Friday 01 Sept 2017

-

gunbunny

Reaction score
Was the luckiest day of my life. Damn near the last day of my life.
I was involved in a single car accident and rolled my car.
I was trapped in the seat, upside down for what seemed like forever. But was probably just a minute or two.
Scariest thing I've ever experienced.
I walked away without a scratch! Seat belts! Wear your seat belt!
If I hadn't worn my seat belt I'm sure I wouldn't be here now.
Sorry, no pics to post as I was loaded into the ambulance and wasn't really thinking about a pic prior to that.

Chris,

Very sorry to read this.

If you need anything, please PM me or give me a call.

Last edited:
Best of luck to you. I still have a pin from my knee to my ankle, and "several screws" down there. That leg will never be the same.

Good to hear you walked away from something like that. Yes to the seat belts! Because I was wearing mine long ago I walked away from stuffing my A100 head on into a telephone pole at 30 mph.

I didn't take these, someone else did. I found them on facebook!

21330719_1610485995668883_136614878_o.jpg

21330776_1610486009002215_2093705650_o.jpg

I always hear people getting ejected and dying in accidents. I cant believe there are still non seat belt wearing passengers and drivers! Glad you are OK. I had a terrible accident in '90, hit a tree(s) at 60. My driver fell asleep and wandered off the freeway doing about 70 from police reports. we ran into a grove of young trees and finally hit one that wasnt that young. everyone was wearing seat belts, no one was hurt more than ankles and sprained arms. I walked away with a scratch on my head from a displodged speaker wizzing past it at 60. Bumper ended up 10 inches from the windshield. Man, I got lap belts only in the 65....and no dash pad.

Wow! The roof held up well.

I thank the military for me wearing seat belts. Way back in 1983 after Army bootcamp, I was assigned to Ft Gordon Georgia for signal school. Since it was a long school they allowed personal vehicles so I went home to PA and got my pickup. Seat belts were MANDATORY on base and they weren't playing. You could lose your driving privileges quick. I loved my little bit of freedom so it was a no-brainer for me.

In addition, the military use to make us watch videos such as "room to live" showing graphic accident scenes with people not wearing seat belts, then showing accidents where occupants had their seatbelts on and there was "room to live"

Looking back I'm REALLY glad of those things!!

I went to the yard the car is at today. I didn't take any pics as I was being rushed. I was in the car getting my belongings out. The headliner is pulled back from the front and has a crease in it. Somehow, the sunroof isn't shattered, but the shade won't move. There isn't a single panel that isn't damaged. I'm guessing the frame is bent too. everything is tweaked. Going to miss that car. Yeah, it's a mini van, but it was pretty nice ride. Leather guts, heated seats for the winter, ice cold air in the summer, and power everything, and it ran like a champ. Best of all, it kept me safe in that wreck. Looking for another one!

Is that down on 222? Glad to see you are ok and that you were not in the four door.

-
Back