Found a nearly complete 66 Barracuda in a junk yard today, pics!

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
While driving for work today I spotted a 1966 Barracuda in a junk yard, it was just hauled in. The body, floors, and frame are completly rusted and toast. Cool thing is it is almost complete, only missing the rear window, radiator, and intake manifold. It is a 273 car, looks like it had a 3-on-the-tree, clutch pedals are still in it, someone put a Firebird auto floor shift in it. Car also has a 120 MPH, factory tach, sending unit is there too! I asked if it was for sale and he said, "what will you give me for it?" I hate when people do that. He said that the next day another nearby junk yard was comming to look at it to buy so they can sell parts off of it, not crush it! The car is in Litchfield, MN, the 2 yards that may buy it is French Lake Auto Parts (FLAP) and Windy Hill Auto Parts. He did sell me some stuff off of the car but being I was working and didn't want to get fired for screwing around so I took off after a half hour, knowing that it would not be crushed and used for parts made me feel good. If it is still there on monday I will go back and buy more parts. If the other yard gets it, I can always go there too, all 3 yards are 1 hr from where I live. Here are some pics!

barracuda4.jpg

barracuda663.jpg

barracuda661.jpg

barracuda662.jpg

barracuda5.jpg

barracuda6.jpg

cool find... from what I can see in the pics, it looks as though the rear trim on the quarters, and at the base of the rear window are in good shape... If that trim at the bottom of the rear window is nice, and you dont need that, let me know, I have a friend with a 66 fish, and his trim needs replaced...

Yeah you want to get the front buckets if nothing else.

Grab the head light rings to Keith, They look nice from what I can see.
Not that I need them but They sure would be hard to find.=P~

looking at that car they have the perfect lines to make a mopar camino.just cutout the trunklid and install a flat up and down rear glass

The trim on the rear was pitted, the right tail light was cracked. The Cuda grilles are unbroken! They are pitted but not bad, head light rings decent, maybe a ding or 2. Lots of good parts, I will follow this car and get what I can!

I could use the sending unit for the tach along with the wiring for it. I have the tach but not the rest.

I sure could use the front filler for the bottom of the grille to bumper let me know what the part will cost me Thank's Keith

cudavalance.JPG

I could use the sending unit for the tach along with the wiring for it. I have the tach but not the rest.

I know what it all looks like and have removed the stuff from another car a few years ago but sold it. If I can get from this car you can have first dibbs!

PM sent your way Keith

Got your PM, if I can get the grilles you have dibbs Badawg!

I sure could use the front filler for the bottom of the grille to bumper let me know what the part will cost me Thank's Keith

I think I have a spare one of these here, let me look this weekend when I get a chance.

If that B'cuda still has the spring type trunk prop rod, I need both of the little metal mounting plate for it. The one that mounts on the trunk lid and the one that mounts to the trunk side

I like how the floor mat is there to keep water out of the block, or was it funnel into the block. haha Very cool find though. Good luck.

1. look at how hard it corners! and its on dirt!

2. its always cool to se someone elses 'racecar'

3. I want those seats, they are like 500% better than mine

Pretty rare to find something like that in a bone yard! Awesome seats grab them they won't last long as soon as a few guys see it word will get around!

-
Back