frame is tied. better late then never i guess..lmao

-

abodyjoe

Reaction score
been wanting to tie the car together for years so a friend of mine hooked me up yesterday and we built a set of connectors..

DSCN6175.jpg

DSCN6179.jpg

DSCN6178.jpg

DSCN6181.jpg

DSCN6182.jpg

DSCN6186.jpg

DSCN6184.jpg

DSCN6193.jpg

DSCN6192.jpg

DSCN6199.jpg

DSCN6195.jpg

Such a simple device makes a BIG difference in how the car drives.

Too bad you didn't have them on at the track day when you ran the low 12's, would have likely run faster.

Nice work by WB!

Did you put the jackstands under the suspension? Or under the subframes? I ask because I'm going to be installing connectors in mine coming up very soon.

Damn Joe, as finished out as your car was, I took for granted that was done a long time ago. lol

That looks great. Been thinking about redoing mine and adding torqueboxes this time.
Nice to know I'm not the only one who never does anything today that they can put off till the next decade....

Did you put the jackstands under the suspension? Or under the subframes? I ask because I'm going to be installing connectors in mine coming up very soon.

you know i have heard a million different things about how to set it up. my buddy whi i trust says just to put it up on the suspension and make sure the doors and all open and close properly . so thats how we did it. i couldn't believe how easy it really was to make the dame things... its only 2x3 box tub with a little notch cut out of it.. had to jack them up into place but thats it.. pretty much followed this http://www.bigblockdart.com/techpages/connectors.shtml

Good to see you got them in now.A very much needed upgrade in these unibodied cars.Pretty simple to make these,instead of spending over $100.

lol.. should have been done a long time ago..

Yeah cause you knew you dang well needed it. How do you like the difference? I've never met anybody that couldn't tell it night and day.

Like others here Joe :mrgreen:I thought you already had your frame tied together
Congratulations and thank you for sharing this here with us with pictures :colors:
A must do if your late or especially early A body is getting soft and twisting to much :mrgreen:

Yall did it right. If you support it on the frame rails, you're using the roof to hold the car together and there's naturally some flex goin on. That's why the doors become difficult to open when it's supported by the frame rails. When supported by the suspension, all of the other areas of the car that are supposed to support its weight are not being left out and allowed to do their job. Your buddy's smart. As long as you can still open and close the doors good, weld away.

I needed to post here again so I can find it Joe, This is the way to do it and I will need these great pictures and info soon , Thank you :thumleft::hello2:

Good idea, I will do that know Joe, Thank you. saved to my desk top !!

Bookmark that link! Thanks Joe for the info and thanks Mike for the reminder.

Buuuuuuuuu.......

How come we don' see no goggles on ol' blind Joe?

wkh1mb.jpg

Looks good though. I'm gonna have ta practice up on my upside-down weldin'

Buuuuuuuuu.......

How come we don' see no goggles on ol' blind Joe?

wkh1mb.jpg

Looks good though. I'm gonna have ta practice up on my upside-down weldin'

not sure why he didn't wear any. he isn't welding there. he is cutting with a plasma cutter. he is a certified welder and does it for a living so i guess he knows what he is doing...lol. i would wear goggles... :)

As long as you aren't looking where the cut is occurring, you usually won't have an issue. None or little light wave energy is above the cut surface, unless you pull the nozzle off your workpiece. I do the same thing all the time, except I tend to wear a pair of safety glasses for slag that tends to fly around.

Vey nice, I will be doing mine some day.

-
Back