Status
Not open for further replies.

moparmat2000

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
67   0   0
Contact seller
hi y'all

my dad is wanting to sell his 79 lil red express truck. we did a full frame off restoration on it a number of years ago. lots of NOS parts in this one. its been garage kept since the redo. this truck is really super nice. i will let pix tell the story. restored back in 1999 i believe if my memory serves me correctly. i get my O.C.D. from my dad, and we drove each other nuts with all the details when we restored it, but had a lot of fun doing it too.

the goods, the original numbers matching E58 police spec 360, Torqueflight 727 also numbers matching. both are fully rebuilt engine has .030 overbore, 9.25 open rear with 3.55 cogs, PS, PB, ice cold A/C, factory mopar cruise control , factory mopar AM/FM/40 channel CB stereo radio, factory in dash clock, factory in dash tachometer, sony AM/FM cassette, and 10 disc CD changer hidden in console and under drivers seat with custom made box and and brackets. i believe it even has a matching lil red express 15X8 spare mag wheel and tire under the back for a spare tire.

there is not a flaw in this truck at all. i am located in Abilene texas, but the truck is with my dad in lakehurst new jersey. he knows more about it than i do, i just helped him restore it. i think he has a stack of reciepts for everything 2" thick. its also a show winner. he has lots of 1st place trophys that he has won with it, but he wants to do something different now, and the truck has to go.

if you are interested in the truck, PM me and i will give you his phone number and you can talk to him direct about it. im not sure what he wants for it, so you can negotiate with him on it. he is only interested in serious inquiries only.

$42,000 or best offer.

thats about it.
matt

Attachments

• DSCN9015.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 1,553
  • DSCN9030.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 2,040
  • DSCN9031.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 1,778
  • DSCN9018.jpg
    109.9 KB · Views: 1,458
  • DSCN9024.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 1,431
  • DSCN9027.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 1,427
  • DSCN9023.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 1,369
  • DSCN9032.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 1,372
  • DSCN9025.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 1,414
  • DSCN9028.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 1,388
Looks good but I have to tell you a price would make all the difference in the world.. Have him give you a price to post here.

i really dunno what he wants for it. i figure that he and the prospective buyer can hash it out. i really dont want to get involved in it other than posting a bit about it and some pix for him. he has tried hemmings motor news and a few others. i told him i would try FABO figured its free so what the heck.

matt

Might want to tell him he needs a price or it will only last briefly before being deleted by a moderator.

Nice truck!! If I hit the lottery, your dad will be one of the first people I call. That's probably what it's gonna take to buy it.

the original numbers matching E58 police spec 360, Torqueflight 727 also numbers matching. both are fully rebuilt engine has .030 overbore, 8.25 open rear with 3.55 cogs,

you sure its a e58 and not a eh1 motor? LRE is supposed to have a EH1

also is it an 8 1/4 or a 9 1/4 rear? LRE only came with a 9 1/4 rear..

also think the dash cluster is wrong. LRE had silver ones not wood grain.

where in jersey is it located?

rules say it needs a price or it gets deleted..

good looking truck though.. :)

Wish it was a '78 LRE I'd be interested...Good luck with sale.

Very nice truck , i had a 78 for 6 years, he prob just got his housings mixed up .they all came with 91/4 housings, and as far as i know the engines were e58 Police engines .And as far as the dash bezel they can be interchanged in minutes to the silver , i put a woodgrain in mine also matches the doors and dash trim . No price but still very very nice truck , well done .

Nope. E58 is a car engine. Eh1 is a lil red engine. I know the dash piece can be changed in 5 min. Doesn't make it right. I had a 79 for a few years.

E58 or EH1 i do believe tom hoover and his gang used the E58 police engine in these trucks . Irregardless of that, it is the original numbers matching engine and transmission. We verified that on dissassembly. Now this is his truck he knows more about it than i do, im just the messenger, so dont "kill the messenger" OK.

As far as the woodgrain dash goes. The NOS bezels we were able to find (which never even had a screw put thru them till we got them) for the in dash NOS clock and tachometer came with a woodgrained veneer on them which is why we used a woodgrained center panel wasnt going to take a new set of very hard to find clock and tach bezels and peel the woodgrained veneer off them for a silver dash. Now if you want to buy the truck and do that then by all means do that.

Im trying to get this sold for my dad, i think its a super truck, with a lot of hard work in it. Have any of you tried to restore one of these? If you have then you know some of the parts are hard to find. Look at the pix and enjoy it for what it is, a nicely restored example. Remember if you live in a glass house it is highly inappropriate to throw stones.

Or as lee iacocca used to say if you can find a better built car then buy it.

Cheers:
Matt

As an original owner of my lil red, I must say the this is a very nice truck, with a few items that are not correct, but still very nice! I was wondering if your dad still has the original thermoquad? Does he want to sell it? if so I'd be interested. I'm always keepin an eye out for spare peices.

All the parts go with it. He has a used needing a.rebuild thermoquad, but its not original to the truck. Installed on the truck is a carter 625 afb carb. It gets 18 mpg highway. He originally got it with a 2bbl carb and manifold. We found a 4bbl iron manifold. Close to the correct year and used it.

Truck used to belong to a U.S. Serviceman stationed in istanbul turkey. I would imagine thats were the 2bbl was prob installed. Prob better gas mileage. Found lots of sand in it when we took it apart. No rust tho. Truck was amazingly solid. Had wierd turkish registration stickers on the old sand blown windshield. It has all new glass including vent windows, only original glass is the door windows

It may have been in a Turk's hands for awhile over there if it had Turkish inspect stickers. How do I know? I have my dad's old "US Forces Turkey" plate hanging in my garage...Istanbul and Ankara

I have a #s TQ (carb.) for a 79 red express if you are interested. It is a low mileage take off

gold members don't need a price in their ads, thats one of their privileges

Incorrect info........Prices should be posted for ALL members. Thanks

Price lowered to $42,000 or best offer. I cant edit original post. No edit button.

Edited for you. Nice truck & Good Luck with the sale :cheers:

Im pulling for you that would make my truck way more valuable than even i thought

How did the frame come off and how did it go back on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back