Former Dodge / Chrysler / et al. Dealerships

-

LH23H2R

Reaction score
I'm trying to locate the names and locations of former Dodge , et al. , dealerships , with a focus on the southern California area .

I know that Glenn E. Thomas is still in business ( albeit at a newer location ) as is Moss Dodge ( Riverside , Ca. ) , and I think Dominic Basso Plymouth ( formerly on Broadway @ Academy in L.A. ) .

I've found where Earl Ike Dodge was located ( in Inglewood near LAX ) , and I know where Atlantic Dodge ( later , East L.A. Dodge ) was ; can anyone provide a list -- even a short one -- of former DCPD dealerships ?

-Reseda Dodge @ reseda bl and kittridge st: gone

-Van Nuys Dodge @ van nuys bl and oxnard st gone

-the Chrysler-Plymouth dealer @ van nuys bl and magnolia st (not sure what the name was, but i got me a nice momento before they finished tearing it down :D ) gone

-David Ellis Chrysler-Plymouth n/s roscoe bl just w/o canoga bl. still there

-Dependable Dodge on s/s roscoe bl just w/o canoga bl. still there

-Dodge dealer in the city of San Fernando on san fernando rd. don't recall the name, gone

Wegge Dodge in Pasadena, CA

Alhambra Dodge, Alhambra , CA

And of course... Cal Worthington Dodge. Go see CAL! They were at one time the nation's top Dodge dealer.

-Reseda Dodge @ reseda bl and kittridge st: gone

-Van Nuys Dodge @ van nuys bl and oxnard st gone

-the Chrysler-Plymouth dealer @ van nuys bl and magnolia st (not sure what the name was, but i got me a nice momento before they finished tearing it down :D ) gone

-David Ellis Chrysler-Plymouth n/s roscoe bl just w/o canoga bl. still there

-Dependable Dodge on s/s roscoe bl just w/o canoga bl. still there

-Dodge dealer in the city of San Fernando on san fernando rd. don't recall the name, gone

like green haldamen?? or something? my great uncle (95 now) worked there for a long time...

like green haldamen?? or something? my great uncle (95 now) worked there for a long time...

That triggered a memory brain cell to fire! A quick web search found there was a Harger-Haldeman Chrysler-Plymouth-Imperial dealership at 2100 S. Figueroa St. in downtown Los Angeles starting in the '40s. I remember TV commercials for them back in the '60s. I don't know how long they were around.

That triggered a memory brain cell to fire! A quick web search found there was a Harger-Haldeman Chrysler-Plymouth-Imperial dealership at 2100 S. Figueroa St. in downtown Los Angeles starting in the '40s. I remember TV commercials for them back in the '60s. I don't know how long they were around.

yea my great uncle worked there for a long time, before becoming LAPD

Some of the ones in the San Diego area......

Howard Taylor Dodge......gone
Castle Plymouth.............gone
McCune Chrysler/Plymouth......still here
San Diego Dodge............gone
Carl Burger Dodge.................still there
Dodge Town..................gone
Kearney Mesa Dodge.......gone

There are probably others but that's all that comes to mind at the moment.

i'm going to build a light box for it and mount it on the side of my garage

Attachments

• p1010064.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 427
-
Back