Found 76 AMC Gremlin at the yard today...

-

Button

74 Dart Swinger
Reaction score
Found this poor little 258 straight six with A/C, Gremlin in the MOPAR area of the yard today. Notice where a tree grew up between the rear bumper and the body. She seemed awefully solid and if I was a AMC person, I sure would be interested. I loved these with the 304 V-8. There is an older guy here in town that drives a totally stock red, Gremlin thats only non-stock item is dual exhaust. It even has the Levi Jean looking interior.

Attachments

• 000_2248.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 675
  • 000_2249.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 637
  • 000_2250.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 648
  • 000_2251.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 608
  • 000_2252.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 686
  • 000_2253.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 565
  • 000_2254.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 584
  • 000_2255.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 574
The only thing I see missing that was on my uncles is the black sticker of the Gremlin at the top of the rear 1/4 behind the side window. His even had the same stainless spoiler at the rear window.

I had one of those when I was a kid, man what a tough car I beat the heck out of that car and could not hurt it I did wreck the 3 speed stick trans once but had one out of a mustang laying there that I put in and it kept on going.Lost the rad out of it once due to a hard power shift and drove it home 10 miles with no coolant stopped running 3 times put rad in it and drove it another year do bad they dont make cars that reliable and easy to work on any more.

That's just plain sad - folks up here pay $2000-$3000 for a project Gremlin that solid up here. :shock: Probably couldn't get the title now, though. :mad: If it was in a yard near me I'd have it stripped clean by now - I see a LOT of great parts on that car. :-D

You never see anything that good up in the rust belt. I hope somebody saves it!

Dad had one when i was young. 304 3 speed it was a terror. A guy comes to the local car show with a 401 gremlin. That would be a handful

I'd LOVE to have a Gremlin someday . Too bad it's a 1976 , as it'd have to be smogged in Ca. :-(

That's an excellent candidate for an AMC 360 / TorqueCommand 8 combo .

Dad had one when i was young. 304 3 speed it was a terror. A guy comes to the local car show with a 401 gremlin. That would be a handful

Theres a gremlin X in our local yard, I think it was a 304 with a stick, it look's like it might have been purple. It's been there for years, I allways thought that would have been a cool car!

I never realized this car would draw such interest! I've been contacted for parts AND even the car whole! I'll say what I told those who asked, once a car hits the yard, I believe they will not sell the car whole but I could be wrong. They have a special area of cars for sale and most all of them run. I can give the yards contact information if someone is interested, just shoot me a PM.

WOW I have never seen a Gremmy that clean! I really love the tree that grew between the bumper and the body! Just imagine how long this thing sat!!! I saw a 426 Hemi Jammed in one of these several years ago at the Mopar Nats was tubbed and viper red, Plate read " HEMIGREM" wish we had cars this clean up here in Indiana!!!

I grew up right close to an AMC dealership ( Ricker Motors , Whittier 606 Ca 213-OX.-25505 :) ) so AMC's hold a special place in my heart and mind .

I remember seeing their dealer-sponsored Hurst/AMX ( SS/D , iirc ) , as well as a host of other high-perf AMC's , as Ricker was a high-perf type of guy ( even going back to the Nash-Rambler days ) .

Anyone here ever hear of Randall AMC ? They were in Arizona ; and , they built some mean *** mothers ! 1972 Gremlin "Randall 'X' " with its 401 comes to mind ...

Randall cars are the holy grail for Gremlin owners. :notworth: Even most AMC people have never seen one - I haven't. I bought a couple AMC 360s from a guy in Quincy a few years ago (one's going in my Donohue this spring). He had a built 401 Gremlin - it was scarey fast - I wouldn't ride in it. :burnout:

-
Back