Front Brake Shoe Width on a 65 Dodge Dart 10 inch drum brakes

-

sgrip65

66 Dart GT 273, 65 Dart GT 273 HiPo
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi Members. What is the correct front wheel brake shoe width for a 65 Dart V8 4.5 liter 273 with 10 inch brakes. My local parts store keeps sending 1-3/4 or 2-1/4 inch. Is the correct width a two inch shoe? That is what I am told elsewhere. Let me know what is correct, or are there other variables? What is OEM since I have OEM FRONT drums. Thank you. sgrip65

Hi Members. What is the correct front wheel brake shoe width for a 65 Dart V8 4.5 liter 273 with 10 inch brakes. My local parts store keeps sending 1-3/4 or 2-1/4 inch. Is the correct width a two inch shoe? That is what I am told elsewhere. Let me know what is correct, or are there other variables? What is OEM since I have OEM FRONT drums. Thank you. sgrip65
Everything I see shows 2.25" width for a 10" front drum setup ...

Front shoes are definitively and ONLY 10" x 2 1/4".
Rear shoes are definitively and ONLY 10" x 1 3/4".

DO N O T buy from a parts store anyway -- they are going to have to give you the new garbage ANYWAY
And they will be giving you Ford shoes that fit sloppily, but ARE N O T correct......

I have N.O.S. ++ Asbestos++ that are 50 times better -- and EXACT..... The only way to stop......

You disappeared.
Don't tell me you bought Ford shoes made of that new Chinese garbage... You will feel it with your hands on the steering wheel when you try and stop.

Front shoes are definitively and ONLY 10" x 2 1/4".
Rear shoes are definitively and ONLY 10" x 1 3/4".

DO N O T buy from a parts store anyway -- they are going to have to give you the new garbage ANYWAY
And they will be giving you Ford shoes that fit sloppily, but ARE N O T correct......

I have N.O.S. ++ Asbestos++ that are 50 times better -- and EXACT..... The only way to stop......
Where do I find nos shoes. My formula s had a grove in the center of the shoes. I showed those to a Chrysler engineer. He said they were designed to keep cooler. Haven't seen this design in years

Where do I find nos shoes. My formula s had a grove in the center of the shoes. I showed those to a Chrysler engineer. He said they were designed to keep cooler. Haven't seen this design in years
PM Mobileparts. He apparently sells them.

Hey, you're right, the mail order world , like firm feel and 69 others sell KILLER shoes --- yes, new-fangled
Garbage that will KILL your brake drums....
Plus you'll feel that grubbing and grabbing and ripping and shredding in your hands on the steering wheel when you hit the brakes!!!!
WARNING: STAY AWAY from new-fangled garbage.

I have been doing this for 48 years.... That's how I have N.O.S. ++ Asbestos ++ but not unlimited supplies, since nothing lasts forever, not even us!!!!
------------------------ Yours, Craig

Hey, you're right, the mail order world , like firm feel and 69 others sell KILLER shoes --- yes, new-fangled
Plus you'll feel that grubbing and grabbing and ripping and shredding in your hands on the steering wheel when you hit the brakes!!!!

I have been doing this for 48 years.... That's how I have N.O.S. ++ Asbestos ++ but not unlimited supplies, since nothing lasts forever, not even us!!!!
Send him a PM with details. Thanks

Will do, indeed, ToolmanMike, I am even willing to be up front and honest -- and leave my phone number right here!!!!? But I know you guys frown on that....

But , yes, I will presently P M the intelligent people that have been begging me to find the GOLD...
(And at copper prices, too, NOT Gold prices)..
I love intelligent people.... Yours, Craig...

Did you look at the Firm Feel Brake shoes? Not new, Not Junk. For a driver, asbestos would be better and probably cheaper.

66fs,
To be perfectly honest with you (and why be anything but perfectly honest??) , I have not had any personal contact with that particular outfit.....
What I am fully aware of, is the friction coefficient of all of these new shoes , is like 20 grit sandpaper versus the smoothness of a baby's bottom....
Some companies have tried for the last two decades to duplicate ++ Asbestos ++ and after failing miserably with all efforts, have just given up -- and simply tried to market -asbestos free- to pretend or get you to believe it has any value whatsoever... They are appealing to your notion that Asbestos is a naughty word -- but as we know (and take it to the bank -- or the laboratory!!!), ++ Asbestos ++ CAN NOT be duplicated.
Thanks for the input.....

-
Back