frame is tied. better late then never i guess..lmao

-
wat to go i put off installing mine for a long time also my dart ran 11.89 quarter pass with out them on my old 340 and 250 shot of nitrous without them

I too assumed you had the connectors in!
let us know if you start hearing those noises I was talking about.

He doessssssssss nice work from what I can see ,tell me something does that help to keep the T bar socket from twisting to much,I mean a rusty car in that area always breaks.

Looks good. Should of had them in there a long time ago. Not that I can talk. Still need to put some in my Dart.

They look great. I'm doing it. Question is should I put them in before I finish my floor pan installation?

They look great. I'm doing it. Question is should I put them in before I finish my floor pan installation?
I generally prefer to do it after once the chassis has been stiffened up with the floor pans. I also prefer to do it when the car is on the ground under full load than up in the air so that the body flex is settled into the driving load geometry.

If you put them in before you cut the floor boards then it would help stop the flex of the body from cutting out the floor.

As stated by Ddaddy best done with the suspension loaded.

Unfortunately the floor is out. To late there. I'll do them after its back in. Welding access is what I was thinking. Extra strength makes sense, though. Thanks guys. Sorry about the hi-jack Joe.

Make zero difference loaded and unloaded. People install them with a car upside down or on it's side on rottisserries. Guys have done measurements using laser pointers with the cars in multiple positions on a rot, which levers the car worse than the suspension... not worth worrying about. The factory built the car worse from a tolerance level than any position you can install the connectors.

Depends on how you want to install them. If cutting the floor open and welding the intruding areas to the floor, probably easier to install connectors after the pan is in.

Pretty much either way, I'd put the pan in and make the stuff fit as you go.

not sure why he didn't wear any. he isn't welding there. he is cutting with a plasma cutter. he is a certified welder and does it for a living so i guess he knows what he is doing...lol. i would wear goggles... :)

Nice Joe! Shawn does great work! I haven’t seen him in years. I wish that I had his shop.

you know i have heard a million different things about how to set it up. my buddy whi i trust says just to put it up on the suspension and make sure the doors and all open and close properly . so thats how we did it. i couldn't believe how easy it really was to make the dame things... its only 2x3 box tub with a little notch cut out of it.. had to jack them up into place but thats it.. pretty much followed this Weld In Your Own Frame Connectors
Joe where did you mount the front stands ?? You placed the rears on the differential tubes correct but by the looks of the earlier picks stands look like they are under the A arms as wanting to do mine and just want to positioned stands correctly before going further. I would like my doors to open as im to keen on leaping through the windows !!! doors open close with little effort now just want to keep them that way. Cheers

-
Back