Fresh Blood

-

George R

Mopar Nutcase
Reaction score
Hi All--

New here..... I just flew in from a Corvette web site.
Long story short, I sold my 72 Vette and stumbled upon a real clean 69 340 Swinger hardtop. Car has 3 speed wipers, PS, PB, Auto, am radio, Gold with black gut, black Bee stripe. From California the car has zero rust, but it was disassembled by the previous owner. I bought it complete, only it's in about 200 pieces. Anyway, its a numbers match motor/trans/sheetmetal car.

Looking forward to making some friends, and getting some help restoring this old car back to its former glory. I'll have about a billion questions to ask ya's.

My real name is George, but my buddies call me Pasta. Yes, I'm Italian.. LOL
If anyone is from the CT area, shoot me an email.

Pasta

69 Dart Swinger 340 004 (Small).jpg

George,

I am in New Fairfield - where are you? The timing of your post is great as I found a 1969 last week at a junkyard and I am hoping to get it next week. It is one piece .....if you can call it that!

Kory

Hi George,
Welcome to the mopar a-body church :)
You'll find the path to mopar heaven a long one.
Parts blessings can be farther between, and more expensive
than those between a man and bowtie heaven.
May you never regret your choise to follow the pentastar.
Tell us about your plans.... a concours restore ?
A better than the original street and strip ?

welcome!!! that swinger in 200 pieces is worth way more than a complete vette, imo. keep us posted with progress. another mopar saved from infinite "i'll restore it someday, parts across the garage" kinda people. good purchase pasta.

Whazzup Rigatoni..ha, ha.

Welcome dude, and that looks like a great start into the Mopar scene.

Mamma, mia, you will have fun with that 340...

wheels27.jpg

George!! Glad to see another Vett man jump in and enjoy a great A bodie.
We have some of the best of the best here.
Keep us posted on your direction of that 69 swinger.
So jump on in and enjoy.

Welcome, let me ask you from someone who has an A body Mopar and always wanted a Corvette shark, why did you get rid of it and did you like ir, any dislikes? Thank you..

Quick question....

Were rally wheels an option in 1969?
I'm thinking of getting a set of 5.5" steel wheels and painting them black with chrome lugs and redline radial tires. I only have one of those wheels as my spare, so I'd need 3 more.

Pasta

Lets see if I can hit all the answers in one post.
I grew up in Bridgeport, but live in Trumbull now close to the Monroe line. Good luck with yours Kory; I haven't seen any cars older than about 1990 in a junkyard in about 20 years!

Redfish, I'm TRYING to restore the cat to as close to factory as I can, but there are no restoration books to use as a guide for a Mopar. I'm cleaning off undercarriage parts and finding the original finishes and inspection marks that I can duplicate, but because I didn't take the body apart (especially the engine compartment) I'm trying to find pictures of original Darts and there aren't too many original ones out there anymore.

71Dartguy, yes it will go back to the original gold with stock black interior and black stripe. The original upholstery is still in great shape and no tears in the vinyl. Only things inside the car that I need to replace are 3 arm rests (that is if the car came with rear seat armrests, I have none of those at all), the carpeting and the headliner/sunvisors.

Redfastback, I sure hope you're right. All I've seen sell on eBay only seem to sell got about $15-$17K. I got over $22K for my Vette, and the wife is hoping I can do that again. I've seen GTS cars sell for over $20, but not Swinger 340 cars. Opinions? (damn, that Cuda of yours is NICE!)

Adriver, that was one of the reasons the Vette had to go; I have TWO young boys, and Corvette only has ONE passenger seat.

Memike, did you have a Corvette too? This was my second Vette. First was a Monaco Orange L46 with black gut, and this one was a Mille red 72 base engine car. Both were 4 speeds. The buyer picked this one up at my house last Saturday here in CT and drove it to IL! That was a great running Vette.

340Wedge, I love Vettes and always will. I'm a Mopar guy AND a Vette guy, but the time was right to sell the Vette. I've had it for almost 10 years and had grown bored with it. While it was for sale, I recieved an email about this 340 car, and coundn't wait for the Vette to sell so I could go get the Dart. The day after the Vette sold, I rented a trailer and went to get the Dart in PA. Dislikes? ummmmmm other Vette people with BB's or converts or midyears that look down their noses at a base engine SB shark coupe. THAT was the biggest dislike about Corvettes.

Quick question....

Were rally wheels an option in 1969?
I'm thinking of getting a set of 5.5" steel wheels and painting them black with chrome lugs and redline radial tires. I only have one of those wheels as my spare, so I'd need 3 more.

Pasta

Rallye wheels debuted the following year, but nobody but true Mopar people know that, so go for it! You`ve gotten a lot done on it so far and your progress looks good. On another subject ,I love all Vettes from 63-67 but as a younger man I had an opportunity to buy a 69 427 3-2`s w/4spd.. It was a nice looking car with a beautiful red paint with black interior. When I test drove it , it felt like it was going to fall apart with every bump in the road everything rattling and shaking, the steering was horrible,and visibility was limited. I was not impressed with it at all, and needless to say I did not buy it. Stunning car ,just not one of the better put together Corvettes.

Wooo Hooo, project underway!!!!!!

Welcome aboard.

Thanks guys.
Glad to be here. Should I start a new thread (in what forum?) to ask tech questions about the car?
I'm still bumping into the walls in here as I'm not very familiar with this board yet.

Pasta

Click on forums there on the top of the page, then choose a topic forum and then just click on 'New Topic' and there you go, easy, exactly the same with what you did with welcome wagon... Just choose the relevant topic for future reference

Thanks for the honest reply!..The car looks like it's coming out great,Good luck with it, and again welcome to the forum

-
Back