Freds 73 Scamp restore on a budget

-
20200516_124056.jpg
Been working on my car just no internet at home till the end of the month. Grill is in and adding the silver and figuring out what I like, and so far I like it. Dash is in and everything is ready for a road trip other than the windshield and back glass to be installed. working on the kids plane and at work right now using my cell phone and keep hitting the wrong button. ****....

View attachment 1715530894 Been working on my car just no internet at home till the end of the month. Grill is in and adding the silver and figuring out what I like, and so far I like it. Dash is in and everything is ready for a road trip other than the windshield and back glass to be installed. working on the kids plane and at work right now using my cell phone and keep hitting the wrong button. ****....
Good to see you back. Keep plugging away you are almost there and you have a beautiful car,Joe

Welcome back, I knew you could do it. Car is lookin better by the minute!

Well guys I took the Scamp on a test drive yesterday, about 10 miles. Yahoo..... Happy camper I am. Will try and get a vedio when I can.

Man that is great after all your hard work! Bet she ran well and I know it really looks great.

Congratulations, now the fun begins! I know they are never done but dang!

Well guys I took the Scamp on a test drive yesterday, about 10 miles. Yahoo..... Happy camper I am. Will try and get a vedio when I can.
Good for you Fred. Glad you're back on FABO. Hope your kids are better. Fargo is getting hit hard with covid.

0_20200519_175301.jpg
?
0_20200603_180606.jpg
tail painted and top of the wings so getting close to being done

20200530_090848.jpg
20200530_090848.jpg
Scamp runs good the torque is amazing. I am real happy with my Blue Print engine.

Thats not the same color on the plane and the scamp is it? lol Love the stance on your ride.

Thats not the same color on the plane and the scamp is it? lol Love the stance on your ride.
Nope different color on the plane and single stage metallic as well. Pain in the back side to paint but what the he'll not gonna see my screw ups from 1,000 feet in the air. Lol

View attachment 1715530894 Been working on my car just no internet at home till the end of the month. Grill is in and adding the silver and figuring out what I like, and so far I like it. Dash is in and everything is ready for a road trip other than the windshield and back glass to be installed. working on the kids plane and at work right now using my cell phone and keep hitting the wrong button. ****....
Are those grille lights stock? If not, where did ya get them? Brother in law needs a set for a 74 scamp

Takes a few re-tightening and heat cycles sometimes.
Yea your right Charlie that's what I'm doing and almost got it stopped. You been doing any work? Had a few jobs but slowing down again.

-
Back