Freds 73 Scamp restore on a budget

-
Yea not cheap but any place I looked was not cheap. I still have to cavity wax the inner panels and put the tail stripes on but no hurry should be done completely buy next summer. Kinda burnt out working on it and the plane.
I hear ya. Seams like you are so close. Dont stop now.

Yea TMI low back seats hopping they will be here in 2 weeks been over 3 weeks since I ordered them.
You'll like them! They look great and are just as comfortable!
IMG_20190530_195402.jpg

it's not at night you need to worry about the lights Fred, it's in bright sunlight during the day that tinted lenses obscure the lights the most.
neil.
Your right and didn't tint them that dark. You can see them just fine in the light. 2 coats is all I put on. Side markers have 3 coats.

20200707_160211.jpg
Bought a few cans of this and for now sprayed it in the doors inner 1/4s and will do the inner frame rails and rockers.

20200707_160248.jpg
Put the sound deaden-er in the rest of the interior so waiting for new seats and get the hood painted then just about done.

Back in the day I put hinges on the package tray speakers to access the trunk. Past the statute of limitations now!

Down to my last get out of jail free card, but call me if you need it.

Just when I think you got it all going on, you find a way to make it better than new. Good stuff.

Back in the day I put hinges on the package tray speakers to access the trunk. Past the statute of limitations now!
We used to put a case of longnecks under the package shelf and access the beer thru the fake rear seat speaker...

All this talk of hiding stuff, reminds me of when I was 16. Had a 65 mustang 3 speed stick. My buddies and I would cruise around and smoke pot. If the cops pulled you over and had a joint we had to eat it. (Next to impossible)
So besides the under dash fresh air stash bin, I took the screws out of the shifter boot on the floor hump to dispose of "Stuff" before we got pulled over Makes me think of the old Cheech and Chong scene in "Up in Smoke "

All this talk of hiding stuff, reminds me of when I was 16. Had a 65 mustang 3 speed stick. My buddies and I would cruise around and smoke pot. If the cops pulled you over and had a joint we had to eat it. (Next to impossible)
So besides the under dash fresh air stash bin, I took the screws out of the shifter boot on the floor hump to dispose of "Stuff" before we got pulled over Makes me think of the old Cheech and Chong scene in "Up in Smoke "
LOL AL sounds like when I had my rusty old Dart, everything went through the rust holes in the floor.

20200709_135858.jpg
20200709_135929.jpg
not much going on today waxed the Scamp for the first time getting it ready for a car show. Not done yet but gonna have some fun.
Washed the plane and mowed the yard that's about it. Waiting for beer time next. Lol

Cool shots! Not many posts where you see a plane and mopar muscle restored....beautifully!
Kudos Fred, make sure to have 2 or more.:thumbsup:

-
Back