Fricken cops!!

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, my wife has a meeting on monday with the owner of the franchise. She knows him and gets along with him good. Not sure what that will do though. She also found out that the employee handbook states that termination will follow after 3 written warnings. (my wife has none in 8 yrs) again not sure what that means since it is only a policy. NM is hire/fire at will state so really they don't even need a reason to let you go in this state. I'll let you guys know what happens.

Even if NM is a Right to Work state, if anyone else had gotten written up and not fired and your wife was fired without getting written up then in starts looking like a discrimination case.

As far as the police conduct, just getting a call from the officers supervisor isn't near enough. The Mayors office is the one who should appologize for the conduct of their officers. Police aren't supposed to expect special treatment, discounts, or free anything from any business. And if there are any questions about police conduct, just ask the FBI since they are the police's police. I'm not saying file a FBI report, but if there is any questions about police conduct, no matter what city you live in, they are the ones who investigates the cops when things get bad. I've already seen it happen.

But I do hope things get worked out without having to go to extreme measures. At a minimum her job back, an apology from the manager and at least the chief of police for the conduct of his officers.

This IHOP is in Albuquerque. This is no small metropolis. There are 6 of these resturaunts in the area. This is a franchise business that are owned by private people. Probably the same guy owns all 6 of em and don't know this happened and how it all took place. The manager had 5 hole months and would rather side with those that are going to make his job more difficult rather than side with someone that will make him look good. Chalk it up to management skills.

I was a beer driver in Akron OH for 17 years. The Co. I worked for had a "BETTER" relationship with the Cleveland local and decided to build a new building just outside of our locals jurisdiction. 62 men got thrown to the curb and were told to reapply as new hirees. The only thing you could keep was you vacation. I thought there is no way I'm going to start all over for the same co. I've been with for 17 years! I too was like your wife as far as caring about the customers. I new all my customers by name and they bought my kids presents when they were born and gave gifts to me at xmas etc. I also bought girl scout cookies and any fund raiser stuff they were selling also. So I know what she is going through. There is still some customers I still go see and it's been almost 5 years!
Now I work for a local government and I am way better off than I was! I'm not making as much but,my pension is better,more holidays off,bennys are good and,I'm not working near as hard. That job was starting to take it's toll on my body. We eventually got a severance out of them thanks to the Akron union we were in and things worked out OK. The point I'm trying to make is that it may seem like it is devastating now but,she might end up better off and happier due to what happened.
My wife was on the verge of a nervous breakdown so I bought her a lap dog during all of this.A wire hair mini daschsund. I'm not saying you shouln't try to barbeque there balls. I'm just trying to let you Know you will be fine and they won't.

My wife got a call from the officer's supervisor today and it was mostly a courtesy call to let her know he was sorry she lost her job due to one of his officers actions. He did not appolize for his officer's actions not once. My wife asked him when did it become police procedure to walk in and sit yourself without asking and he had no answer. The really funny part is that The supervisor eats at IHOP also and my wife has waited on him too with no complaints.

The supervisor also sits himself without asking. (My wife told me this)I guess the routine is taught at training.

Not even close, however it sounds like it's the culture inside that agency, coming from the top and trickling down....

theres something i never told you about me elliot, i f...... hate cops! can anybody tell me what movie that is from?

Sad situation, hope she gets her job back. Its unfortunate that these particular police officers are dorks but having said that is it necessary to put them all in the same box? I just want to point out that there are members here who are police officers and A body enthusiasts who contribute to this board and it is not right to paint them all with the same brush, this is not what this "family" is all about.

Not right to box all law enforcement in one box and slam em all because of one bad apple. Same goes for people with long hair. Just because i'm no good doesn't mean all one eyed people are bad. My SIL is a sargent at night in the local PD. Somewhat opinionated but aren't we all. Thanks and hats off to all you good ones. Thanks Guys and Gals and you know who you are. If you're a sorry one start getting it right.....QUICK !!!! And you know who you are..

First I feel badly for your wife,I have worked in customer service and thats probaly why i feel alot of people need to slow down in life and learn some courtesy.I hope she come out of this well and I really hope she opens the publics eyes in the process.On the whole hate cop deal,people are correct for saying there are alot of good cops,I know a few,but the problem comes in when you try to compare them to other people or professions because they are not the same.Other people are not highly visible public figures with the authority to pull you over,ticket you,harass you or demand to be treated better at a restraunt because they are police officers therefore their actions and conduct stand out alot more than the average guy.When officers behave badly the consequenses are much more noticed because they are held to a higher standard as a servant of the community,I think alot of todays officers have forgotten the term public employee or to serve and protect with the emphasis on serve.I have been at the mercy of a bad ones and let me tell you nothing will piss a guy off faster than being in the right and being told too bad,prove it by some arrogant police officer.By an overwhelming majority I have had more good experineces than bad but the bad ones really stand out,and just as manners are a thing of the past with alot of the public I think alot of the cops today dont have them as well.

There are alot of brothers and sisters who love A Body MoPars right here on this site that work for police departments and sheriff's departments all over the United States. There a lot of good hard working guys and gals out there that do a good job and do care. Its the few that are rude that ruin it for the ones that arent. Sad to see how many people on this site dislike the men and women who are there to help people when they need it.

Hope your wife gets her job back or something even better. Sounds like she deserves it.

take care,

Todd

There are ALWAYS two sides to every story. This situation wouldnt make anyone angry if it were not a cop who called and complained but instead an ordinary customer. Where in the world does it say that just because a person is a cop he or she can't complain for recieving bad service. And so your wife got fired, what are you twelve? How does your thought process bring you to the conclusion that kicking a cop in the teeth would make you feel better. Odds are you would just go to jail via the emergency room. Instead of blaming everyone else tell your wife to honeslty critique herself. Maybe she will realize that she is not all innocent. If not, hey cheer up there are alot more minimum wage jobs out there.

With a first post like this, I wouldn't start a "Welcome Wagon" thread anytime soon.......:-\"

What the hell is that? You don't even know me or my wife and you want to pass judgement on my wife? The comment about kicking in his teeth was how I "felt" not what I was going to do you idiot. I sure hope your wife doesn't need your support some day:(
For my friends here I had the story wrong. She had to set up the meeting with the owner today. That is in the works. I found out that her manager was fired once for sexual harassment and recently rehired. I guess this guy is also in the habit of giving all the women that come in and meets his criteria as "hot" a discount on their food(not supposed to) also lets all the cute girls that work there come in on their days off and eat for free(not supposed to) I guess my wife wants to open up the owners eyes to alot of things going on that should not be. The owner is the owner of all 6 stores here in Alb.

With a first post like this, I wouldn't start a "Welcome Wagon" thread anytime soon.......:-\"

Ha, ha,
first post, funny.

Can't blame the dude, he's being objective.

Still not enough information to make an educated judgement in this case.

Fess up, what was said from each side?

I think a lot of folks here went off on a tangent because of their own bad experiences with cops, and I could certainly add my share to that, but I see this more as a bad management problem. Your lady said it was going to get busy and get more staff, they said no and naturally service suffered. An understanding person be it a cop or not would have complained (if they just had to) about the shortage of staff not the bad service, as regulars they should have known better. Good luck, I hope you get this resolved to your satisfaction

Cudaspaz, I don't want to get into she said and then they said reply. My wife told me what was said and by no means was she out of line. Maybe a little abrupt since she was so behind on the side work. Ther was no name calling or profanity.
I did not know that my wife had once given one of the cops his dime tip back and told him to keep it. I think it was just bad timing, maybe he was having a bad day and my wife was too.

Funny thing is the cop that had words with my wife and the manager was not the cop that filed the complaint. If all else, I'm sure my wife will find another "dead end job" in the near future.

Quote,
I think it was just bad timing, maybe he was having a bad day and my wife was too.

Sounds like the management sucks.

I personally would move on and find something else.

Maybe more embarrasing going back than going elsewhere especially if she has to work with the same manager that fired her.

Fellas, gals, I have more than just a few family members in law inforcement and it doesn't do me so well inside my soul when we wanna kick there teeth in and, well, I'll be honest, I did laff at some of the things that were suggested to do to the bums.

Lets keep it civil while we vent and take it easy on the rest of the good apples while we roast the bad apples.

I know we have a few members here on the force. I just wanna ssay thanks for alot of things you do and never get exposed for that should have made the news from delivering babys to , ah crap, simply getting the bad guys.

It's just a damn shame when a few take advantage of there standing and positions of authority and make someones day suck or there life crumble.

Rob

i have had my share of stupid cops and have always not like cops in general but for sure there are good cops like there are good politicans lol they just dont make the news. to all you good and great cops keep it up:)

corporalbob has been banned for offensive words, insulting members, members wifes, posting PM's between myself and himeself as to be used as a weapon in an attempt to (try) embarass myeslf and continue to rant about censorship. (As if it was ok to run at the mouth insulting everyone.)
Over the top posts with little reason for his attacks.
(He felt bad because he was called stupid, so he launched a 3 post attack on a member.)
Claims I am not objective in my duties. LOL, YA!, OK!

Cudaspaz, My wife works because she wants to. She wanted something to keep her busy once the kids were in middleschool and beyond. She wasn't looking for a career path to the big corporate sky. Over the years she has met and retained alot of friends there. She is a true people person and it makes her very happy to see them keep coming back to visit her. Plus she was the best they had and took pride in the service she offered her customers. Maybe to you it a "deadend job" to her it was just a little more than that and I assume the tears were not for the establishment but the memories. I was going to offer her to read this thread so see she could see how right she was and how wrong they were. Not so sure now. :(

A

Gotta chime in here.....as it seems pertinant....a bit of a tangent , but I think its important.

The problem with America these days is that some people seem to be below taking a "dead end job". Everyone wants that high paying, easy job. Some poeplethink its easy to simply "move on".

if you have never been in the situation that some have been in, its easy to say that IMHO.

Everyone complains about the bankers who they claim ruined our economy yet not one of those peopel complaining would trun down the salary that the bankers make.

Its laughable.

Truth is, if it werent for the "dead end jobs" those who have "better" jobs would be in a world of...er....crap.

The next time you go to IHOP or McDonalds or Walmart or the gas tstaion, thank the person working there for doing what you consider a "dead end" job and for making your life just a little more easy.

And...the way things ar going, more and more of us may need to take one of those "dead end jobs" to make ends meet, etc.

Just food for thought and my two cents.

loser.gif
My post that you referred to here was in response to this post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrowe
I think this battle is fought in the court of public opinion. Chances are, she will get her job back. Our society is too litigous, though. Not sure a lawsuit is the first step. Remember when the old lady sued McDonald's and won a mill or two because some kid didn't put the lid on the coffee correctly?

Did you even read the friggin' article????
McDonalds had over 700 reports of coffee burns ranging from mild to third degree, and had settled claims arising from scalding injuries for more than $500,000.

What the jury didn't realize initially was the severity of her burns. Told during the trial of Mrs. Liebeck's seven days in the hospital and her skin grafts, and shown gruesome photographs, jurors began taking the matter more seriously. "It made me come home and tell my wife and daughters don't drink coffee in the car, at least not hot," says juror Jack Elliott.
In fact, she said, she never would have filed this one if McDonald's hadn't dismissed her requests for compensation for pain and medical bills with an offer of $800.
http://www.vanfirm.com/mcdonalds-coffee-lawsuit.htm

Of course you didn't get to see the pictures of the 3rd degree burns that covered about two square feet of skin or pictures of the skin grafts and you of course don't give a damn about some poor old lady who was hurt like this.:thebirdm:
McDonalds is a scum sucking leach (among many) of a company that does not give a damn about us, just our money.
I am not into sueing people and neither was this woman....until she got screwed around by a bunch of eletist asswipes that work for McDonalds. The fact is, they assumed they would win.
You do realize that these large companies employ actuaries that do the math on liability issues, right? These people's entire job is to determine whether a dangerous product that can hurt people is worth changing to a safer product.....the stipulation is the dollar value, PERIOD!
Let me make it clear, if the company thinks they will net more money while injuring people and paying them off than they would if the product did not injure people...they will go on injuring people.
Ford and Firestone are a great example of this.
So, Shadango :thebirdm:! I wonder if your opinion would be different if it was your Grandma!!!

loser.gif

LOL My grandmas (as well as grandpas, aunt, uncles) have had a cup of hot coffee in teh car many many many times and managed to "somehow" never dump it on themselves.

That said, yes it is possible it could happen.

Do I feel bad that the lady hurt herself with the coffee (key words -- hurt HERSELF)? Sure....

Do I want McDonalds to start serving cold coffee because some old lady cant drink coffee in the car without dumping it her crotch? Heck no.

What made the woman think that McDonalds should be responsible for her injuries which resulted in HER making the mistake of spilling it on herself?? THAT was the key to the original post you resonded to....We live in a society where everything is ALWAYS "someone" else's fault. And that seems to be fine as long as its "deep corporate pockets" paying for it.

Look..sometimes bad things happen to good people.

Its not right to put a dollar figure on soemthing like this.

The lady ordered HOT COFFEE.

She dumped it on herself.

LIFE IS HARD. Life's lesson?: DONT DUMP HOT COFFEE IN YOUR LAP WHILE IN THE CAR!

Duh.

My grandma would never sue for something like this......my family doesnt believe in suing someone just because the law says you can....:read2:

What if this were a mom-and-pop restaurant?

Would you feel the same about this lady collecting from them then? What if YOUR GRANDMA owned the restaurant and this lawsuit could put her out of business and take her life savings (since she has nothing in the way of liability insurance to cover stuff like this).....

Would you be as apt to say "Hang the restauraunt owners on high" like you are for McDOnalds?

Dont answer that....its rhetorical.....you will say "yes" here but put you in that situation for real and I betcha I know the REAL answer.....
'Nuf said on that.

My wife got a call from the officer's supervisor today and it was mostly a courtesy call to let her know he was sorry she lost her job due to one of his officers actions. He did not appolize for his officer's actions not once. My wife asked him when did it become police procedure to walk in and sit yourself without asking and he had no answer. The really funny part is that The supervisor eats at IHOP also and my wife has waited on him too with no complaints.

The supervisor also sits himself without asking. (My wife told me this)I guess the routine is taught at training.

If he called saying that, he is basically admitting he knows they did wrong.

If the supervisor felt his officers were simply responding to your wife being a ...well, less than nice person.....then why woudl he call about it at all?

He knows they did wrong and is trying to prevent a PR problem.

Seems to me he KNOWS they were wrong, that they CAUSED her to lose her job.....I would have said "Well, if you really feel bad about it, how about setting my wife up with a job at the precinct?"

Give your wife a hug and tell her that it will be OK. (Sure you did already).

If your wife is like mine, she is too good-hearted to persue this and I cant blame her.

Me, I'd be all over it.

Its too bad that the jerks in this world can screw over honest people. Cops or no cops, these two guys (and the cheif IMHO) are jerks who hide behind their badges. Makes the good cops look bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back