fords got it right....

-
While this is kinda cool, it's not clear to me how far this goes. It's the REST of the stuff that's hard to get, as you all know.......the trim, glass, doo dads, and other nonsense

Not really. Though I do not know the extent of parts that are currently out there, completion should not be a night mare as far as body panels go and the other parts are mostly there as far as I know.Interior, electrical, etc....

What about the all important V.I.N. number? Those dynacorn bodies are nice for restoring a car thats too far gone, but what kind of legal hoops do you have to jump through to build one from scratch, I would imagine it would have to at least meet current emission standards.

Dynacorn is supposed to be making the 70 Challenger bodies.

I have also wondered about the legal questions. It would have to be licnsed as a car built in 2011/2012, etc, right? It wouldn't meet modern safety regulations. How do they get around that stuff, legally? Are home-built vehicles exempt from all of that stuff?

I have also wondered about the legal questions. It would have to be licnsed as a car built in 2011/2012, etc, right? It wouldn't meet modern safety regulations. How do they get around that stuff, legally? Are home-built vehicles exempt from all of that stuff?

The standards are different form state to state. But you can believe that California will require all new running gear and up to date emission.

MG has been doing this for years...I assume the car wold have to be licensed as a kit car..

FoMoCo may have introduced that, but there's a company that's been making whole bodies for a while.

Funny thing about this is... chipping out 15k for a shell, when you can buy an original GT350 for that... and a legit rustang for 5k-7k in decent condition... Ford must be smoking some serious stuff.

No, not exactly, it depends on what state you live in and what the laws are. They have a link at that site.

"Made in China" musclecar? I don't think so, not me.

Not exactly. They are made here in the states. Now where they get the metal from is another question. IMO, the bottom line is, "Is the metal good or crummy metal?"

FoMoCo may have introduced that, but there's a company that's been making whole bodies for a while.

Funny thing about this is... chipping out 15k for a shell, when you can buy an original GT350 for that... and a legit rustang for 5k-7k in decent condition... Ford must be smoking some serious stuff.

This is the only cave eat of the whole deal. You are absolutely correct on being able to get a really nice M-stang for a lot less. The benefit here is that the car body is updated in welding points, brand new and fully customize able for what ever you want to do to it without issue providing state law isn't violated.

SO, if a brand new Mustang is what you want, then this is it. And do not forget, some people have this kind of money as disposable income.

A great move by Ford.
The biggest issue with Mopars is the lack of chassies for the motors. When you go out today look at all the Mustangs and Camaros on the road. Then look for what Mopars you see to build. Don't count your own. Oh yea, dont count trucks this time.

Kind of takes the fun out of the hobby doesn't it? I mean if aanybody can go buy a new shell and throw new parts on it it really isn't the same now. I would much rather buy a project car and build it ALL myself. For $15000 you can build a nice A-body. Not a perfect numbers matching 340 car or any super rare car but even a /6 converted to a V8 would be worth more to me then any "new" car would ever be. Call me old fashioned but I would rather work on a little rust and save several grand then ever buy a fake shell. Just my opinion, when they start making our cars again it will ruin the hobby for me.

With the state of the economy,probably the only folks who can afford to buy are the same folks who crashed the economy and ran away with your hard earned investment$$.

How much do you think that body costs to produce? Im thinking under 5K.

I really wish somone would reproduce an A body...

Exactly. It's the same company. And same parts.

It's just Ford getting paid tribute money to slap their name on it. $$$

Just like Mopar Licensed Parts that are made by PG Classics in China. At least some of those parts do not meet OEM level quality. Most repro parts don't. They are nice, just not OEM quality. And they are not an "OEM Mopar part" they are a "reproduction part" Read the fine print and legalese.

Ahh Peter G classic junk...no friggin thanks.

64-73 Mustang parts are WAY WORSE.

Most Mustang parts are offered in two, sometime three levels of quality.

My brother bought some repro 1970 Mach I chrome exhaust tips. Started flaking off in couple months. Any Mopar tip on the market is much better quality than that.

-
Back