For the young guns.

-
For those of you who don't know, this is the greatest car chase ever filmed. I love bullet and have it on DVD. I can't stand going to the movies now and seeing some (fast and furious) computer generated graphics crap car chase. Sit back and enjoy.

lol im a young gun, already have bullit, along with vanishing point, and dirty harry. Great chase scene with the 68 Charger.....even though it loses the same hubcap in multiple shots haha

That is pretty sweet. Have you ever seen the one in Death proof?? That is a pretty good one too

Well into my 40s I have seen that chase so many times now I find myself looking at the parked cars on the road thinking I had one of those...and one of those...LOL
AL

Nothing like a car-b-que on a Saturday morning. The 67-68 fastback stangs were one of the coolest looking cars of all time. The French Connection also has a great chase scene. Allthough I think it's a LTD.

Sweet. The first time I saw Bullitt, I rented it at the local video rental place, took it home and dubbed it....seems I never watch the rest of the movie....although I have so I could understand what lead upto and how the chase played out.

Not a bad movie for 1968.

The original Vanishing Point was a pretty good movie too....I have the Fox' Remade edition of Vanishing Point...and it too is pretty good, lots of Mopars for the Drool Factor...too bad that 68' Charger "The Beast" had to get trashed...there are not enough 68/69/70 chargers to go around as it is.

Thanks for posting the vid...I love the part where the Charger Driver buckles his seat belt....the ........Vwwwrrooooooom, vwwwrooom is right after!

(ohhh and man I love the raw sound of that 440 4 speed....and hate the 8 speed Mustang sound)

I remember seeing that movie when it first came out. That is one of the best chase scenes ever! IIRC, they had a lot of touble getting permission from the City of San Fransisco to film that chase. Also if memory serves, Steve McQueen did his own driving, and that corner he missed and had to back up to make, wasn't part of the script but they kept it in the film.

watch

For those of you who don't know, this is the greatest car chase ever filmed. I love bullet and have it on DVD. I can't stand going to the movies now and seeing some (fast and furious) computer generated graphics crap car chase. Sit back and enjoy. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-7IEPTAoTg&feature=related

Yep,one of the originals and still the best as far as I'm concerned.:cheers:

:tongue9: wow pretty cool sucks for that charger though

I saw Bullit when it first came out, at the theater. Love the car chase scene!!!

One thing I noticed while watching it in the post, while going thru the streets of San Fran, they pass the same green VW bug and a white/cream colored Pontiac about 6 or 8 times.

FF

Seen it already, many times :p. That bug pops up in every other shot I think...

For those of you who don't know, this is the greatest car chase ever filmed. I love bullet and have it on DVD. I can't stand going to the movies now and seeing some (fast and furious) computer generated graphics crap car chase. Sit back and enjoy. www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-7IEPTAoTg&feature=related

check out this pair in the last cool desert nights cruise.... it was really cool to see the mustang crusing behind the charger!

Cool_desert_Nights_09_005[1].jpg

Cool_desert_Nights_09_013[1].jpg

-
Back