Force still King of Funny Car

-

Back in Time

Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of his despite recognizing he is one of the best ambassadors of the sport there is. That being said he showed this weekend he is far from ready to step aside and let the next generation take over. I think as long as he wants to drive he will be the one to beat in funny car.:burnout::burnout:

I've always liked the guy.

I as well. Unlike some I could mention, I've never seen John be dismissive of fans. He seems to understand that "real car guys" come from all walks of life, and the fact that we paid the gate fees, means, we are paying his bills

He is still getting it dun and as he said Sunday quote = he is 21 when he sits in the seat of his race car, and we all know he feeds his crew good :D

I've always liked the guy.

Me too. He's always got something to say and not afraid to say what's on his mind. High energy, kinda crazy in a way. I like that.

Don't you love how he talks so fast in an interview after he makes a run...

I liked the episode of "Driving Force" when he was racing Ron Capps. Then at the end of the day, someone from Ron Capps crew asked John to come over to Capps' pit. John was a little worried thinking that Capps was going to get a little confrontational with him. It turned out that Ron's daughter were starting to hit the early teens, and Ron wanted advice from John on how to handle the situation at home with the daughter, since John's daughters were already past that stage. And John is all happy saying, "Oh ****, you want to talk family. That's ok. I've got no problem with that..." Then Capps gave Force a beer and they sat down in his pit talking family... (Of course, all the racing was done for that day). It was nice to see that they were competitors on the track, but at the end of the day, could sit down and shoot the **** over a beer....

Capps and force are pretty good friends, even though Capps drives for such a butthead. He and Brown are the only two I like on Schumachers team. I've meet both the Schumachers (sp?), a few times, and suffice to say that they reminded my Big Annis and Little Annis of Smokey and the Bandit fame.

I've also met Force and Capps, a few times. Both of these guys are excellent at what they do, and how the relate to people.

Me too. He's always got something to say and not afraid to say what's on his mind. High energy, kinda crazy in a way. I like that.

Don't you love how he talks so fast in an interview after he makes a run...

I liked the episode of "Driving Force" when he was racing Ron Capps. Then at the end of the day, someone from Ron Capps crew asked John to come over to Capps' pit. John was a little worried thinking that Capps was going to get a little confrontational with him. It turned out that Ron's daughter were starting to hit the early teens, and Ron wanted advice from John on how to handle the situation at home with the daughter, since John's daughters were already past that stage. And John is all happy saying, "Oh ****, you want to talk family. That's ok. I've got no problem with that..." Then Capps gave Force a beer and they sat down in his pit talking family... (Of course, all the racing was done for that day). It was nice to see that they were competitors on the track, but at the end of the day, could sit down and shoot the **** over a beer....

:color: yep that was a cool indeed 8)

I met John Force way back in the late 70's when he went by John "Brute" Force and did the local track exhibitions. He didn't have the money back then but he wasn't much different. Loved the cars and the regular folk's.

Jack

He is only as good as his crew chief. Why do you think Prock is tuning his car this year. To be honest, he and DSR drives the bus for the sport, what would the sport be w/out them.

I'm tired of his interviews and tired of lookin at his teeth.

He is only as good as his crew chief. Why do you think Prock is tuning his car this year.

It doesn't matter who sets up your cars, you have to be able to drive them properly to win....

It's a team effort. The pit crew does their job, and the driver does his/hers...

I like him because of he isn't afraid to speak his mind and he is one of the only people that has worked hard for what he has and works even harder to keep it.
I would like to see him and Don Cherry team up some day, they are cut out of the same cloth.

I've always admired John because he built what he has from absolutely nothing. Read up on his background and you'll see what I mean.
No formal education beyond high school. Nothing but hard work and determination.
He knows and understands how to relate to both the fan and the sponsor - something a lot of racers fail to do.

I loved his quote during the Winternationals TV coverage about his age: "At my age it's a good thing I'm in a 4-second sport. If I was in NASCAR they'd have to have rest stops for me during a race."

Drag racing better do all they can to hang on to him for as long as they can. He's the absolute best ambassador for the sport there is.

Drag racing better do all they can to hang on to him for as long as they can. He's the absolute best ambassador for the sport there is.[/QUOTE]

So very true!!!!!!!

That's my boy. I still don't get why GTX and Ford dropping him next year. I hope he goes to a Mopar body and not a toyo crap. I like Capps but never been a fan of his boss. The sarge has gotten a much better attitude in recent years.

Does a car show at his Brownsburg race shop. Cool place to visit

Got there late in the dart

They only gave out 20 trophies and my car was number 287 or real damn close to 300. The guy that painted my car had another car there he had just finished and a GT350 Shelby he had painted a few years before, all 3 got trophies.

I was really surprised! Ford show, get there late, parked about as far away from the stage as you could get.

The Dart got one of the top 20 at the show. John gave a speech after the awards but had to get back to the track. He was out signing some cars, IN A REAL HURRY. I was hoping to get him to sign the trophy and as he was walking thru the show field he seen me with it and ask, YOU WANT ME TO SIGN THAT? So it is signed by John

Yeah I like the guy and hope he does well even though Ford & CASTROL dropped him.

What is he driving this year?

He can drive, love the old pedal fest trying to get an out of shape flopper down the track

Was standing around shooting the sh….t at the Winter nationals a few years back well more like 10 years or so. Anyway here comes John Force on a Vespa type moped hauling *** up to the Porta Potty's. He jumps off goes in and does his business, steps out and says Hey fella's what's shaking…… We all started just busting up laughing, including him. He talked to us for a but and then sped back off on the Moped. Some funny stuff right there. I have always like his attitude, super positive, and as Hyper as a 6 year old on Chocolate.

Was standing around shooting the sh….t at the Winter nationals a few years back well more like 10 years or so. Anyway here comes John Force on a Vespa type moped hauling *** up to the Porta Potty's. He jumps off goes in and does his business, steps out and says Hey fella's what's shaking…… We all started just busting up laughing, including him. He talked to us for a but and then sped back off on the Moped. Some funny stuff right there. I have always like his attitude, super positive, and as Hyper as a 6 year old on Chocolate.

I hope you didn't shake his hand after he went to the porta potty. We all know what he was shaking in there.... No sinks to wash hands... You know where this is going... :color:

I as well. Unlike some I could mention, I've never seen John be dismissive of fans. He seems to understand that "real car guys" come from all walks of life, and the fact that we paid the gate fees, means, we are paying his bills

I met John once at Firebird Raceway in Phoenix in his pit and he stopped what he was doing to talk with me and show me he was not too good for any race fan!!! I'll always respect him for that!!

-
Back