Freds 73 Scamp restore on a budget

-
To much paint on one side of the plane will cause an issue I'm guessing within a few lbs.

In addition to total weight, there's also a balance issue for all aircraft.
I spent a lot of years in the aerospace industry and the final few years were spent in sales and marketing of portable electronic aircraft scales.
All aircraft have to be weighed every few years to verify the center of gravity (CG) is still within the specified envelope. Every change made to the aircraft can effect the CG - seating layouts, re-engine, paint, instrumentation, weapon loads, etc.
For instance, the CG of an F-16 has to be within a 16"-long envelope along the centerline of the aircraft. Helicopters are also especially critical.
CG is critical on a helicopter.
The design team at work had a miss calculation on the CG on a new experiment helo.
First hover I thought it was comming down, it was all over the place.

20190919_153130.jpg
Fenders done Just sit this one on and will be taking it back off to install the engine that is coming from Blueprint engines that was shipped out today.
On a budget went out the window The engine was 8 grand, front suspension was 3 grand, Gear vendor over drive was 3 grand, new tranny was ??? something don't remember, rear end was I don't remember, and body and paint was at least 3 grand so far. I would have to say will be 30 grand into it.
Thank God I'm not married my wife would kill me. LOL

Scamps rule! Lotta money but it's gonna be super nice and it shouldn't depreciate! I'm living vicariously through you. Really enjoying it. Thanks, Steve
Hope to have it at Mopars in the park next year in your State so hope to see you there.

That would be great. I drove mine around the block the other day. First time in 10 years. Hoping mine will be ready too!
will have a cold beer ready for ya when you get there even if we don't get our cars there.

View attachment 1715396327 Fenders done Just sit this one on and will be taking it back off to install the engine that is coming from Blueprint engines that was shipped out today.
On a budget went out the window The engine was 8 grand, front suspension was 3 grand, Gear vendor over drive was 3 grand, new tranny was ??? something don't remember, rear end was I don't remember, and body and paint was at least 3 grand so far. I would have to say will be 30 grand into it.
I'll say it again, you're an artist. Michelangelo would be in awe.

20190922_065438 (1).jpg
20190922_090338.jpg
20190922_131454.jpg
Took Sunday off from working on my car and me and my son flew from Minot ND to Kalispell MT. a 1400 mile trip and had lunch with a FABO member and flew back home. So now I got to get back on my car and get going on it because the engine will be here in a few days.

View attachment 1715396327 Fenders done Just sit this one on and will be taking it back off to install the engine that is coming from Blueprint engines that was shipped out today.
Your car looks great. And like others said less than a new car.

Kinda at a standstill now ran out of money to buy parts so just looking at the car and trying to decide on interior color. Sublime one gave me a nice set of bucket seats so gonna redo them. Thanks John your a good friend.

20191011_082613.jpg
20191011_082644.jpg
Had a bunch of anodized nuts and bolts and thinking of using them instead of painting the factory ones looks cleaner to me and won't chip the paint when putting them in.

20191011_082722.jpg
This is the factory sunroof seal that attaches to the roof lip.

20191011_083001.jpg
I can't get a new one so been trying to come up with something that will work. this sunroof seal is off a BMW and the closest thing I can find so far but not tall enough so I attached it to the sliding lid and still not tall enough so might have to trim the metal lip so the seal sits up higher. Not really wanting to do that but running out of options.

-
Back