Freds 73 Scamp restore on a budget

-
Not much to do today everything is covered up while I painted my tranny.
20191018_160121.jpg

I had a few beers and got stupid while clear coating.
20191018_133847 (1).jpg
20191018_160317.jpg
Well what the heck Iv'e had the old Tee handle forever and found a use for it. See what happens when an old man has nothing better to do than be stupid. lol

I am not a fan of blankets, they hold the heat in.

Scatter shield just covers the converter and pan.

Scatter shield just covers the converter and pan.
I'm getting close to putting in the engine and tranny and is easy the hard part for me is figuring out the bolt on parts like mounts, flex plate and a few other things that I lack in knowledge.
Good to have all you guys around to keep me from screwing up to bad and have to take it apart and do it right the 2nd or 3rd time.

I have a 73 Duster, so if you need any pics I can take them.
Most stuff only goes together one way.

I have a 73 Duster, so if you need any pics I can take them.
Most stuff only goes together one way.
Most of my problem is getting the right part. Like now trying to figure out the flex plate to work on a 360 Magnum engine that has been stroked and fit a 904 tranny with a 340 torque converter.

Ask blueprint which flex plate to use, they have some weird balance in their engines.

20191020_192955.jpg
Waiting for the right motor mounts and flex plate but I'm ready to go just shipping and getting the right parts suck.

Most of my problem is getting the right part. Like now trying to figure out the flex plate to work on a 360 Magnum engine that has been stroked and fit a 904 tranny with a 340 torque converter.
Coming along nicely!
Flexplate need a to be LA 360. Not magnum. Fyi.
Damper is magnum balance.

Pardon my crappy phone typing. Lol

Check your converter pattern, and also that your converter doesn't have weights. But should be this one for a 904

B&M Flexplates 10239

20191021_165007.jpg
Painted trunk lid hinges today you think I would have been smart enough to paint them first but NO.

When bolting on the flex plate, I always match the holes up with the T/C and mark one hole on plate and the lug on the T/C as there is on off set . Easy to line up then and bolt up the first time. But you probably already know that.
Ya looking Good Fred !

When bolting on the flex plate, I always match the holes up with the T/C and mark one hole on plate and the lug on the T/C as there is on off set . Easy to line up then and bolt up the first time. But you probably already know that.
Ya looking Good Fred !
Been a long time so good to remind me or I'd be taking it apart again. lol

Well not much going on today. Thanks to body person he found engine mounts so waiting to here from Johnny Mac on if I can use my stock flex plate and 2500 stall converter out of my 340 904 set up. I tell ya guys if it wasn't for all your help I would be dead in the water wondering what to do.

re the trans blanket holding heat and not having room for a scattershield, you could make a blanket from 'chainmail' you know the stuff 'knights of old' used to wear. it'd wrap the trans well, hold parts in if it had to and being a kind of mesh it'd let heat out. sounds dumb and feel free to ignore me if you like but i have had stranger ideas :thumbsup:
neil.

re the trans blanket holding heat and not having room for a scattershield, you could make a blanket from 'chainmail' you know the stuff 'knights of old' used to wear. it'd wrap the trans well, hold parts in if it had to and being a kind of mesh it'd let heat out. sounds dumb and feel free to ignore me if you like but i have had stranger ideas :thumbsup:
neil.
M
My boys were making chainmail when they lived at home real easy to do as I remember.
Really not a bad idea Neal.
How you doing by the way good I hope.

-
Back