Found a cheap 413bb, need info on it!

-
S

SealockRacing

well, i found a super cheap 413 4barrel, and i was just wondering if all 413's came with max wedge style heads and is it pretty much the same as the 63 motors for all years, or what. i dont know much about the 413's, so some help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

john

well, i found a super cheap 413 4barrel, and i was just wondering if all 413's came with max wedge style heads and is it pretty much the same as the 63 motors for all years, or what. i dont know much about the 413's, so some help would be greatly appreciated

thanks

john

No heads are most likely regular 2.07, 1.60 valves, closed chamber, nothing special. They all had 4 barrels. Made a ton of low end torque though. Also those olde ones had the different crank flange.

It could even be a motor home motor. Mopar put 413's in motor homes and industrial applications until the early 70's.

Chuck

I think the motorhome 413 are easily identified by cooling pipes running into the front of both cylinder heads.

I think the motorhome 413 are easily identified by cooling pipes running into the front of both cylinder heads.

Not so, there are plenty of "automotive" style water pump 413's in motor homes. You mainly see the "industrial" style water pumps in the larger truck (D500 - up) applications.

Chuck

The 413-3 had water jacketed exhaust ports, but this was a HD truck engine. Motorhomes got the regular 413 I think. It should have a steel crank.

as far as i know, no-one makes off the shelf pistons. they would have to be custom made. other than that, its a regular big block.

dang, i was hoping it would pretty much be a 413 max wedge motor. its probably not worth it...

i doubt ill go for it. ill buy what i need, when i find it instead of spending money on junk.

thanks guys

dang, i was hoping it would pretty much be a 413 max wedge motor. its probably not worth it...

i doubt ill go for it. ill buy what i need, when i find it instead of spending money on junk.

thanks guys

get the numbers off the block and post them. that would help

-
Back