Found a Rear View Mirror on eBay

-

70DusterBob

Reaction score
I don't know if this breaks the rules or not. If this breaks a rule, moderator please remove it. I didn't see where it says not to put links to external websites selling parts.

I have been looking for a new rear view mirror, scoured around a bit finally found one. I found a perfect replacement for my rear view mirror. It is for a 1970-71 A Body, but they have others. Mine would swing under acceleration. This is a new part for $108. I got one and it is a-okay with me:

For Dodge Dart 1970 Auto Metal Direct Rear View Mirror | eBay

If anyone's rear view mirror sways, it's possible to fix this by removing the mirror assy. from the roof. Now, simply tighten the two screws that holds the plate, which in turn applies pressure on the pivot ball. If badly worn, add an aluminum shim between the plate and the ball.

If anyone's rear view mirror sways, it's possible to fix this by removing the mirror assy. from the roof. Now, simply tighten the two screws that holds the plate, which in turn applies pressure on the pivot ball. If badly worn, add an aluminum shim between the plate and the ball.

Your right, you can adjust the swingers by adjusting the plate in the back, behind the mount. And I appreciate you letting others know because I wasn't sure this was possible, and I didn't think of putting an aluminum shim in it. Mine was pretty bad, and the mount and arm were oxidized badly on mine. Plus this one has a night/day option/lever. For me it was needed. It looks "so" much better than what was on there.

I put the same black back mirror in my 67 fish. I never liked the look of OEM raw metal back.

I don't know if this breaks the rules or not. If this breaks a rule, moderator please remove it. I didn't see where it says not to put links to external websites selling parts.

I have been looking for a new rear view mirror, scoured around a bit finally found one. I found a perfect replacement for my rear view mirror. It is for a 1970-71 A Body, but they have others. Mine would swing under acceleration. This is a new part for $108. I got one and it is a-okay with me:

For Dodge Dart 1970 Auto Metal Direct Rear View Mirror | eBay
I moved the thread to "interiors" No need to have a sale thread unless you are selling the part. And now it's ok to talk about it as conversations aren't allowed in sale threads. And, this is not a sale or wanted thread so the offers to sell or parts wanted questions have been removed.

I moved the thread to "interiors" No need to have a sale thread unless you are selling the part. And now it's ok to talk about it as conversations aren't allowed in sale threads. And, this is not a sale or wanted thread so the offers to sell or parts wanted questions have been removed.

I wasn't sure or aware of how to post this, thanks for moving it and your explanation. Now I know.

Since this thread is on the topic of rearview mirrors, I hope it's okay to ask simple question relating to right side door (rearview) mirror - in lieu of creating separate thread. Here goes (fingers crossed).
First I will start by agreeing with (inside) rearview adjustment options. I have similar issues but, also loose on stem portion where it threads or pivots. I will remove mine and if not able to tighten will add some gorilla glue - no, not to ball pivot/plate/shim.
Now, I need to know approx. location of right-side door mirror as it would complement the (cable-operated) OEM left-door mirror. I ordered new-repro from ebay and will install asap. If anyone has the factory style right mirror, please take some measurements and post. Many thanks.

Since this thread is on the topic of rearview mirrors, I hope it's okay to ask simple question relating to right side door (rearview) mirror - in lieu of creating separate thread. Here goes (fingers crossed).
First I will start by agreeing with (inside) rearview adjustment options. I have similar issues but, also loose on stem portion where it threads or pivots. I will remove mine and if not able to tighten will add some gorilla glue - no, not to ball pivot/plate/shim.
Now, I need to know approx. location of right-side door mirror as it would complement the (cable-operated) OEM left-door mirror. I ordered new-repro from ebay and will install asap. If anyone has the factory style right mirror, please take some measurements and post. Many thanks.
There may be other threads with dimensions but where it works best is where you want to mount it. Grab a helper and figure out where the best spot is. Glass runs can block your view and too far back and you may not be able to adjust the mirror glass at a sharp enough angle to make it useful.

014 (2).JPG

100_6000 (1).JPG

100_6001.JPG

As far as tightening the loose mirror ball in it's bracket when the screws are already tight.....no need for any shim or glue. Just remove that 2 hole plate, put it in a vise, and squeeze it slightly which will flatten it out a bit. It will now put more pressure on the ball. Add some grease and reinstall.

I'll keep this simple, factory equipped right hand mirrors were mounted the same as the left hand one.

It doesn't matter where you mount the mirror it will not provide the functionality of late model car mirrors.

Alan

-
Back