

Have a 68 Dart that was kind of a turd. So I called it my 68 rat rod. Now it is getting close to finished and not looking so bad. I guess I will have to come up with a different user name. lol.

My hoopie buddy (WVa panhandle guy), always called my 66 Formula S, red with white stripes, the red skunk.

im one of those guys that says mopar are nocar. and i wont drive brand x or any jap junk. so my name is how i realy feel and thank. mopar is best ! chevy and ford guys really do hate me lol im really known as mopar joe to all my friends

well in the late 90's 97 ish my dad and uncle was heavy into a bodies and have been since b4 i was born and still are so one of my dads friends call them the Dart Doctor's and as a joke had card made up with there phone number on then im talking bout 500 for them lol well as u know then u could still get a n abody running for like 600 bucks so they would put the card on the windshield of any thing that they liked u know lol they got barracudas val darts dusters and all them but now there getting older and have thinned them out to 3 or so that there working on and I asked them are U still using the name when I started driving they said yes but U are one to so there are 3 dart doctors im the only one in my family that's into them my cousins like to party to much my uncles still got the 66 dart 4 door my grandpa got new in 66 but sadly gpas not with us any more we did lose a dart doctor but that was a long time ago well that's the story btw im the only one that gets on the computer lol

Anna, GREAT THREAD IDEA!

Mine is my first name.

Hemitheus Angelo Gherardini.

Not to threadjack but Cosgig... this COS? [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8cWHgRMtV8"]YouTube - ‪Company Of Strangers - Sweet Love‬‏[/ame]

I needed a name that I could remember. I like metal but Thrashard was taken. So I added the 340. It's my handle on virtually every forum I join.

I thought this thread would be kind of lame, but now I'm glad I checked it out. Love the stories behind the "handles".

Mine? Currently own two of them. V

Attachments

• 2Darts.JPG
    88.9 KB · Views: 121
I was originally slycer2002, but that's something I've been using for pretty much anything I'm on. I wanted something that would reflect my Fish. Its a 65, and there's a song by Paul Davis from the 80s called "65 Love Affair." I heard it on one of the rare occasions my wife and I get to go out for awhile and it just seemed fitting. So I switched from slycer2002 to 65LoveAffair.

Actually, I think it's this COS... Watch the video. They're good!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pcKBNZuG_O8&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - ‪Company of Strangers - Smoky Mountain Memories‬‏[/ame]

Company of Strangers perform one of their original songs at the Michigan Bluegrass Music Association Paro School event on 2/23/2008. Company of Strangers is: Doug Thomson - guitar, harmonica, vocals Jarod Thompson - mandolin, guitar, banjo, vocals Larry Conklin - dobro, guitar, mandolin, vocals Geoff Galliher - bass, vocals
www.companyofstrangers.com

-
Back