front end parts 63 Dart

-

JimD

Reaction score
I want to rebuild the front end over the winter, Ball joints , control arms etc, who would you recommend, brand, package, thanks Jim.

If you're looking for a stock rebuild for a street car, I would use all rubber bushings. I really don't like the "kits" because you don't really know what quality parts you're getting. I always piece my own together ouf of Moog parts. It's more expensive, but Moog is the best. You will get what you pay for.

I've received decent stuff from PST if you want a one-stop place.

I've received decent stuff from PST if you want a one-stop place.

I was looking at one of the PST kits for my 64. Did you buy a complete kit, and if so, did you use the standard kit, or the polygraphite "super" kit?

I would like hear some input on PST stuff too just put new cragars on and I think I opened a
ad2fc76e.jpg

I'm not a drag racer and can't do wheel stands just a occasional sunny afternoon driver and on kinda budget
Thanks MOE

I was looking at one of the PST kits for my 64. Did you buy a complete kit, and if so, did you use the standard kit, or the polygraphite "super" kit?
I bought both regular rubber and the poly kits for customers. All worked out well. You do have to add on the inner tie rod ends to the regular kits as they don't come with them or get the super kit for the inner tie rod ends, idler arm, and some of the hardware too. You also have to pay extra if you want the offset upper bushings (recommended) and/or the C-body tie rod ends and sleeves.

I used a kit from Kanter.com. It was 199.00 back in the day and the parts fit well, it WAS a wile ago, but everything I needed was in the kit. It was all rubber.

I bought both regular rubber and the poly kits for customers. All worked out well. You do have to add on the inner tie rod ends to the regular kits as they don't come with them or get the super kit for the inner tie rod ends, idler arm, and some of the hardware too. You also have to pay extra if you want the offset upper bushings (recommended) and/or the C-body tie rod ends and sleeves.

Sounds good - Thanks!

-
Back