Friggen Temperature thread~~What is it where you live??

-
If your leaving Oklahoma to go to Hell, take a jacket. Its cooler there, than it is in Oklahoma right now.

As if last week wasn't bad enough, we have a "heat advisory" tomorrow and Wednesday. Highs between 106 and 117 (!!!) dropping to a nipply 80 in the evenings.

Hey Small Block, where's that truckload of ice??? LOL

It's been in the mid to low 90s here in the central valley of Northern California this past week. Very tolerable temperature when considering how dry it is here. If it's 95 degrees in Sacramento, the humidity is around 20 percent--never have a heat index. The hotter it gets here, the lower the humidity. E.g. if it's 100 here, the humidity is around 15 percent usually. It actually feels cooler than it really is. I feel bad for some of you members who live in the mid-west, gulf coast, east coast who have high temperatures and humidity--just brutal what you all go through during the summer months.

I live in Sausalito, Ca. and it has been the coldest summer on record for awhile. The fog has been sticking around. It might hit 65 or 70 today.

Last night at 10:30 pm it was 95 friggin degrees in Memphis and 87 here :angry7:
It is 98 here now... heading to 102 f. before the heat index
my internet won't stay up :angry7: It's going to be here another day in the one hundreds and a cool front will get us down to 92 buy Saturday :clock:

Yes!! it's hot:-D

My son in the Netherlands said it hasn't hit 80 in weeks! Think we might have to go visit to escape the heat and humidity here in VA

It has been in the low 100s here in southeast Texas since Saturday, but extremely dry. Normally in low to mid 90s and huuummmmiiiidddd this time of year.

At noon today it was reading 99 on the banks sign. At 2:30 it was 101 on the school sign and it was creeping up. Lets see... the shop temp is setting on...let me look...76 and i aint bitchen. Leanna girl, you sound like the kinda women that works well in a heated situation....gotta meet ya sometime. Roger tells me it's worth the trip. He stopped by the other day and had a few with us before the trip home.
Small Block

today under my gazebo 105 98 under shade of oak trees
78 now at 9:07 pm we had a hour of rain
last night 82 at 11:00 pm when i went to bed
but this is Florida where i have lived for 58 years
i don't know how i worked outside for electric coop building power lines for 25 years couldn't do it now

AND I HAVE NO AIR IN MY DAILY DRIVER 71 Dart

You know that old saying "it's not the heat, it's the humidity"? BULLCRAP! It's hot! The humidity is so high that it doesn't really cool off at night and sweat can't evaporate to cool you. It's miserable in Alabama.

It's so hot...
...my cigarette lighter will not stay in.
...I have a new tatoo on my back of a vinyl seat, wait, thats not a tat!
...my spark plugs filed a restraining order against my exhaust manifold!
Is this thing on?
...my tires have gone up 3 traction ratings, but only last 14 miles.

Just an echo of the other reports on this thread from SoCal - low, maybe mid-80s today and the next week. Can't believe this is August, unseasonably cool for SoCal. Neither my wife nor I can remember it ever being this nice in August and we've lived here all our lives.
I just hope Summer doesn't decide to show up all at once and make up for lost time!

Been around 100 everyday and extended forecast shows nothing but the same. Wish we had some of those socal temps here in central kansas.

It's actually cooled down here in Fort Worth. We were at 106 and 107 this week, but it's only going to be 102 today.

I have to go dig a jacket out of the closet.

Calgary, AB. Last couple of months basicly on norm here, Day rainging from 70 - 86, nights as low as 53 - 68. Lots of thunder storms, above norm rain mixed with hail through out the Province of Alberta.
In Central B.C. Word has it Temps 92 - 102. Little rain, Aprox 140 forest fires most fires started by lightening strikes.
Randy.

-
Back