Forum Software Upgraded

-
This similar threads function just takes up a ton of space, please shrink substantially or remove all together.
Does everyone else also wonder if these things ever get brought to the board's attention as like... hey guys what do you think we're lacking here or maybe need ...or is this decided by the people who don't really use the site.
Doesn't really matter I guess, it be what it be.

How can we do like before and roll up/hide content in selected categories of our choice in the forums section?

86BB222A-0B6A-4D62-809C-EBD1E67D7B02.png

It's like the Interstate system- nobody asked me to help design it, but I use it anyway because it's the quickest way to get where I'm going, or finding out what I need to know.
Joey's doing his best to make whatever tweeks he can to accommodate a thousand different opinions.
Just think of it like you came home from work and the wife rearranged the living room furniture- after stumbling around for a while you get used to it.

Last edited:
This similar threads function just takes up a ton of space, please shrink substantially or remove all together.
Why? There something below it your in a hurry to get to?

Joey's doing his best to make whatever tweeks he can to accommodate a thousand different opinions.
Yes I am, and sometimes people don't realize how difficult it really can be. Even on things that seem simple. Changing one thing can cause problems is 8 other places.

Trust me, I'm not thrilled about the changes either. It means a bunch of work (and expense) for me while I get tons of criticism. Software has to be updated from time to time. I hold out as long as I can.

Looks ok to me. I'm sure all the bugs will shake out. They always do.

Why? There something below it your in a hurry to get to?

Yes I am, and sometimes people don't realize how difficult it really can be. Even on things that seem simple. Changing one thing can cause problems is 8 other places.

Trust me, I'm not thrilled about the changes either. It means a bunch of work (and expense) for me while I get tons of criticism. Software has to be updated from time to time. I hold out as long as I can.

Not in a “hurry”, but like to stay on content of greater value. The new format requires much more scrolling to get to the core content.

It is also about us having limited screen real estate especially on mobil phones, and keeping the scrolling to a minimum between prime content, which for me is posted content by members.

The prior software would change the posting descriptions from bold to regular text after opening them, that does not occurring anymore for me, do I need to change a setting, or is that no longer a feature of this upgrade?

The prior software would change the posting descriptions from bold to regular text after opening them, that does not occurring anymore for me, do I need to change a setting, or is that no longer a feature of this upgrade?

posting descriptions where? please be more specific

For me, on recent posts, it works as suppose to. But im not sure thats what your referring to.

Screenshot_13.jpg

It is also about us having limited screen real estate especially on mobil phones, and keeping the scrolling to a minimum between prime content, which for me is posted content by members.

and the similar threads is below the content -- unless Im missing something?

and the similar threads is below the content -- unless Im missing something?

When I refer to taking up limited screen real estate I am speaking in general to include the previously mentioned large member information area now present over each posting in a thread. Experience may not be as noticeable on something other than a Mobil phone, but no question about it, everything is much more spread out and requiring much more scrolling. I know this is more about usability preference and not a failing function, so just my $0.02.

In regards to the bold/not bold after reading, it is not working in either the New or Recent posts areas for me. Thanks.

Last edited:
In regards to the bold/not bold after reading, it is not working in either the New or Recent posts areas for me.

Ok, um.. try logging out and back in again.... Also try clearing your internet history.

When I refer to taking up limited screen real estate I am speaking in general to include the previously mentioned large member information area now present over each posting in a thread.

I plan to address that, I'm more worried about actual functionality first. But I'm curious, what would you do away with there?

Selective administrating.

Got to be a cool kid !

I still have no idea what your talking about.

Ok, um.. try logging out and back in again.... Also try clearing your internet history.

I plan to address that, I'm more worried about actual functionality first. But I'm curious, what would you do away with there?

I still have no idea what your talking about.
Then Read !!!
So I have to explain it to you twice ?
It was a simple request on the last page, and you just brushed me to the side. Thus, selective administrating. You are literally tripping over yourself to help some, but not others.
Doesn't matter, you've proved to me how you feel about my input, or me in general. Note taken.

It was a simple request on the last page, and you just brushed me to the side. Thus, selective administrating.

Would it be possible to put the "new posts" and "recent posts" over to the right, where they were before ?

Forgive me for being very busy and not seeing that I didn't answer it. So I'll answer it now.... No.

In regards to the bold/not bold after reading, it is not working in either the New or Recent posts areas for me. Thanks.

Just curious, how are you accessing the site? Cause it’s working fine for me

DFC2ED5D-9FFF-4E89-BFFC-A8C86D8556CD.png

When I refer to taking up limited screen real estate I am speaking in general to include the previously mentioned large member information area now present over each posting in a thread. Experience may not be as noticeable on something other than a Mobil phone, but no question about it, everything is much more spread out and requiring much more scrolling. I know this is more about usability preference and not a failing function, so just my $0.02.
My other question... is this just about the member information above each post, or is there more?

Last edited:
How can we do like before and roll up/hide content in selected categories of our choice in the forums section?

Ok, I found something that does this... I'm not sure I like it though.

There is a little tick box on the top right of each category now. Click that and it will collapse the subforums

Ok, I found something that does this... I'm not sure I like it though.

There is a little tick box on the top right of each category now. Click that and it will collapse the subforums
I like it. I don't visit every category.

Any word on our old bookmarks returning?

I had a ton of stuff bookmarked for easier access...

-
Back