Fricken cops!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
How can the officers be "on duty", if they are sitting on their fat-asses, in Ihop, shoving pancakes down their pieholes?

Jason

How can the officers be "on duty", if they are sitting on their fat-asses, in Ihop, shoving pancakes down their pieholes?

Jason

They can scoff down food on duty because most cops work 12 hour shifts, but they gotta run if they get a call which happens alot so they gotta leave their half eaten meal and run out the door if nobody is covering their beat.

lawyer up ,cut there balls off .feed them to the dogs , an smile while doing it . there their for you ,to serve an protect . i come from a very small town we had there kind here for a short time . mostly young cops . there gig was every time they pull you they wanted to search your car, truck ,person what ever . them it was my turn one morning on my way to work i get pulled , no reason said i was speeding i laughed ...i told him that i traveled this rd every day for the passed 20 yrs an new where they set an that this old trk i was driving at the time had 550,000 miles on it an that we did not speed . we where not speeding buy the way it was just are turn lol he ask me to get out of my trk ...ok as i did i lock the doors gave him all his required stuff . THEN he says i need to search your trk FOR, i think you might have weed in there . I laugh again . i ask where is your probable cause (was none).or do you have a warrant, no OK then sorry you cant not search . major attitude . well i just call the dogs , go right ahead sir . and when you dont fine anything with your dogs an being that its the third time you stop me this week im going to need your badge #an name for my lawyer to get a hold of you on harassment charges . then he really got attitude ... long story short he an a few of his friends do not work on the force any longer we have a new chief an i have a smile

I hate douche bags!!!

Dartman340ta, you're not in Columbia County are ya???

I just looked....sounds like the same style of cops that I saw around Columbia County...one of them wrote me up for wreckless driving after following me to work.
Then the piece of trash does not even show up for court.
If that was not enough, the judge tells me that if he had shown up I would have had to PROVE MY INNOCENCE!!! Unbelievable. If I didn't show up, regardless of him being there or not, I would have been arrested. What a crock of ****!!!
The judge turned out to be my landlords uncle. I had just got done telling my landlord this story when he asked the judges name. When he told me that it was his uncle I had to laugh. Kangaroo court bullsh!t!!!

I read that McDonalds situation. well, a friend of Mine was a manager at a McDonalds, and they demoted him because of some Health issues, and ended up making him a cashier, and then basically fired him. Well he felt he was discriminated against, and he sued and won and was AWARDED 5 Million dollars, because he proved he was discrimmnated and wronglfully fired, Well, that was 10 years ago, and he hasn't seen a dime cause MD keeps fileing a appeal and lose every time,and he still gets awarded the money, just hasn't seen it yet.

The burned woman ended up having the amount reduced a lot by the appeals courts and then a secret settlement was made with McDonalds.

the news media would rather hype up a bunch of misleading BS in the hopes of increasing their cash flow than actually report the news without a spin....news at 11! Be sure to watch!!!

The jury awarded Liebeck $200,000 in compensatory damages. This amount
was reduced to $160,000 because the jury found Liebeck 20 percent at
fault in the spill. The jury also awarded Liebeck $2.7 million in
punitive damages, which equals about two days of McDonalds' coffee
sales.

Post-verdict investigation found that the temperature of coffee at the
local Albuquerque McDonalds had dropped to 158 degrees fahrenheit.

The trial court subsequently reduced the punitive award to $480,000 --
or three times compensatory damages -- even though the judge called
McDonalds' conduct reckless, callous and willful.

No one will ever know the final ending to this case.

The parties eventually entered into a secret settlement which has never
been revealed to the public, despite the fact that this was a public
case, litigated in public and subjected to extensive media reporting.
Such secret settlements, after public trials, should not be condoned.
-----
excerpted from ATLA fact sheet. © 1995, 1996 by Consumer Attorneys of
California
http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm

The burned woman ended up having the amount reduced a lot by the appeals courts and then a secret settlement was made with McDonalds.

the news media would rather hype up a bunch of misleading BS in the hopes of increasing their cash flow than actually report the news without a spin....news at 11! Be sure to watch!!!
http://www.lectlaw.com/files/cur78.htm

lol my dad works for the for the tv media and that seems almost offensive but its completly true. not the blue collars but all the higher ups are totaly that way its sad. and they dont know what they do.

Well, my wife has a meeting on monday with the owner of the franchise. She knows him and gets along with him good. Not sure what that will do though. She also found out that the employee handbook states that termination will follow after 3 written warnings. (my wife has none in 8 yrs) again not sure what that means since it is only a policy. NM is hire/fire at will state so really they don't even need a reason to let you go in this state. I'll let you guys know what happens.

I feel bad for you and your wife but I wonder if many of the comments would be the same if they were lawyers, firemen or politicians? I know some stand up guys who are "cops" and they all get painted with the same brush every time one does something stupid. I'm not suggesting these guys were not jerks as I only have a small part of the story and will reserve judgement with limited facts. I do know there are good and bad people in every profession including the hospitality industry. However I'm always taken back at how fast we all like to play armchair quarter back and point fingers at those who do a job many of us wouldn't want nore have the stones for. If they were abusing their power they should certainly be held to account. However I'm sure glad I don't have every member of the public telling me how to build a better house all day. I do hope your wife gets her job back but lets not paint everyone with the same brush. The "cops" I know are great guys and lay it on the line nightly while the rest of us are oblivious as to what's out there while we are safely tucked into our beds. It seems to me to be a nasty job. No matter what they do someone doesn't like it. If you arrest someone they are the F'n Cops is someone commits a crime its where were the F'n Cops. They have a job I wouldn't want but have been happy to have them show up when I really needed them. I can't remember saying that about most professions.

Sorry, but if she was such an asset to the "team" why wouldn't they call her in and discuss the situation in a rational way?
Sounds like she was busting *** for these people and getting crap and shoved in it.
There are better places to put your energy than in places you aren't wanted, appreciated or needed, a real show of appreciation for your work is more than just supportive friends and family, but most people not involved won't complain when someone they "like" gets fired or treated unjustly, they just shake their head, say "oh what a shame" and move on.

No one wants to rock the boat for a person who can really use a hand up.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that society, as a large, is insensitive to the simple niceties of holding a door for a stranger, helping a guy get his car fixed on the roadside, or even a simple thanks for a helping hand.

Mark.

what happened to the simple act of a wave in thanks when you purposely let another driver in front of you. that was the old america. get ready for the new world order. courtesy will be a thing of the past.

63dartman,
Being a waitress is a hard job. It seems like it would be especially hard for a good souled person. Think of the people you have to deal with.
(I'm being polite).
"How may I serve you"? is difficult.
My wife worked as a waitress before we got married. She is disabled and does not work now.
But that's another story.
I glanced at all the "suggestion" in this thread.
I hope even if all the suggestions weren't feasible, the thoughts of others helped you and her work through this.
One thing comes to mind: is this a small town? I ask, because it brings up "The Saga of Memike". I could look that up but you would know the particulars better anyway.
If it is a small town it seems like it might ought to be handled differently than if it is a large metropolis. Someone's cousin might be involved. (cue the banjo)

At any rate, hindsight is usually 20/20. I can't help but wonder if now, instead of getting into an confrontational situation with the SOB's, she wishes she had just hurried and gotten the food for them.
And then spit in it. :-D

what happened to the simple act of a wave in thanks when you purposely let another driver in front of you. that was the old america. get ready for the new world order. courtesy will be a thing of the past.

You seen it coming too.:clock: agree.:angry7:

I feel bad for you and your wife but I wonder if many of the comments would be the same if they were lawyers, firemen or politicians? I know some stand up guys who are "cops" and they all get painted with the same brush every time one does something stupid. I'm not suggesting these guys were not jerks as I only have a small part of the story and will reserve judgement with limited facts. I do know there are good and bad people in every profession including the hospitality industry. However I'm always taken back at how fast we all like to play armchair quarter back and point fingers at those who do a job many of us wouldn't want nore have the stones for. If they were abusing their power they should certainly be held to account. However I'm sure glad I don't have every member of the public telling me how to build a better house all day. I do hope your wife gets her job back but lets not paint everyone with the same brush. The "cops" I know are great guys and lay it on the line nightly while the rest of us are oblivious as to what's out there while we are safely tucked into our beds. It seems to me to be a nasty job. No matter what they do someone doesn't like it. If you arrest someone they are the F'n Cops is someone commits a crime its where were the F'n Cops. They have a job I wouldn't want but have been happy to have them show up when I really needed them. I can't remember saying that about most professions.

Very well said...I cant agree with you more on all of your points. We all have stories of bad situations with employees of all types of professions. I hope that if the company finds that your wife was wrongfully fired she gets her job back, my question is why she would want it back from a company that obviously doesnt care about her dedication to service. Cops, now thats a different story....Cops are human and can be as bad or good as the next guy/gal and thats no lie and thats wrong. I have been on this site for a few years now and havent really seen a thread with this much anger towards other humans. I kinda find it disheartening...Oh well I guess my point is that i've found there are always three sides to a story. Your wifes side, the cops side, and somewhere in between is the exact truth. This world has no room for bad cops, bad waitresses, bad lawyers, judges, mechanics etc etc....but they still exist. I get embarassed by stories of cops acting like these guys may have and thats because I'm a cop too. I wish you the best of luck and hope your aggravation in this matter is over soon

Will be? Here in CA (for the most part), it all ready is a thing of the past. As those generations who grew up with manners stop driving/pass on, we are left with younger generations and an influx of various cultures that never learned the art of manners (in my case, via a switch or a belt). The only time I see it is when I go back home to Hawaii. Everyone still let's you kindly and sincerely merge in and everyone waves mahalo as well. Courtesy and manners are still alive and well there.

Very well said...I cant agree with you more on all of your points. We all have stories of bad situations with employees of all types of professions. I hope that if the company finds that your wife was wrongfully fired she gets her job back, my question is why she would want it back from a company that obviously doesnt care about her dedication to service. Cops, now thats a different story....Cops are human and can be as bad or good as the next guy/gal and thats no lie and thats wrong. I have been on this site for a few years now and havent really seen a thread with this much anger towards other humans. I kinda find it disheartening...Oh well I guess my point is that i've found there are always three sides to a story. Your wifes side, the cops side, and somewhere in between is the exact truth. This world has no room for bad cops, bad waitresses, bad lawyers, judges, mechanics etc etc....but they still exist. I get embarassed by stories of cops acting like these guys may have and thats because I'm a cop too. I wish you the best of luck and hope your aggravation in this matter is over soon

Good on you for chiming in, it shows back bone. I have close friends who are cops and can't believe the garbage they deal with. I think its good for them to have friends outside the profession to keep them grounded. When your dealing with the portion of society who are lower than amphibian crap all day its nice to be reminded 90% of the population are good people and don't hate you. Of all the dealings with police officers I've only met a very few who are not deserving of my respect. There is spoilage in everything, crops, food, people and yes, even the odd "cop". You have a tough job and a nice duster.

Sh*t always rolls down hill. I think even if your wife was not at fault for the problems with service that day, someone other than the hostess or manager were destined to pay for it, (especially when the complaining patrons were cops). Unlike cooks, managers, and hostesses, waitresses actually have to repeatedly face the customers and interact with them. Waitresses seem to be treated as second class citizens and they are among the most abused employees in a restaraunt. If your wife is still set on working there I would try to settle things "in-house" first before airing my dirty laundry. Best of luck!

I have only read the first page, but as a law enforcement officer, I'm ashamed when I hear of stories like this...... Take it to the chief......

My wife got a call from the officer's supervisor today and it was mostly a courtesy call to let her know he was sorry she lost her job due to one of his officers actions. He did not appolize for his officer's actions not once. My wife asked him when did it become police procedure to walk in and sit yourself without asking and he had no answer. The really funny part is that The supervisor eats at IHOP also and my wife has waited on him too with no complaints.

The supervisor also sits himself without asking. (My wife told me this)I guess the routine is taught at training.

Sorry to read of your wifes misfortune. Hope her meeting on Monday goes well for her, but at the same time she's got to wonder if people who would fire a long term loyal employee such as herself on the word of a couple of douche bag customers are really worth working for. Sounds like it she doesn't go back they will lose not only a good worker but some customers too! Good luck to her, I'm sure she will come out of this for the good.

Ha, that sheads a lot of light on the situation, sounds like she should keep her job (with compensation and appology) and this manager should find a new job, maybe serving donuts and caffine to the local cops at the Dunkin Donuts!!!

The way I see it is that eveyone except for my wife folded to the "pressure" of the local po po. I am proud of my wife standing her ground and not backing down to these assholes.

p.s. You have to remember that my wife has been there 8 years. 2 years ago one of the three officers gave my wife a dime for a tip(after the 50% discount on their bill)My wife gave the dime back to him and told him he may need it more than she does. I don't think he took it too kindly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back