-

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
Reaction score
And damn tasty

Where do you like your burgers from?

20240411_200149.jpg

20240411_195549.jpg

We have Freddies local here. Pretty good.

Hell, I'm old school still. I love a good Burger King Whopper if it's fresh off the broiler.

Five Guys although expensive is my favorite and their homemade French fries are fantastic. Growing up in the 60’s and 70’s McDonalds double cheeseburgers were fantastic and later in life we often stopped at Burger King’s along the Pa Turnpike. Both of their burgers are uneatable to me now. I will still go to McDonald’s for breakfast but that’s about it.

We have In and Out, Whataburger, Freddy's, Culver's plus the usual fast food. I prefer a "Big John" from Johnny Ray's. It's a local mom and pop drive through that hosts a cruise-in one night a month.

1712909078531.jpeg

1712908986207.jpeg

In N Out
Home cooked
2nded

if i'm on the fly and in-n-out isn't a total zoo i'll stop in. farmer boys gets a nod here too. it's not five guys spendy, but it's a little rich for just a burger and fries.

most of the time tho, i'll just make 'em at home. any excuse to fire up the grill!

To each his own.
I only grab fast food on the road. Even then I would rather stop at a sit down establishment and eat hopefully real food.

Hard to believe anyone over 30 would eat the junk they all serve anymore with any type of regularity
I rarely eat Red meat anymore, if I do I go to the butcher and get fresh meat and cook it myself.

We do have smashburgers here.
They supposedly have a large variety of food, to eat in or on the go.
There food is about as close to real food that I have found .

No Freddie's or In N' Out or Whataburger here. I prefer my grill but would go to any of these places if they were around.

1712920232337.png

Huntsville Tx is awesome

My all time favorite is the Whately Diner (after the town with the same name in Western Massachusetts).

Now if you are looking to explore the farthest reaches of your constitution; try the woo pig at Uncle Henry's in Sheridan Arkansas. I just tried one of the best Cuban sandwiches at a place called Havana Cafe in Eugene Oregon. Both are pork with more pork however!

We just got a Freddy's near where I work.

To me it's very similar to Steak And Shake, without the toasted bun.

I'll rate them a 7.

Good custard, though.

I've been on Culvers for a fast food burger.

They remind me of Wendy's before the changed their patty which I now find rubbery and bland.

Good fish and also good custard.

For a real burger with wide availability-

Denny's. Hand pattied.

When we were in SLC for my wife's side business, we ate at an In-n Out.

The line was backed up out of the parking lot.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what the attraction is.

IMO worse than McDonalds.

3 of the 4 people in my party didn't even half finish the burger.

Yuck.

Culvers is my favorite, but is 15 miles away. If I'm out by myself, I'll do a Smokey Park Hwy combo......stop at McDonalds and get a basket of fries, then go to Burger King and get a Whopper w/cheese Lettuce, Tomato and Mayo plus a Coke.

I wish some of you younger guys knew how good fast food used to be. Four cheeseburgers or five hamburgers for 1.00 and they were 100 times better than today. They took out all the good stuff that kills us and put in bad tasting stuff that kills us.

Freddys serves their burgers how I like em, mustard/onion/pickle, great spot.

We have Nations Giant Hamburgers m(best strawberry pie)here in Nor Cal, but I’m from So Cal, so I also have to mention Tommy’s. Best fast food chili burger hands down.

IMG_6825.jpeg

IMG_6826.jpeg

IMG_6827.jpeg

I wish some of you younger guys knew how good fast food used to be. Four cheeseburgers or five hamburgers for 1.00 and they were 100 times better than today. They took out all the good stuff that kills us and put in bad tasting stuff that kills us.
Growing up Dairy Queen had two for $2 hamburgers, and two for $3 cheeseburgers. They were so good. I tried a Dairy Queen burger last year and threw it in the trash after 1 bite. Tasted like microwaved failure.

When we were in SLC for my wife's side business, we ate at an In-n Out.

The line was backed up out of the parking lot.

For the life of me, I can't figure out what the attraction is.

IMO worse than McDonalds.

3 of the 4 people in my party didn't even half finish the burger.

Yuck.
I am not really into in and out either.

We got our in and out location here in Colorado springs, Co at the end of 2020 and it was on the news and everyone made a huge deal out of it.

I tried it and i don't understand the hype. Its....Oook but I enjoyed the stop at freddys so much more, even sonic is my go-to long before in and out.

-
Back