Fred Brewer heads

-

Bigdummy

Not a Nova
Reaction score
I got a friend who's has some for sale.Heads ,valve covers,T&d,offset roller lifters,and tall deck pushrods.He sold everything else and can make a few calls to help find an intake.He said 4500 obo.Less Adams 8179469976

Just figured I'd mention it cause you racers would know they will build hp.
Not accutually heads but same look.

I have a local friend who has a few sets. They are badass. They were the standard in Pro Stock for many years with the big blocks.

That pic is a 4.380 bore 4.25 stroke 6.635 Chevy rods runs 5.30 with water leaking in and on the out side of the heads...we ported the a little too much.Just think if they weren't leaking in the cylinder

I have a local friend who has a few sets. They are badass. They were the standard in Pro Stock for many years with the big blocks.

FBS heads were never run in Pro Stock. How do I know? I've talked to Fred Brewer many times on the phone in the '90s when ordering my heads from him, and met him a couple different times at Heartland park to sell him 401 cores.

Are you thinking of B1's?

Anybody have an intake for these? I don't care if a tunnel ram or single 4. Low deck. Thanks

FBS heads were never run in Pro Stock. How do I know? I've talked to Fred Brewer many times on the phone in the '90s when ordering my heads from him, and met him a couple different times at Heartland park to sell him 401 cores.

Are you thinking of B1's?

No. I know exactly what I am talking and thinking of. We HAVE an old pro stock racer locally who used to race them. The heads I am referring to came from the mid 1970s.

This is a conversation between Dan Dvorak and my friend Rodney Byrd who bought the heads and intake in question from Dan. They were originally made FOR Pro Stock. Call Dvorak yourself. He will tell you all about them.

http://www.moparstyle.com/forums/showthread.php?4725-Brewer-bb-cylinder-heads

Fred Brewer didn't start on his head design until some time in the mid '80s. You're thinking of something else.

I can dig out my original brochure and scan it if you'd like.

No. I know exactly what I am talking and thinking of. We HAVE an old pro stock racer locally who used to race them. The heads I am referring to came from the mid 1970s.

This is a conversation between Dan Dvorak and my friend Rodney Byrd who bought the heads and intake in question from Dan. They were originally made FOR Pro Stock. Call Dvorak yourself. He will tell you all about them.

http://www.moparstyle.com/forums/showthread.php?4725-Brewer-bb-cylinder-heads

That thread is from 2008-09...I was doing business with Fred in the '90s.

I am very familiar with the date since I KNOW Rodney and can go PUT MY HANDS on the heads. They were designed after the AMC pro stock heads for the big block Chrysler for pro stock. These particular heads were cast back in the mid to late 70s. They are capable of flowing 500 CFM.

I am very familiar with the date since I KNOW Rodney and can go PUT MY HANDS on the heads. They were designed after the AMC pro stock heads for the big block Chrysler for pro stock. These particular heads were cast back in the mid to late 70s. They are capable of flowing 500 CFM.

You're thinking of the Booth-Maskin head. NOT THE SAME HEAD.

Fred Brewer didn't have any of his heads available until the late '80s.

Besides...the late '70s Pro Stock was ruled by small blocks. The big blocks didn't return until 1982.

Nope. These are Brewer heads. Man, I know what I am talking about. Dig up whatever you want. It won't change anything.

Straight out of Rodney's shop. Even the ONE OFF Brewer head designed for stock rocker shafts.

Attachments

• BREWER1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 666
  • BREWER10.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 551
  • BREWER9.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 537
  • BREWER8.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 516
  • BREWER7.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 510
  • BREWER6.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 503
  • BREWER5.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 570
  • BREWER4.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 572
  • BREWER3.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 531
  • BREWER2.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 557
More. I think I know what Brewer heads look like. I have drooled on them enough.

Attachments

• BREWER11.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 525
  • BREWER12.jpg
    31.7 KB · Views: 502
  • BREWER13.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 499
  • BREWER14.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 553
Yeah, it's obvious from that 2008-09 thread that Mr. Byrd bought some FBS heads from Dvorak, but where you're wrong is that they were for '70s Pro Stock. Why? Because THEY DIDN'T EXIST UNTIL THE LATE '80S.

And the FBS heads were NEVER intended for Pro Stock. By the time Fred had his first few sets ready, Pro Stock was all about splayed valve layouts and aftermarket block bore spacings and patterns. He built them for sportsman and fast bracket guys that wanted to run an AMC or big block Chrysler.

And how do I know anything about FBS heads?

Because for one, I actually owned a set, and I actually talked to Fred Brewer himself many times, both on the phone and in person. I made 3 separate trips to Heartland Park delivering 401 cores to him for customer builds, and watched him race and hung out with him and his son at their pit area between rounds. I made a trip to Elgin, Oklahoma where his shop was and spent a few hours discussing my build and checking out his operation.

You can claim whatever you want, and BS like usual in an attempt to save face all you want.

Edit...Yes of course those are FBS heads, look like mine except mine were CNC ported and assembled. My advice - tell him to invest in a pressure check on them. Many sets leaked.

Save face? Over something trivial like WHEN they were made? Seriously? I couldn't care less when they were made. THERE THEY ARE. I told you he had some. He does. Sure, I could be wrong about the timeline. So what? I know what Brewer heads ARE.

Now, do you want to argue about how many balls a male mosquito has?

Wow that last valve pic had me scratching my head.(thinking, that valve must weigh a lot)
then i seen the other valve stem. looking at that huge valve seat.....which was the head of the other Valve :D:violent1:

Save face? Over something trivial like WHEN they were made? Seriously? I couldn't care less when they were made. THERE THEY ARE. I told you he had some. He does. Sure, I could be wrong about the timeline. So what? I know what Brewer heads ARE.

Now, do you want to argue about how many balls a male mosquito has?

Wow did you actually admit you were wrong? Little RustyRatRod is growing up.

I never doubted your friend had a set. My point was they are not, were not, were never intended to be a Pro Stock head. Whoever told your friend that was either misinformed himself or stretching the truth to make a sale.

Wow that last valve pic had me scratching my head.(thinking, that valve must weigh a lot)
then i seen the other valve stem. looking at that huge valve seat.....which was the head of the other Valve :D:violent1:

Yeah it was highly recommended that the buyer invest in the titanium valves

I never doubted your friend had a set. My point was they are not, were not, were never intended to be a Pro Stock head. Whoever told your friend that was either misinformed himself or stretching the truth to make a sale.

Absolutely I could be wrong. I've never had a problem admitting that. I am wrong all the damn time.

As far as the pro stock story, you can find it all over the internet. So it must be true, right?

Yeah it was highly recommended that the buyer invest in the titanium valves

? I don't think you got the humor. Erase the valve stem on the two butted together and you will see what i thought i saw.

Absolutely I could be wrong. I've never had a problem admitting that. I am wrong all the damn time.

As far as the pro stock story, you can find it all over the internet. So it must be true, right?

The pro stock story? It's a matter of historical fact.

? I don't think you got the humor. Erase the valve stem on the two butted together and you will see what i thought i saw.

Lol ok...didn't think much of it but yeah it would look like a massive margin if you didn't know the other valve was there.

That's a comparison of a 2.14" intake valve and the Brewer 2.35" intake valve.

Does this help?

Attachments

• BREWER10-1.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 470
-
Back