Freds 73 Scamp restore on a budget

-
Gonna be nice when you get more work done on yours I know that will be a great build.
I don't know about great. Kind of loosing my anal-ity (did I just make a new word?) It would be nice to just drive her again. It wont be as nice as yours. That's for sure.

Not really doing a build thread on mine. Just posting some pics here and there. Keep up the good work, hope you have a heated shop to keep it progressing this winter.
My shop has heat but hard to keep it warm at 20 below.
Post some pics my way if you can on your build.

I don't know about great. Kind of loosing my anal-ity (did I just make a new word?) It would be nice to just drive her again. It wont be as nice as yours. That's for sure.
Like I said before pictures always look better than the real thing and I know you will do a great job.

I guess I should start my own resto thread when I get time. I will have to back track. I don't want to clutter yours with my junk, lol. Heres a pic of where I'm at now.
20190913_154332.jpg

That's all ya get, lol.
Keep an eye out for my thread .

I guess I should start my own resto thread when I get time. I will have to back track. I don't want to clutter yours with my junk, lol. Heres a pic of where I'm at now.
View attachment 1715409089
That's all ya get, lol.
Looks good Al I think you and I are about in the same spot on our build.
Love the color and just a bit of the wheel showing but looks like the ones I'm thinking of putting on mine.

Wheels are the same as the ones on my Van. Tourqe thrust with gray spokes. A little over a $100 apiece. 15 x6 on front and 16x8 on the rear. I can get you the seller's site if you like em. They have all kinds.

Wheels are the same as the ones on my Van. Tourqe thrust with gray spokes. A little over a $100 apiece. 15 x6 on front and 16x8 on the rear. I can get you the seller's site if you like em. They have all kinds.
If you have time yea.
What engine and tranny are you putting in?

I had a freshly rebuilt 360 from 5 years ago sitting in the garage I plan on using, along with a 4spd that came with the cars I bought and a 3.23 8 3/4 rear.

I had a freshly rebuilt 360 from 5 years ago sitting in the garage I plan on using, along with a 4spd that came with the cars I bought and a 3.23 8 3/4 rear.
Good combo will be good cruising gears. I'm running 4.10 and with the Gear Vendor puts me at 3.22 if I remember.

20191017_132642.jpg
20191017_155552.jpg
20191017_162739.jpg
Cleaned the tranny and epoxy primed today. should be base cleared tomorrow.

View attachment 1715409089
That's all ya get, lol.
Damn. Who needs **** when I can go on here and see stuff like this?

Hey, can't help it.. I find old tranny's sexy. I never thought I'd write that sentence out, but take that however you choose :)
Yea I like car parts also they make me happy to see them restored.

Comin along Fred. Good job. What kind if any floor mods are necessary for the GV unit?

Comin along Fred. Good job. What kind if any floor mods are necessary for the GV unit?
Well working on that, so far just a few hammer marks in the tunnel is what I've been told. I ran it thinking it needed to be lower than stock but I was wrong.

Well working on that, so far just a few hammer marks in the tunnel is what I've been told. I ran it thinking it needed to be lower than stock but I was wrong.
Did you find any drawbacks to the gear vender? I think we discussed this but I forget. Something about revers or something. IDK, maybe someone else.

Did you find any drawbacks to the gear vender? I think we discussed this but I forget. Something about revers or something. IDK, maybe someone else.
We talked about it and yes reverse. If you do away with the computer and run it on Manuel than you best not have it in over drive when you put it in reverse you will toast the over drive. But easy to fix on an automatic. I like it,been running it for 2 years and no problems so far and will handle more HP than I'll ever put in front of it.

-
Back