Free Nitrogen For My Tires

-

superchargeddrt

Reaction score
Just thought I'd share this. Just obtained a nitrogen generator for my garage. These are used on a piece of equipment that my company sells to measure Mercury. Basically it's a permeation tube that separates nitrogen and oxygen. There are no electrical parts inside. I told my wife I was going to use the nitrogen Port the fill my tires and connect the exhaust which is pure oxygen to a hose outside and create an oxygen bar LOL. Just thought you guys might find it interesting.
IMG_20160628_190805843-480x640.jpg

Last edited:
Well.......just as long as you're not plannin on runnin the engine "xxxxxx miles to the gallon" on the excess O2 LMFAO

Yeh OK. whatever, 30 mpg, ................ri........eeeeeeetttt

DOT isnt gonna let you ship any pressurized oxygen anywhere. I cant even fly a pony bottle(scuba) unless the valve is removed.

You could always fill up at the phone companies pressure bottles that are bolted to the telephone poles...oops, did I say that? BTW, they have a clip on chuck already on them to hook to the pressurized cable. How long does it take to fill a small 40 cubic foot bottle with N with that rig?

You could always fill up at the phone companies pressure bottles that are bolted to the telephone poles...oops, did I say that? BTW, they have a clip on chuck already on them to hook to the pressurized cable. How long does it take to fill a small 40 cubic foot bottle with N with that rig?
It wouldn't take long, it's connected to my compressor and it fills my tires with nitrogen just as fast as it would with air. I would imagine a 40 pound nitrogen bottle wouldn't take too long to fill.

Nitrogen is inert, so there is far less corrosion to metal components, ie rims and valve stems. Plus N is supposed to be a physically larger so its not supposed to leak out as fast...? As for the telco bottles, they are regulated to 5-8 psi so they are not going to fill up anything short of a basketball.

-
Back