Freaking nightmares.

-

ramenth

Gratis persona
Reaction score
For about a month now, awaken up two or three times a night with nightmares.

I've had only a night or two without and slept peacefully.

sorry to hear it

snacking a lot before bedtime? that could do it
(in the words of Ebenezer, "there is more of gravy then of grave about you")

On any meds???

good point, there is one specific one that comes to mind (of course, i cant remember the name of it now, but i believe it is a testosterone enhancer) that is famous for causing vivid dreams

Most of the pills for anxiety will give vivid dreams, don't ask how I know. But the dreams are more wild and crazy but not nightmare-ish, like being able to fly or experiencing unreal things that are kinda fun..

Having any stress lately????

Yes. I do what I can to quiet my mind before bedtime.

Try to draw a blank slate, so to speak and let the stresses of the day flow out of my mind.

It worked for a couple of days, then last night it didn't. Thought I caught a break.

Be nice if the nightmares were about the stresses. Instead they are about other things.

On any meds???

And yes. Been on the same ones for almost two years now, no change in dosage.

Nightmares aren't one of the listed side effects.

Sometimes the nightmares are your brain's way of dealing with the stresses you experience during the day. I've been retired for over 10 years and still have dreams about being late to College or to work. It pisses me off because I don't even have to worry about things like that. Even more, I've never been late for anything!! A type personality!! Treblig

Yes. I do what I can to quiet my mind before bedtime.

Try to draw a blank slate, so to speak and let the stresses of the day flow out of my mind.

It worked for a couple of days, then last night it didn't. Thought I caught a break.

Be nice if the nightmares were about the stresses. Instead they are about other things.

And yes. Been on the same ones for almost two years now, no change in dosage.

Nightmares aren't one of the listed side effects.

Hate to tell you this but there is no specific cause of nightmares. Yes there is correlations between traumatic events and stress and nightmares but no one has been able to find a direct cause. I went through some serious nightmares after my friends accident and I even went as far as taking medication a few times.

As far as we know our dreams are completely random but your mental state changes how we interpret them and what we actually remember. I likely still have bad dreams as often as I did fallowing the accident but now I just don’t remember them. I can’t explain why that happens.

You can however become more open to lucid dreaming and attempt to shut down bad dreams and even interact with good dreams.

I kept a dream journal for about six months when I was studying this. I would reccomend keeping a journal to everyone and I was able to be more in control of my dreams. Although there were still instances where I had zero control.

good point, there is one specific one that comes to mind (of course, i cant remember the name of it now, but i believe it is a testosterone enhancer) that is famous for causing vivid dreams
Have tried damn near everything to help me sleep....thank you mixed bipolar severe with pshcotic tendencies...brain ramps up over who the hell knows what and then...well...wide awake.
I take Xanax now. Helps, sometimes. The one that gave me wild hallucinations was Valium. One night I saw a neighbor driving one of those lifts that is used to put building materials up on roofs...well he was racing up and down our dirt road going about 50mph...he was doing donuts in my yard...he left by driving next to my garage...where 2 vehicles were parked. When I woke up all the curtains were open, and the front door was unlocked...so I must have gotten up to look...good times...

I had a dream last night, hesitate to talk about it. In the dream I was in bed sleeping with my wife. There was a noise in the dark and my wife asked me to check it out. I got out of bed and went to the next room and looked out the window, couldn't see anything but noticed in the mirror that my son was in the room. My son passed away 3 years ago so I was happy to see him. But at the time (in the dream) he was there to help me find what had made the noise. We searched through the whole house and when we got to the last room in our search my other son showed up and kicked down the door to search the last room. We found nothing but as I turned around I saw my other son (the one that passed away) sitting on the counter smiling at me. I knew that it was time for him to go. I ran toward him and hugged him as I cried. I hugged him as hard as I could but I knew he had to go. I woke up crying but happy that I had seen him. Sometimes dreams are good and sometimes they are bad. I have no idea why I had this dream last night??

you havent been engaging in any yoga has you ?
what most westerners refuse to admit is that the very essence of yoga is to open your min up to demonic forces and get them to "yoke" with you, you are basically opening a door allowing demons to enter your mind

if you're doing yoga then dollars to donuts what you are experiencing is demonic oppression (or manifestation, if they are only bugging you in your dreams)

what most westerners refuse to admit is that the very essence of yoga is to open your min up to demonic forces and get them to "yoke" with you, you are basically opening a door allowing demons to enter your mind

if you're doing yoga then dollars to donuts what you are experiencing is demonic oppression (or manifestation, if they are only bugging you in your dreams)

Im not an expert in eastern or western religions or demonology but I am skeptical of this.

Yoga is merely an exercise. You can argue it clears your mind of stress and is very close to meditating but the same thing happens to me when I am doing an activity that requires intense focus. When you are doing yoga you are focusing on your body and balance and flexibility.

I get much closer to meditating when I am sitting in a tree stand listening to the woods.

No, yoga here.

Even if I wanted to, some of your reasons are valid under my belief system also, and even if they weren't the inflexibility of certain joints wouldn't allow me to, anyway.

These nightmares have more to do with things I thought I put in the past and yet keep waking me up every night.

I have them once in a while, cant even really remember what was going on in the dream, but I know when it wakes me up it was something very scary. And even though I cant really remember the details, I do seem to be thinking "oh that one again" when it wakes me. Like its a recurring dream. I know a couple times that its was so frightening that i've let out a scream or like yelling and my wife wakes me up saying "whats wrong?"

You get any black shadows trying to crawl inside you from the backside,
even if you're sleeping on your back,(like how is that possible) accompanied by terror and perhaps paralysis?
First they come to you as you are just waking up. Later they come into your dreams. Later you find out you know you are dreaming but can't wake up.
You get any like that?
I did,
but I figured out by the third time what the were and how to get rid of them permanently. BTW, in lucid dreaming you can do anything you can imagine, and sometimes there ain't no gravity in there. And no pain, only fear. Go to bed holding a little stick. In your dream you can imagine it to be anything you want it to be. A sword, a rifle with unlimited firepower, a spear anything. But you cannot destroy those shadows; there is only one way to get rid of them permanently.

Last edited:
Anything with codeine will set me off.Also when I was addicted to Oxycodone I had a lot of Nightmares but don't remember them. What AJ said is what frightened me the most.You feel a force holding you in bed and no matter how hard you try you cannot move. After several episodes my mind fought back and the paralysis went away and has never came back.That had been a lifelong struggle.Robert I hope you find peace and the Nightmares cease.

It’s called sleep paralysis. Your body naturally paralyzes itself during normal REM sleep so that you don’t thrash around while you are dreaming. Occasionally, sleep is disrupted enough that you become semi-conscious before the brain releases the paralysis. It is a common occurrence that is well documented and there is a simple neurological explanation for it.

The underlying issue isn’t the paralysis, it’s what’s causing you to come out of the deep REM sleep sooner than your brain is ready to release the body control. It can be anything from psychological to pharmacological that triggers it.

Does that explain this?

zJiNmYxM2MtYmUxMi00YWQzLWI5ZGYtMmU5ZDY1NzA3NDVjL2ltYWdlL2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjg3MTIwODI@._V1_.jpg

Interesting?
They always is them the party concerned.
Made perfect sense to me.

-
Back