four-speed question

-
"Sort of." They have the flange drive shaft so you'd have to have a new shaft made. I don't know if the shifter is in the same position or not.

Is the 69 your putting it in a four-speed car now ? Also you might want to post this in the four-speed part of this forum as the majority of racers use automatics.

The speedo gear and cable is different, you can get one that will work, but you are severely limited as to the number of teeth you can find.

Attachments

• 20130504_181403.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 258
I think that early tranny has the 3.09 low-gear set, and the skinny mainshaft. If you swap in the fat M/S and a late tailhouse, you solve both problems.
The 3.09 set can be an advantage with smaller or less-powerful engines.
I did myself a favor; I'm running buckets so I moved the shifter as far back as fit comfortably in my hand, and as high as possible. Shifting is so much more enjoyable. I actually put a B/E tranny in my A and used the rear mount. I put the short stick in my hand, with my arm hanging almost straight down. The stick is around a foot further back, and the top mounting bolt is above the floorpan. Yeah baby. Of course, I had to build new, longer, meatier shift-rods.

-
Back