friends motor

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
A friend wants to build a 360 and is looking for 430-450 horsepower to the rear wheels..what would he need if he used the RHS 360x heads and a stock stroke 3.58

ok and would be needed to get 500hp at the crank? with no nitrous or power adders and no stroker..if possible

It can be done...

I dont know the nitty gritty details as in what size valves
etc but it can be done.

A friend wants to build a 360 and is looking for 430-450 horsepower to the rear wheels..what would he need if he used the RHS 360x heads and a stock stroke 3.58

That's a serious number NA. I'd use the LA-x heads with some cleanup (like IMM's package) and chambers cut to 58cc, K1 rods, Diamond forged flat tops, 9.575" deck (pistons above deck .005) giving 11.48:1 and .034 quench with a Fel Pro gasket. XTQ290S-6 Comp solid flat tappet or a custom solid with [email protected] on intake and exh. 1 3/4" headers. This would be pump gas but rough idle and want gear/convertor to really be right.

I'm building a 360 right now with Batten W2 style heads and mild roller cam, 10.5:1 that should make 530HP at the crank. It's for sale, so if he's interested have him give me a call!
Brian

ok kool, my friend asked what my motor should be making with the old cam and new cam, do you guys have any idea?

the old cam was the 306 .575 lift with 260@50 duration
new cam is 282 .540 lift with 244@50
its a 360 kb107s 10.8 compression
stage 2 ported rhs 360x heads
crosswind intake with holley 750 dp

haha yes a friend... kid a school has a 74 dart blue like petty blue

Well personally I think those kind of numbers would be more easily attained with better heads. W2s, W5s, large port Commandos, Indys or something along those lines. Ported of course. You'll need about 270 cfm's of flow to support 550 horsepower. But that's not the whole story, the mid lift flow numbers for these heads will out perform the others which will give you a broader and flatter power curve rather than just peak numbers.

Now realistically a stroker would be able to do it easier and be a milder, more civil motor.

true.. hes looking to make around the same power as me or a little less which is why I was trying to see what you thought my setup made with each cam i posted. If its around his likeing he might just copy it exact.

ok kool, my friend asked what my motor should be making with the old cam and new cam, do you guys have any idea?

the old cam was the 306 .575 lift with 260@50 duration
new cam is 282 .540 lift with 244@50
its a 360 kb107s 10.8 compression
stage 2 ported 360x heads
crosswind intake with holley 750 dp

That might make 450 at the crank. Depends on how well the heads work.
I did a 340 with that kind of cam, compression was only 10:1, victor, 750 and mild port eddy heads and made 455HP.
You could also go with full ported eddy heads and roller cam but it gets expensive...

ok im hoping for more heads should flow 270 plus

I don't really know what a stage 2 is, but it takes a TON of work to get 270 out of a stock head. While you can get as much as 275 out of them, they are usually pretty thin by then.
I'd bet that a stage 2 head flows closer to 250 cfm...
JMO

??? these are rhs 360x heads they flow 262 out of the box from what I have read

??? these are rhs 360x heads they flow 262 out of the box from what I have read

ha ha....I guess I'm going blind!! I didn't even catch that....LOL!! Sometimes you have to ignore me...

Yes that head will flow good if done right, so yes I'd say you can expect that HP #.

You could also go with full ported eddy heads and roller cam but it gets expensive...

That's the problem, wallet runs out before the bream is complete. :angry7::-D

-
Back