front frame rails on a 66 valiant

-

valiant 1954

Reaction score
does anyone know if the front frame rails for late a bodys up to 76 will interchange with a early 66 a body .the reason ..was looking up repair sections and they say 63-76 a body are the same repair and front frame section ?if so i have access to a good 70 duster and could use sections off of that . is that correct? as always thank you all ! :prayer:

I believe the rails are different. I have a used set here. The patches however may work between years.

I would not chance it -- there are enough parts cars to get the correct 62-66 style you need. Lawrence

Aren't the early engine compartments narrower than the 2nd gen A bodies? I believe the center link on 2nd gens is longer, and the track is wider, so wouldn't that move the frame rails out on later A's?

Aren't the early engine compartments narrower than the 2nd gen A bodies? I believe the center link on 2nd gens is longer, and the track is wider, so wouldn't that move the frame rails out on later A's?

Width has to do with the K Frame, not the frame rails themselves.

I guess it depends on where you're attaching it...if it's back under the firewall, then I don't think it'll work.

Sounds like the frame rails are the same between early 64-66 and later 67-73 regardless. There is only one right place to attach them on any mopar A body whether complete or partial replacement of a frame rail.:D

The first pic is a 66 barracuda patch welded into my 73 swinger. After some measuring and double checking the only difference we found was the rebound bumper pads touch on the 73 and don't on the 66. However this thing isn't on the road yet,but I do have the ffi tubular a arms on and they hit both bumpers right on the money. I won't guarantee anything till she's lined up. But I think it's going to be OK. The second pic is the stock 73 side.sorry pic quality sucks, it a picture of a picture

Attachments

• IMG_20140819_031408.jpg
    47.4 KB · Views: 221
  • IMG_20140819_031421.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 195
-
Back