-

dart4forte

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Is there no shame? Long Beach swap meet

1363202A-E778-476E-B01D-D64A3F3B0AF3.jpeg

Trust nobody at swap meets.

All the creeps and scumbags come out on those events.

Thieves suck. Fried burger is a seemingly good dude too.

Wow that sucks.

When I go to swap bringing a large amount of desirable parts, I make sure to bring extra people to keep an eye on things. Labeling your parts for sale with prices and writing very brief description or titles on boxes minimizes buyer questions and greatly reduces your distractions. And helps the other people you’re with sell parts taking burden off you. So then you have more time to keep you eyes out.

Frieburger has over 1 million Instagram and Facebook followers. I was there today at Long Beach at 7am. And by that time, his whole swap spot picked almost completely clean. There were people that went to the swap meet just to say hi and get their pictures taken with him. I heard it was a mob at his spot early in the morning

Last edited:
Frieburger has over 1 million Instagram and Facebook followers. I was there today at Long Beach at 7am. And by that time, his whole swap spot picked almost completely clean. There were people that went to the swap meet just to say hi and get their pictures taken with him. I heard it was a mob at his spot early in the morning

And the thieves know this as well.
I guarantee they had planned it that way on purpose.
"Organized crime" hides well in plain sight and isn't just a bunch of fat guys in suits and greasy hair.

And the thieves know this as well.
I guarantee they had planned it that way on purpose.
"Organized crime" hides well in plain sight and isn't just a bunch of fat guys in suits and greasy hair.

I get that. But 5 carb spacers, one air/fuel gauge, and a set of heads. It didn't sound like it was all stolen at same time. 5 Carb spacers and an air/fuel gauge doesn't seem like organized crime.

I think there warped people that make up warped reasons to justify being a thief. Being in public eye or a public entity gives people something to focus their crooked mischief and/or jealously on.

It matters not. Thieves everywhere. When I was a kid, I got the "impression" that amateur radio operators were "special." I've been to some HUGE "hamfests" Tacoma and Puyallup, WA I've heard some bizzare stories about the brazen thefts. Those are even worse than car parts swaps, because you are elbow to elbow at tables, and the "customers" at the heat of the day can't hardly move.

It matters not. Thieves everywhere. When I was a kid, I got the "impression" that amateur radio operators were "special." I've been to some HUGE "hamfests" Tacoma and Puyallup, WA I've heard some bizzare stories about the brazen thefts. Those are even worse than car parts swaps, because you are elbow to elbow at tables, and the "customers" at the heat of the day can't hardly move.

Completely true. A thief is a thief.

You can do some things to protect yourself.

Some folks need both arms broken at the same time.
Just to teach em what they missed in Sunday school.

I get that. But 5 carb spacers, one air/fuel gauge, and a set of heads. It didn't sound like it was all stolen at same time. 5 Carb spacers and an air/fuel gauge doesn't seem like organized crime.

I think there warped people that make up warped reasons to justify being a thief. Being in public eye or a public entity gives people something to focus their crooked mischief and/or jealously on.

They probably ripped off dozens of people and booths, and likely at the direction of someone else who will be hawking it in their pawn shops.

Easy to get crack heads to snatch anything shiny for a few bucks..

Welcome to today’s society! If they would punish criminals properly and not promote theft etc…. Theft would still happen but would be way down. Just like in a certain great state it’s only a misdemeanor if it’s under $1000. How bought if u steal a $1.00 u do time on a chain gang. Or if u murder someone you get hung in the public square? And it doesn’t take 20 years to do it! And how bout we close are borders and do something with the drug problem we have? And not all people dying from drugs are crack heads etc…. They are literally getting poisoned! Last year almost double the amount of Americans died than in the whole Vietnam War!

Thieves should be publicly executed by firing squad. Eliminate scum and that way of thought, for good.
I'm beyond Sharia Law on this one.

I might pay to see how someone steals a pair of heads in "plain sight" without being noticed.

I might pay to see how someone steals a pair of heads in "plain sight" without being noticed.

Act like you've done nothing wrong, and most folks don't bat an eye. A dude walking around with a head under each arm at a swap meet doesn't really draw much attention.
If he emerges from a large crowd surrounding a popular swap spot, I don't think anyone will be asking to see a receipt.
It's not uncommon to see people finger-poking parts while 'contemplating a purchase', so a couple of guys picking them up would also not draw much attention.
Combine all that, and I can totally see people walking off with all kinds of stuff and disappearing into the crowd/parking lot.

Trust nobody at swap meets.

All the creeps and scumbags come out on those events.
Not everyone that attends swap meets are creeps and scum bags, you have a lot to learn about people. Guess you feel the same about folks who go to gun shows too.

-
Back