Fred Brewer heads

-
Those long *** valve stems remind me of one lung pump jack engine stuff.....

Need to put your glasses on.

LOL
Changing the valve/seat angle can change the way a port will flow, and that was what i was focused on.
Us your imagination and delete the 2nt valve stem. Make them two valve head into one valve face. Then you will see the hummer and why i thought WOW :wack:

Then i saw the 2nt valve stem, and had to laugh.:glasses7:

There is ZERO possibility that a Brewer head was EVER in Pro Stock. And there is even less of a chance they flow anywhere near 500 cfm. Not even close.

Now if you actually have a head, and want to pay me to flow it on a Flow Data 700 flow bench I will do it. If they hit 500 at 28" I will eat the flow and pay the freight back.

They never ran is PS unless Fred did it.

I would pay for a set of B-1's long before I even used a free set of Brewers.

There is a fairly well known CNC program that will produce 460 @ .900 lift with the Brewers. It's not hard to find info on.

Believe that was Jeff at Modern Cylinder Head IIRC..... taken too soon for sure.

Hey rusty, your buddy with the brewers. He doesn't have an intake does he? He interested in selling anything?

There is ZERO possibility that a Brewer head was EVER in Pro Stock. And there is even less of a chance they flow anywhere near 500 cfm. Not even close.

Now if you actually have a head, and want to pay me to flow it on a Flow Data 700 flow bench I will do it. If they hit 500 at 28" I will eat the flow and pay the freight back.

They never ran is PS unless Fred did it.

I would pay for a set of B-1's long before I even used a free set of Brewers.

on a local bench they flowed 451
I have another set that flowed 426 on the same bench
we have another set that where new untouched, and my local guy has already got 430 out of them and hasn't done a lot to them
I believe they will do everything that the b1's will, and it is kinda cool to have something a little different, (the creed of all Mopar people, I believe)

we have another set that where new untouched, and my local guy has already got 430 out of them and hasn't done a lot to them
I believe they will do everything that the b1's will, and it is kinda cool to have something a little different, (the creed of all Mopar people, I believe)

Have them pressure tested, trust me on this.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Dave Koffel B1 head developed for Pro Stock?
I thought that was the only inline valve head used in Pro Stock.

I thought the Brewer head started out on AMC's & then adapted to the Wedge MoPar block.

Friend of mine had some ZEEKER heads, that I thought Brewer had a hand in.

Hey rusty, your buddy with the brewers. He doesn't have an intake does he? He interested in selling anything?

Yes he has one. He might have more than one. I don't think he wants to sell, but I will ask next time I am at his shop.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't the Dave Koffel B1 head developed for Pro Stock?
I thought that was the only inline valve head used in Pro Stock.

I thought the Brewer head started out on AMC's & then adapted to the Wedge MoPar block.

Friend of mine had some ZEEKER heads, that I thought Brewer had a hand in.

My understanding was that the Brewer heads were designed after the Pro Stock AMC heads FOR Pro Stock. But that seems to be not the case.

As I said, they won't flow 500 without welding. 460 is a LONG way from 500.

I will also tell you that flow numbers are troubling when looking at HP output. Two heads can flow the same, but produce dramatically different power levels and power curves. So just because you have *** cfm doesn't mean you will get *** HP.

And they are leakers.

They won't run with a B-1, let alone a B-1MC. Just a fact. But I like the fact you want to be different. Nothing wrong with that.

As I said, they won't flow 500 without welding. 460 is a LONG way from 500.

I will also tell you that flow numbers are troubling when looking at HP output. Two heads can flow the same, but produce dramatically different power levels and power curves. So just because you have *** cfm doesn't mean you will get *** HP.

And they are leakers.

They won't run with a B-1, let alone a B-1MC. Just a fact. But I like the fact you want to be different. Nothing wrong with that.

I sold my setup before we got to assembly. I read up on leakage problems and made a couple calls, asked Fred to find a buyer for my set.

They have great velocity and flow, just the casting issues made them never really take off.

-
Back