Fresh air vents in an AC car.

-

Clelan

Inferno Red Duster
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is all referencing 74 Dusters. My original car that is now a parts car is a non AC car. I stripped it out and am now assembling the car I purchased that was disassembled which is an AC car. I am installing the factory AC underdash components.

I went to put in the fresh air vent on the drivers side and there is no hole in the cowl for it. Is this correct? Did the AC cars have no fresh air vent on the driver's side? Should I put it in? I would just have to cut a hole in the cowl and screw it in place as the factory did. Has anyone done this?

Cley

If I were to start over I would cut out the cowl opening and replace with no holes sheet metal then normal fix a patch. Cowl openings are greatest cause for interior water leaks and rusted floorboards. Aftermarket air conditioners recycle interior air. Not a bad thing. Probably not what you wanted to hear. Just saying.

Too far along for that. I just want to know if there is any down side to putting the fresh air vent in the drivers side. I like lots of fresh breeze on a nice cool day!

Cley

I have to agree with those who say count you blessings. The fresh air vents are water leaks. If you're in motion the first time its opened in spring, wear safety glasses so the dirt, pine needles, other debris, doesn't get in your eyes.

-
Back