Freaking nightmares.

-
The only problem with Zoloft, Ambien and all those other sleep aids is that they are very addictive. Once your body gets used to taking them on a nightly bases it's almost impossible to stop. Your body goes into panic mode if you stop cold turkey. It took me almost a year to wean myself off those meds. Yes, they did help me sleep but I don't like being dependent on anything. treblig

It’s called sleep paralysis. Your body naturally paralyzes itself during normal REM sleep so that you don’t thrash around while you are dreaming. Occasionally, sleep is disrupted enough that you become semi-conscious before the brain releases the paralysis. It is a common occurrence that is well documented and there is a simple neurological explanation for it.

The underlying issue isn’t the paralysis, it’s what’s causing you to come out of the deep REM sleep sooner than your brain is ready to release the body control. It can be anything from psychological to pharmacological that triggers it.

That makes sense to me but what causes that feeling of something holding you down.

That makes sense to me but what causes that feeling of something holding you down.
It’s a common feeling resulting from the sleep paralysis. Some people describe feeling like they are being suffocated (which of course they aren’t).

During the time of semi-consciousness, the cerebral cortex is still half in REM sleep so feelings that are real become mixed up with feelings induced from dreaming. Some people even partially open their eyes to see an arm they thought they were moving laying perfectly still. It’s an odd experience and one I have experienced myself several times in my life since I was a teenager.

The trick is to remind yourself that it’s just part of the dream state and let your body come out of it naturally without fighting it. While sometimes it seems like it’s a long experience, in reality it only lasts a few seconds. Fighting it just makes it seem like it lasts longer that it actually does.

Last night I dreamt I was a muffler, and I woke up exhausted ! No seriously, I've been having night mare's since I retired from my job of 22 years back in may. Have you had any changes in life like that or anything? Sometimes I just get up and get on A body's only, sure am glad you guys and gal's are here.:lol:

you havent been engaging in any yoga has you ?
what most westerners refuse to admit is that the very essence of yoga is to open your min up to demonic forces and get them to "yoke" with you, you are basically opening a door allowing demons to enter your mind

if you're doing yoga then dollars to donuts what you are experiencing is demonic oppression (or manifestation, if they are only bugging you in your dreams)
I do have Demon's entering my mind at night, but they are made by Dodge!

Im not an expert in eastern or western religions or demonology but I am skeptical of this.

Yoga is merely an exercise. You can argue it clears your mind of stress and is very close to meditating but the same thing happens to me when I am doing an activity that requires intense focus. When you are doing yoga you are focusing on your body and balance and flexibility.

I get much closer to meditating when I am sitting in a tree stand listening to the woods.
I do have Demon's entering my mind at night, but they are made by Dodge!
Dodge?

Or fiat?

:poke:

Zoloft is an anti-depressant.

I take 50mg of the generic - sertraline - as my happy pill. Have for two years now.

Spent a lot of time today talking with a good, close friend who is close to the situation. The talking and bouncing of ideas helped. Maybe it won't put an end to 'em, but I may have found the root cause.

That might make them easier to deal with.

Zoloft is an anti-depressant.

I take 50mg of the generic - sertraline - as my happy pill. Have for two years now.

Spent a lot of time today talking with a good, close friend who is close to the situation. The talking and bouncing of ideas helped. Maybe it won't put an end to 'em, but I may have found the root cause.

That might make them easier to deal with.
Anti-depressants, by themselves, triggered some of my most memorable manic episodes....good times....

Crazy dreams. Wake up tired.
Was a side effect from nicotene patches.
Certain foods, but i dont remember what does it.
I have strange dreams constantly.
Nightmares? Vivid crazy dreams, i dont know if i consider them nightmares.

i had a pretty vivid dream this morning

it started when i had send the wife to go buy some new rims (no tires, i guess i still had those)
when i walked in to pay, i said "how much does a set of rims cost"and the kid rang me up for five bucks, with a condescending attitude
so i asked to see the manager
waited around, and he never showed so i said forget it, i paid what they asked
i grabbed my receipt off the printer and left
i walked over to the wife, and as i did some bozo allmost ran me over, so i banged on the roof of his car a few times
then i gave the wife the receipt and told her ill meet her at church
she drove off and i walked back to my car (which for some reason was jacked up)
as im lowering the car someone comes walking out with a jack to help me, so i tell him "thanks, but i got this" and he turns around and leaves

then, as im closing the trunk i hear someone yelling "you got no balls" (and i think it was the guy who almost ran me over before)
i try to assess the situation and as i do, he pulls a firearm and shoots at me
he misses, so i grab mine and fire one round over his head, hoping the report will send him scrambling, but he fires another round and so i move my gun from my left hand to my right (and i remember thinking this is weird, im lefthanded) but i fire another round, and hit him in the right shoulder and the punk goes down
so i call the cops, tell em what happened, tell em what i look like (so the dont mistake me for a bad guy)
so while im there waiting on the cops, i get all these thoughts running through my mind like "im gonna be late for church" and "i was supposed to tap him three times center mass, i only shot him once, i wonder if i should go over there and shoot him again"

and right about that time, i woke up

Every few weeks I have this dream where everyone I have ever met in my life is all together, having a bbq. At a big cabin in the woods. It always ends the same....everyone dies...sometimes by me laying on a hill top with a high powered rifle.....sometimes by the cabin blowing up.. ..once a very large and quick happening sink hole opening up..

Every few weeks I have this dream where everyone I have ever met in my life is all together, having a bbq. At a big cabin in the woods. It always ends the same....everyone dies...sometimes by me laying on a hill top with a high powered rifle.....sometimes by the cabin blowing up.. ..once a very large and quick happening sink hole opening up..
Remind me not to hang out with you or go to any of your BBQs!!!:rofl:

I wish I could see her face, I'm positive it is someone I know and she's a 10 in everything except the one I can't see.
The good dreams out weigh the bad ones in my case, but I do have violent dreams sometimes with no ending.
I hope there is never an end. I wish they would just go away.

a common theme in my dreams is fishing
i usually catch something deadly, a shark or an alligator

I get dreams whenever I eat Italian food for dinner, strange but I can bank on it. Red sauce or sodium? Also no caffeine before bed, coffee or cola. I get better sleep when its about 63 in the room, seems to make me sleep deeper and more still according to my wife than heated or summer.

I had one about going and looking at a old car, couldn't tell what it was in the dream, just that it had a fiberglass tilt front end. The guy, which I have never seen has it loaded on a truck with a trailer. I get in and we travel out a road and he tries to turn around and there's a cliff overlooking a lake, its steep and down hill and I tell him he can't turn around there, he tried anyway and it starts sliding and I open the door and grab a small tree then I watch as the truck trailer and car goes over the cliff and sink's in the lake. I wake up screaming and my wife ask me what's wrong, I told her I was having a bad dream. Too many car trades and late night TV i guess.:(

I could tell you what I experienced, what I concluded, and what my solution was, and why it doesn't happen to me any more.

Look ;I get that pharmakia works, cuz the evil one has demonstrated his power to emulate the power of God Almighty, for thousands of years, hence we have many religions founded on some type of satanism, and even the Israelites got sucked in. Which is why God-Almighty YHWH is his name, divorced them for awhoring after other gods.
But Believers, not necessarily modern-Christians, ought to put their faith in the risen from the dead and now living, Son . Learn His name and banish the diseases of the Gentiles from your body. I had complete relief from pain in three days, and all my former strength back in three weeks..... with no pharmakia of any kind.
Not only ought we to have nothing to do with pharmakia, but we are commanded not to. And why is that?.......... Because it is based in sorcery says the Bible, the evil works of the evil one which is why most pharmikia has an evil side-effect, locking you to it, perhaps forever; cuz satan wants you dead,dead,dead, before you get a chance to be redeemed.
As to the demons that come in the night, invisible or not, that sit on your chest and paralyze you, well I already said my piece. If you endure them, you do it out of lack of faith, or lack of works, or pure foolishness, or some combination.
I know, I know, you think I'm the foolish one, but you know what?, My God keeps me free of thatchit, cuz He promised to, when He went to the cross. I believed it, and my faith was honored. Faith comes by hearing, and by hearing the Word of God. Read what the disciples were doing at the time of Jesus,not His real name, and what they were charged to do after Jesus ascended to take His place at the Right hand of His Father, YHWH is His name. Only a fool has said in his heart; "there is no God" , and the fools go down to the pit, to await Judgement Day, then the Second Death,namely; the Lake of Fire.
Get on God's side and say goodbye to thatchit; He created you, and He knows how He designed your body to work, and He knows exactly how to fix it. But you gotta get on His side.
Yeah so I'd say good luck, but luck has nothing to do with it.
Here's the best I got for you, a blessing every Believer, in their own words, should practice;
May your Creator God Almighty, YHWH is His name, have MERCY on you, and open your understanding to see the truth in the atoning Blood of Jesus(not His real name),and to remove the veil between you and His Word,that you might come to the saving knowledge of His finished work on the cross, and that you might receive a measure of Faith,and the promises of God- YHWH is His name, given to the obedient Children of Abraham thru Jacob and Isaac, over 2millennia ago.
Get your Faith. Get with the program. And bind those evil spirits and cast them straight into outer darkness, the thing they fear the most. Do not talk to them, do not listen to them,do not preach to them; there is nothing you can tell them that they don't already know as most of them are at least 4500 years old. There are many thousands of them
And as to demons, there are millions of them.
so get started.
time is running out.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot; where is this outter darkness?,lol. thinkaboutit.

Last edited:
Sounds like some of you are talking about night terrors. My mom was a horrible human being, just mean and nasty. My father passed when I was fourteen and I left home, I'm sixty two now and my mother passed four years ago. She always came to me in my dreams wielding a knife, I could see and move my eyes cause I had my clock set up so I could see it laying on my side, I was paralyzed, she kept stabbing at me but only got so close, it only lasted a few seconds And I would jump out of bed. They stopped when she died. The brain can do very weird and scary ****. No Doctors or drugs ever helped. I hope things get better for you ramenth.

Jeff

For about 10 years off and on I had the same nightmare. I would see a black shadowy figure coming down from the ceiling towards me. I would usually wake myself up sort of howling with fright. A couple of times my wife woke up hearing me howl and nudged me to wake up. It was some scary ****. I'm 55 years old now and the last one was probably 5 years ago.

Never could figure out a reason. I've had a pretty good life (thank God) so no tragic stuff. There was a house we bought when I was stationed in Connecticut. One night I heard two noises coming from the basement which was directly under the master bedroom. First I heard what sounded like a barbell weight hitting the floor then wobbling round and round faster and faster until it laid flat, then the same night, it sounded like something ran into a box of cans. But we didn't have a weight bench or a box of cans. I took my dog and my 9 mm down but nothing was out of place. I think the recurring nightmares started before that. Glad they stopped.

The mind is a powerful thing. And AJ, I totally understand where you're coming from. I'm a believer.

Not sure where your faith lies but this worked for me. Went through the house in every room and prayed for protection from demonic forces and any one or thing that would would want to bring harm to me or my family. It has worked well as Father God has protected us. This was like 7 years ago.

When Jesus left this Earth, He left us with the Holy Spirit, and a mandate to do Greater things than He did. God Almighty and His Son are no longer on this Earth, but rather are sitting on their thrones in their Holy Place, looking down on us below, on the circle of the Earth, and we appear as grasshoppers to Him. hat is from Isiah I think.
We have to have Faith and we are supposed to do the work... in the Son's name. We cannot do the works without Faith, and Faith is dead without works. This has nothing to do with Salvation so don't confuse the two. These two have a symbiotic relationship. And you only need a tiny bit of Faith, as Jesus said whoever has the faith of a mustard seed, can move a mountain. When a person invites Jesus to be Lord in their life, that person is given a measure of faith. Some plant the measure in their soul and reap multiple measures. And some ground is stony, and the seed never takes root.Let not that person think his salvation is secure for even what little he has will be taken away. There is a plan that was put into effect just over 2000 years ago. Follow it and your entrance into the NewKingdom is assured. Be a pew-warmer and hear the words of the Son; " I never knew you".
After I had my first encounter with the "night terrors", I had already been a Believer for something like 14 years and a Christian for 6 more on top of that, having been baptized in year 1994. Hyup I was a pew warmer for about 6 years.
But of course the first time they come, it's like WTH, I thought I was immune! But even Believers are not immune, in fact those black-punks are a test to see how we handle ourselves. Believers will be tested by God as it is written. Count it all glory to be tested cuz God has you on His radar.
So the second time, I had done some reaearch, which showed that we could "resist the devil and he will flee from you". Ok but how do I resist? Answer; I am to bind them using the proper name of Jesus(not His real name), and cast them into outter darkness. Ok so on the second encounter, I was just able to squeek out Gee-sus. But I had to repeat it several times, and then, poof they were gone.
Great I thought that will be the end of it.
But it wasn't, they came a third time. By this time; I had wanted to know why it had taken so much work to squeek out Jesus. And the answer came to me that Jesus was not the son's name, but a gross miss-translation in the KJV. And I had sorta figured out that all the other names for the Son were wrong too, but the closest I could find was Yeshuwa. So on the third occasion I whispered that and got instant relief, but immediately I bound them, as instructed in the Word. Then I preached to them what I was gonna do if they came back. But I made a mistake; I cast them out, but didn't send them to any place specific.
So of course they returned.
The next time they came it was into my dreams, and I knew I was dreaming. Well said I, if I'm dreaming, can't I do anything in my dreams? And yes is the answer. There is no gravity when you don't want it, so you can fly, or walk or turn twigs into massive weapons, or perhaps whatever you can imagine. One thing was for sure, I was no longer paralyzed, and I was no longer afraid. Cuz I had the name, and I had the Faith, and I knew the procedure. In my dreams I knew I was dreaming, and I knew just what to do. And so I did it in the name of Yashuwah this time, bound them up and cast them into outter datkness. Poof, I woke up. And Man-Oh-Man was my faith increased.
Now, the Bible says that when you do this,then that spirit will wander the dry places and find seven (or ten I forget) like-minded and more evil, spirits, and will return to you, and if he finds your your temple empty, as in you didn't put something into the place where the evil-spirit was, then they will all jump in there and make it so much worse for you. So I filled up my house with the Word of God, and when they returned, I hit 'em hard, and I ain't seen 'em in over a year.
But getting back to blessing a house, yes you can ask God to bless it, but our prayers have to go thru the second heaven to get to the door to God's throne room...... and guess who owns the second heaven,hyup that is satan's domain.
Now recall that one of the greatest Prayer Warriors of all time, Daniel, Had the answer to his prayer stalled for 21 days, by the Prince of Persia, and it was only with the help of the Greatest ArchAngel, Michael, that the answer was delivered to Daniel.
So, IDK how this works for us; if the prayers get stalled on the way up, or they get stalled on the way down, whatever, the Greatest Prayer Warrior of all time, had his prayer stalled for 21days; how much longer will my prayers be stalled? IDK, said I, but I need relief right now.
So then, I personally, flesh and bone,according to my mandate from the leaving Son,Yashuwah is is name, went thru every room in my house and using the name, commanded those rooms as off-limits to any thing not of flesh and bone. Then for good measure, I loosed two Warrior-class Angels Tall and Mighty, to come down every night and guard my family, my house and everything that God has generously allowed me to be a steward of........
And it's been whisper quiet around here for about 13 months maybe more.

So yeah Science calls it night terrors, but Science has been corrupted and Yashuwah says it is " science falsely so called" . That's good enough for me.

Now, IDK if the Son's name is Yashuwah or something else, but My experience is that it worked instantly. And it works on everything that I have introduced it to.heehee; Including arthritis, headaches, gout, diabetes,runny noses, whatever. So, I am no longer afraid of the diseases of the Gentiles.If they come to me, I will deal with them in the same way. I was promised threescore and ten years; four score if by reason of good health. I'm claiming my 4 score, and then just like Moses, who was 130 and no feebleness in him, I'm going up the mountain to die; so to speak. If the world as we know it still exists at that time, no laughing matter. Every Believer should come to the same conclusion, if they study the Word.

Btw, I should tell you something;
In order for a Believer to receive forgiveness, we must first forgive others.
It's true that you can receive your Salvation just by asking, but it seems that you have to work to keep it, like Paul says "work out your Salvation". I know this may be contrary to what you may have been taught. But you will find this in 1st John I think, where he says that our belief gives us the power to become sons of God. To become is future tense. If you die at that moment or soon after without having committed any new sins, then , just as the thief on the cross was promised Paradise, so are you. But if you return to your old ways, and do not repent, then basically you are thumbing your nose at the finished work of the cross, making it of no effect, therefore God says he will make it ten times harder for you to return to your former status. So bottom line is yes you could lose your Salvation, making the doctrine of, once saved always saved, a false doctrine, and a tradition of men. There are many more, search them out for yourselves. The KJV is full of devices designed to lull pew-warming, waiting-for-the-rapture,Christians to sleep and to miss their ship.
So; now you got "A" name, if not the exact name, it surely works like it, and now you have the plan. All you need is some faith, to get it done. And Faith comes by hearing, and by hearing the Word of God.
Three more things you gotta know,#1) there is something special about hearing. As in the connection to your spirit is different for hearing than for seeing; therefore is hearing repeated. #2) Faith in anything, comes by hearing. So if your grade school teacher says there were dinosaurs millions and millions of years ago, you might believe that. And if your grade-school teacher says the earth is a globe, you might believe that. And some teacher says the stars are billions of lightyears away, you might believe that.And if somebody tells you that you are evolved from slime, you might believe that. The point is this; from ears to faith is a direct link. and that introduces #3) read your Bible out loud if you want Faith, or get someone to read it to you. God says he has placed a veil between us and the Word. IMO, the way around the veil is by hearing. It sure as heck made a difference to my Faith. You cannot fight the enemy with thoughts, you have to SPEAK. Hearing and Speaking are your weapons. Get Faith, speak into the spirit dimension. Forgive everybody all the time, without exception and confess Yashuwah before men, that He may confess you before God. You wanna be on God's radar?, confess the Son before men. The Holy Spirit is listening and searching for the Word of God to be Spoken.
Hear and Speak.

you havent been engaging in any yoga has you ?
what most westerners refuse to admit is that the very essence of yoga is to open your min up to demonic forces and get them to "yoke" with you, you are basically opening a door allowing demons to enter your mind

if you're doing yoga then dollars to donuts what you are experiencing is demonic oppression (or manifestation, if they are only bugging you in your dreams)

My yoga instructor showed up drunk once...

It put me in an awkward position...

Not sure where your faith lies but this worked for me. Went through the house in every room and prayed for protection from demonic forces and any one or thing that would would want to bring harm to me or my family. It has worked well as Father God has protected us. This was like 7 years ago.

If I thought it was demonic...

They weren't. Strictly mental. My mind affected by things out of the past that I thought I had dealt with.

-
Back